• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Suarez has scored 250 goals now, hooray.

Bd8EMYUCQAA0071.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon on Pogba

“Pogba is one of those players that leaves you speechless."

“After three or four workouts with him, we looked at each other as if to say: ‘in Manchester they are certain to have seen how good he is too, or perhaps someone has had vision problems?’

“We were immediately impressed.”

on DB9

“Definitely he is a 19-year-old kid who has left an imprint so important in a game like that against Milan, but he has also left a mark with every goal that he has scored with Sassuolo.

“He has qualities out of the ordinary. And I do not think that Italy has enough talent to leave him in the shade.”

on Allegri (and I agree):

“Sometimes they look for scapegoats to put in place and feed the fans,”

“It was not always so - if Allegri has a fault it is that he did not have the courage to walk away when for over a year he had suffered attacks from inside that were unjustified and too much for what he could do with the squad he had.”

he's still a bad coach though

Matic seems like a done deal, should be presented this week, 25€ million transfer.

we have a match tomorrow and he's not in Portugal at the moment.

confuziz

Banned
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 2m

PELLEGRINI: Yes, John [Guidetti] is going on loan. I don’t know if he has already arranged with Stoke, but he is going on loan

I don't want your blood money.

How many cows were slaughtered to create petrol?

How many more must die, Roman?

How many more cows?

It's all about dinosaurs.

Just getting the last details in place now, which means getting Spurs to pay for Matics plane ticket and do his medical for us. Can't be wasteful.

Elchele

No way they would let Ibra go until his contract is finished. Unless they have the chance to sign another "big player" to replace him.

Jack cw

Press conference with Mats Hummels right now and apparently those statements from Reus that he would never go to Bayern were debunked. Welcome Marco Reus in 2015.
Hummels said that Ballon d'Or is given to the ones with the highest standing not the ones with the best performance.

omgkitty

Draxler, 20, has been repeatedly linked to Arsenal over the past few weeks, and now new quotes from Schalke’s general manager Horst Heldt have again suggested the starlet could be on his way out the club. Asked about Draxler’s future, Heldt commented: “We continue to hope that Julian remains. But there are factors that we can not influence.”

Come on, get in there!

sohois

No way they would let Ibra go until his contract is finished. Unless they have the chance to sign another "big player" to replace him.

It's PSG, they can just go and throw money at anyone they want to replace him. Do PSG even need 2 strikers like Ibra and Cavani anyway?

Salazar

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1h
Saw Tony Adams at Villa last night. Then saw the new Tony Adams on the pitch. Per Mertesacker is a terrific defender, leader and character.

lol

dc89

Someone at Nintendo is already dead. Huge balls up on their online store pricing, Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi etc all down to less than £8. They are now changing them back but I got in and bought a few.

---
Pellegrini press conference highlight:

“Samir is very important player for us. He was also playing in a very good moment so we hope he can come back as soon as possible but I think less than six or seven weeks will be difficult.

"It has not changed our philosophy. We know exactly what we are going to do in the transfer window."

"Yes, John is going on loan, I said two or three weeks ago and I don’t know if he is already arranged with Stoke but he is going on loan.”

Elchele

It's PSG, they can just go and throw money at anyone they want to replace him. Do PSG even need 2 strikers like Ibra and Cavani anyway?

I wasn't referring to another player with Ibra quality, but another player with such a spotlight like Ibra. PSG is mostly relevant because of Ibra.

According to the sun (i know) We're after Diego from Wolfsburg ( Again) for £1.6m

While he isn't exactly their most important player, he's a starter in the LW position and I don't think Wolfsburg would be tempted with 2M euros given how much money they have. They most likely will want to keep him for the rest of the season and then let him leave in the summer for free, when KdB is already settled

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
50 million on a player we let go 18 months ago, well im getting slightly more used to embarrassment as the weeks go by so I can tolerate this. At the risk of being crucified because I have never seen him play, is Pogba a good answer to our midfield woes? All i know about him is that we shouldnt have let him leave, I dont watch Serie A

Clegg

That Nani/Carvalho thing sounds interesting. But can Sporting afford his wages? Tbh I don't think they could or would even try to reach close to the figures required.

Salazar

Probably the most embarrassing biased sports journalists I've seen. Dreadful.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1h
I would hasten to add that there's a lot of catching up to do on the medals and success count, but other attributes are there.

Welbeck is the new Van Basten. Gohan is Papin reborn.

I mean, they're works in progress, but don't you tell me the fucken general pattern isn't there.

Jack cw

50 million on a player we let go 18 months ago, well im getting slightly more used to embarrassment as the weeks go by so I can tolerate this. At the risk of being crucified because I have never seen him play, is Pogba a good answer to our midfield woes? All i know about him is that we shouldnt have let him leave, I dont watch Serie A

You should probably try it with Toni Kroos. His contract runs out next year and there is no talk about and extension at Bayern. Or Gündogan if he ever recovers from death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom