• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

Weve sold our 9000 tickets for the return semi final at ot, it sold out in a few days and didnt even hit general sale. We couldve sold at least another 3-5k for this one had man utd give us the tickets, should make for a good atmosphere.

qindarka

Banned
well, Blues, you can't just say we're getting Kakuta, where's the scout report? what position he plays in, how good he is, he's a good passer, does have a good shot?

He plays as an attacking midfielder or winger. Used to be one of our most promising youngsters but failed to establish himself on any of his loan deals. Last I watched him was at Bolton where he struggled for gametime and made zero impact even when played.

I don't see the deal happening simply because I can't see why Benfica would want him,

When a team buys a player to play up front with a striker they've already got, how much work do you guys reckon goes into judgng how effective they could be as a partnership? Seems like luck sometimes.

Just wondering if Suarez and Sturridge's relationship was anticipated by Rodgers and his staff, or whether they hoped for it but expected to play one or the other most of the time, or have to adjust Suarez's position to maximise our effectiveness.

well, Blues, you can't just say we're getting Kakuta, where's the scout report? what position he plays in, how good he is, he's a good passer, does have a good shot?

He is a tricky winger and a few years ago he looked like the most skilful young prospect around but I haven't seen him play in over 2 years. Ancelotti brought him into the Chelsea squad and for one of our youngsters he actually played fairly regular. That was until we played Newcastle in the Carling Cup. Ryan Taylor did him with a horrendous tackle which caused him to go off with injury. After that I don't think he recovered.

Think of a French Freddy Adu.

He plays as an attacking midfielder or winger. Used to be one of our most promising youngsters but failed to establish himself on any of his loan deals. Last I watched him was at Bolton where he struggled for gametime and made zero impact even when played.

I don't see the deal happening simply because I can't see why Benfica would want him,

He is a tricky winger and a few years ago he looked like the most skilful young prospect around but I haven't seen him play in over 2 years. Ancelotti brought him into the Chelsea squad and for one of our youngsters he actually played fairly regular. That was until we played Newcastle in the Carling Cup. Ryan Taylor did him with a horrendous tackle which caused him to go off with injury. After that I don't think he recovered.

jesus fuck....

well, send him anyway, gotta be worth 6 or 7 million in profit in a couple of years.

Walshy

In the way that you "look at" your foot when you've dropped something heavy on it ?
No, as in being genuinely serious on signing him.

He would be a typical Everton signing when you think about it. A Kone and Jones partnership next season? Devastating.

confuziz

Banned
Kakuta has played for Vitesse for 2 years.

He's an okay midfielder, nothing special.

When you don't excel in the Eredivisie you know you're a shitty player. Have fun Lambda.

Saw the Mandela film yesterday, was good. Bit too long though, could have been edited down to 30 mins less. Incredible acting from Elba and Harris though, at the top of their game atm.

Ashes

Banned
I had an interesting discussion yesterday, and thought I'd post it here. Then I decided not to. Ha ha.

The question that led to discussion was this. Who is the better manager? Martinez [Everton manager] or Moyes [Man Utd]?

qindarka

Banned
I had an interesting discussion yesterday, and thought I'd post it here. Then I decided not to. Ha ha.

The question that led to discussion was this. Who is the better manager? Martinez [Everton manager] or Moyes [Man Utd]?

So far, Moyes has definitely proven more. Martinez has done well at Everton so far, but a fair point could be made that he is working from Moyes's foundations and hasn't yet achieved anything substantial.

qindarka

Banned
There you go qindarka.

Quotes from journalists are a dime a dozen. And I don't exactly trust goal.com. I do think the deal is inevitable but will temper my excitement until it is officially announced.

Pretty good price if true, though. Some of the early rumors were reporting that he would cost us 35 million euro.

tri_willy

So far, Moyes has definitely proven more. Martinez has done well at Everton so far, but a fair point could be made that he is working from Moyes's foundations and hasn't yet achieved anything substantial.

same can be said for moyes, inherited a "better" line up on paper

Elchele

Is anyone here interested in the definitive version of Tomb Raider on the PS4/Xbox One? I hope not. Graphical update for full price. lol

I thought the game was good?

LOL, no way. This cant be true. That guy and his father are the greediest people in football.

He's out of contract in the summer, getting some money out of him sounds good for Wolfsburg
but I don't know if they would like to get rid of a player from the starting XI right now in the middle of the season

Jack cw

He's out of contract in the summer, getting some money out of him sounds good for Wolfsburg
but I don't know if they would like to get rid of a player from the starting XI right now in the middle of the season

Jupp pls, go to bed.
EDIT: stealth edit you cunt.

Elchele

pls understand

but seriously, isn't Tomb Raider a good game? I want to buy it since there are like zero good games for ps4 right now

Jack cw

pls understand

but seriously, isn't Tomb Raider a good game? I want to buy it since there are like zero good games for ps4 right now

I think its better than Uncharted 3. TR was a great game imo. I liked the vertical gameplay and core mechanics were really good and the platforming as well. I still dont want to pay 60$ for it.

Elchele

Zero? I have five good games.

Not counting the digital ones even!

pls

I think its better than Uncharted 3. TR was a great game imo. I liked the vertical gameplay and core mechanics were really good and the platforming as well. I still dont want to pay 60$ for it.

Thanks, is it longish or a 4 hour bullshit like Killzone?

edit: looks like Infamous: Second Son is releasing in March? Great! I'll get both :)

Got my fingers cross that Matic does come back to Chelsea. I am hoping he will provide that combination of physicality and footballing ability that we have been missing in midfield since Ballack left.

Got my fingers cross that Matic does come back to Chelsea. I am hoping he will provide that combination of physicality and footballing ability that we have been missing in midfield since Ballack left.

From Matic:

"Yes, it was my last game.

"I want to thank all the people at the club and all the supporters. Benfica will be forever in my heart. I played here two and a half years, I gave my best in every practice, every game, and now is the right time to leave.

"I want to improve, I want to go to a better league and want to go to Chelsea, the club which I also like.

"I have always given my best for the team, the club and the supporters. I hope you recognize that and understand my position and my desire."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
David Moyes reportedly held talks with Beppe Marotta over a double-move for Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal, but has been delayed in his intentions.

The Manchester United manager was picked out by cameras as in attendance for Juve’s 4-1 win at Cagliari on Sunday afternoon, prompting speculation of United’s possible intentions this January, with it known they are on the lookout for reinforcements.

Originally linked with Claudio Marchisio, the Daily Mail today are running the line that Moyes met with Juve director general Marotta after Sunday’s match to instead discuss interest in Pogba and Vidal.

However, it is understood that whilst the Red Devils’ manager made clear that they are ready to bid for either player or both this transfer window, he returned to England with the mindset that a move for Pogba would be difficult, whilst any bid for Vidal would have to wait until the summer.

United actually lost young Frenchman Pogba to the Bianconeri 18 months ago on a Bosman move, after failing to convince him to sign a new contract, but are reported as prepared to match Paris Saint-Germain’s €50m valuation of the 20-year-old.

feels bad to be a small club :(

I think Gab Marcotti should be the only one who should pick the the best player in the world.

he supports Inter, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom