• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Please.

PLEASE!

What was John Cross smoking at Villa Park last night?

Bd8ZxhdCcAErCHL.jpg

Clegg

50 million on a player we let go 18 months ago, well im getting slightly more used to embarrassment as the weeks go by so I can tolerate this. At the risk of being crucified because I have never seen him play, is Pogba a good answer to our midfield woes? All i know about him is that we shouldnt have let him leave, I dont watch Serie A
Tbf we didn't want him to go, but he felt he wasn't getting enough of a chance at United so chose not to sign a new contract with the club.

He's tall, strong, agile for his size, a good passer of the ball and scores goals from midfield. Basically everything United are looking for in a midfielder. He's also very young so he'll only get better. Only chance we'd have of signing him is if we bid enough to turn Juves head and I'm not sure we'll do that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Tbf we didn't want him to go, but he felt he wasn't getting enough of a chance at United so chose not to sign a new contract with the club.

He's tall, strong, agile for his size, a good passer of the ball and scores goals from midfield. Basically everything United are looking for in a midfielder. He's also very young so he'll only get better. Only chance we'd have of signing him is if we bid enough to turn Juves head and I'm not sure we'll do that.

Sounds like Yaya, id kill for Yaya

Champions league tied though which would make a huge price harder to swallow, but then all the best are.

It would have to be in the £40 million area for them to even talk about it.

sohois

I wasn't referring to another player with Ibra quality, but another player with such a spotlight like Ibra. PSG is mostly relevant because of Ibra.

While he isn't exactly their most important player, he's a starter in the LW position and I don't think Wolfsburg would be tempted with 2M euros given how much money they have. They most likely will want to keep him for the rest of the season and then let him leave in the summer for free, when KdB is already settled

I considered briefly a player with such a spotlight and an obvious answer seemed to be Wayne Rooney. Similar position, wants out of United and they would sell to PSG and a big enough name.

Clegg

They could afford them if we reduce our transfer fee accordingly/pay some excess on Carvalho.
Maybe. You'd also have to wonder if Nani would be willing to return to Sporting. Yes they're his boyhood club, but I'd have though bigger clubs would be interested in him, no disrespect to Sporting.

Nani isn't doing the business anymore so I wouldn't be too surprised if he's sold. But it would surprise me of it was part of any sort of deal for Carvalho. Wouldn't say no if it was though.

Maybe. You'd also have to wonder if Nani would be willing to return to Sporting. Yes they're his boyhood club, but I'd have though bigger clubs would be interested in him, no disrespect to Sporting.

Nani isn't doing the business anymore so I wouldn't be too surprised if he's sold. But it would surprise me of it was part of any sort of deal for Carvalho. Wouldn't say no if it was though.

Quite.

Still galls me that Young will outlast Nani though. That is a baseline iniquity I can't get my head round.

Scum

Perhaps we are just throwing out epic decoys.

We all know, in any case, that we will be in Bilbao on the last day. History will repeat.
It's the 14th already! He knows about Man Utd's problem with central midfield. Just do something before it's too late.

It's crazy how much Nani has disappeared from the United team. I don't know if he has been out with injury for some of that but I thought he was pretty decent for a couple of seasons.

I can't even remember the last time I saw him play.

Clegg

It would have to be in the £40 million area for them to even talk about it.
You'd also have to think that if United somehow struck a deal for Pogba; the oil clubs would soon barrel in and snatch him away again. Tbh I don't think there's much, if any, chance of us signing him again. I'll believe the club when they say they're after the best players (but pls, for the love of God just pay what they want, Woody) However, Pogba just seems unlikely for obvious reasons.

Gambit

Press conference with Mats Hummels right now and apparently those statements from Reus that he would never go to Bayern were debunked. Welcome Marco Reus in 2015.
Hummels said that Ballon d'Or is given to the ones with the highest standing not the ones with the best performance.

I'd prefer Draxler. Leave Reus at Dortmund.

@dc: congrats on the Nintendo sale. Was tempted with Pikmin but waited too long.

tri_willy

time for united to cut the fat...

it already started with anderson.

cant see nani or valencia lasting that much longer... not even sure whats going on with zaha, chose the wrong form of "sports" to be fucking around with your boss' daughter... least it worked with a certain triple h :p

That Nani/Carvalho thing isn´t happening. It would be a 6 month loan with Man Utd supporting most of the wages and getting a first option deal on William Carvalho. Nani would never want to go back to Sporting at this time on his career when Juve and Galatasary are also after him.
The Matic deal makes me laugh a bit especially when the president of Benfica said 5 months ago they rejected a 40 million € bid for him and they wouldn´t sell anyone for less than their buy out clause. Matic is going for half of that value and he already said that Sunday´s match was is last for Benfica and he was the one who wanted to leave.

qindarka

Banned
Seems like a good deal for any club not Chelsea lol.

Why, 20 million isn't really a lot for a good player to fill a position in which we are in dire need.

The Matic deal makes me laugh a bit especially when the president of Benfica said 5 months ago they rejected a 40 million € bid for him and they wouldn´t sell anyone for less than their buy out clause. Matic is going for half of that value and he already said that Sunday´s match was is last for Benfica and he was the one who wanted to leave.

I've heard that Chelsea may be getting him on the (relatively) cheap due to some business involving Markovic.

Even without that, it's not inconceivable that their president could have been lying to try and inflate the price.

GorillaJu

Interesting, I'm sure I'm late on this, but the media voting for Ballon d'Or had Franck Ribery winning by a landslide.

The who voted for who list is such a sham... We all know it's a popularity contest but some of the votes are embarrassingly scummy.

Clegg

cant see nani or valencia lasting that much longer... not even sure whats going on with zaha, chose the wrong form of "sports" to be fucking around with your boss' daughter... least it worked with a certain triple h :p
Some newspaper articles have alluded to Zaha's problems which basically boil down to him having a slack attitude. Not training hard enough, thinking he's already a star having signed for United etc etc.

Jack cw

@dc: congrats on the Nintendo sale. Was tempted with Pikmin but waited too long.

I dont think that Draxler is needed in Bayern. We have a rather young and highly talented midfield already with Götze, Müller, Kroos, Thiago, Martinez and Shaqiri. Reus on the other hand could play on the wings when Ribery or Robben retire.

Fry

According to The Metro, the Reds are targeting a move for PSV Eindhoven captain Georginio Wijnaldum and are ready to offer a deal worth £9 million before the end of the month.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Some newspaper articles have alluded to Zaha's problems which basically boil down to him having a slack attitude. Not training hard enough, thinking he's already a star having signed for United etc etc.

I have read similar things about Zaha, a shame really, when he comes on all he does is run into people, we have enough players who do that already.

I've heard that Chelsea may be getting him on the (relatively) cheap due to some business with Markovic.

Could be. Chelsea have been linked with Markovic since before he arrived to Benfica. Some rumors actually say the Chelsea helped Benfica get Markovic so they could get him in a season or two.

Scum

Confirmation email at 1:08pm
Emails with codes at 1:33pm

What th-??! Not late to the party, dc? Nice.

Yep. That's a young English football player alright.

Retire Rio and Giggs.
Sell Evra, Valencia, Nani, Anderson and Young.
Start looking for RVP replacement.
Sell Rooney to the highest bidder.

dc89

thanks man! I dunno if the person responsible should be sacked or promoted.
I'm gonna go with promotion, they probably sold a load of WiiU games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom