• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica making good money on Matic but did I not read that Chelsea were getting him cheaper than Benfica wanted to sell him because of a buy back clause?

Jack cw

Who in the world is this Draxler kid

Julian+Draxler.+Testmatch+Schalke+04+Germany+against+Al+Sadd+Quatar_7641d9_4707342.gif

dc89

What th-??! Not late to the party, dc? Nice.

Yep. That's a young English football player alright.

Retire Rio and Giggs.
Sell Evra, Valencia, Nani, Anderson and Young.
Start looking for RVP replacement.
Sell Rooney to the highest bidder.

I was on time.

I'm streaming some Sound Shapes if anyone wants to watch.

Wes

venison crêpe
Thought the BBC had a flat fee of £400 for punditry :-/

From a Mail article so take it with a pinch of salt but usually they're good with knowing how much people get paid, the nosey parkers.

Arsenal's record goalscorer Thierry Henry, who will be part of the BBC’s team of pundits at the World Cup, already has Sky and BT fighting for his future services after his final season in Major League Soccer, which starts in March.

The competition for Henry, which includes interest from foreign networks, means he will be able to command well in excess of the £5,000 a show that Graeme Souness is understood to receive from Sky or even the £8,000 Match of the Day pays Alan Shearer for each programme.

Into

Id only sell Marchiso if United give us a substantial amount of money, and considering how that club is doing football wise, id say they might be desperate enough to do it. And maybe reinvest that money in a unsettled Jovetic, and some other players. They paid 30 million for some Everton player who is not even cut out to mop the floor at Juventus Stadium, so they seem to have more money than sense

We can sell Vidal to some laughable insane price once City/PSG/Madrid fail to win every trophy and do their summer shopping.

Pogba needs more time in the oven, to become the best player in the world, then offload him if he wants to go to another large sums of cash.

Give Gio to Arsenal, he would fit well there at that club. All we want is some funny/embarrassing stories of Bendtner in return, for the lulz

Baki

Why, 20 million isn't really a lot for a good player to fill a position in which we are in dire need.

I've heard that Chelsea may be getting him on the (relatively) cheap due to some business involving Markovic.

Even without that, it's not inconceivable that their president could have been lying to try and inflate the price.

Because it means you've paid £41million for David Luiz. lol

Clegg

Buyout clauses for young players are such a bitch. Something like €40m for Carvalho? I'm sure we're interested in him, but not for that piss take price.

Batigol

Banned
Hull owner Assem Allam has threatened to walk out on the club if the FA fails back his plans to change the club's name.

Allam wants the club to drop the 'City' from its name and be known as Hull Tigers - a move that has provoked widespread opposition from the club's fans.

However, Allam is unrepentant and says he will pull his investment out of Hull "within 24 hours" if his plans are blocked.

"No-one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions - I won't allow it," he told Sky Sports News. "And I'll give you my CV to give you comfort and show you what I have achieved.

"I'm here to save the club and manage the club for the benefit of the community - it will never, ever be the other way around - take it from me.

"But the community can say "go away" and I will go within 24 hours."

When asked what would happen if the FA said he could not change the club's name, Allam said: "The same thing. It's a free country. There are no two ways about it - I have never said something and then gone back on it."

This guy passed the Fit and proper person test :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For Salazar:

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/1/14/3d42f5cc-871f-4d50-9bd8-a31dca438bd8_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

please

blondes is my thing too
[quote="OddMorsel, post: 97069757"]Guys its been a really long time since I've trimmed my pubes.[/QUOTE]

depends on the girl you're dating innit [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3AQmK.gif

some hate finding hair inside their vagina
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

"Hey that's not MINE"

"ITS THE SAME COLOUR"

Jack cw

How much do you think Arsenal will buy him for. €40m is too much, he's more of a €25-30m range value wise.

Depends if Schalke gets Holtby back for a reasonable price. I also heared that Draxler has a buy out clause but that was more like a rumour. Everything under 30 million is a bargain.

Buyout clauses for young players are such a bitch. Something like €40m for Carvalho? I'm sure we're interested in him, but not for that piss take price.

You´ll get him for much less, it´s just a starting point. If he had something like a 15 or 20 M€ clause, he would have been gone already.

Baki

Depends if Schalke gets Holtby back for a reasonable price. I also heared that Draxler has a buy out clause but that was more like a rumour. Everything under 30 million is a bargain.

Schalke being in a bad financial position really helps us. I love the Bundesliga. lol

omgkitty

How much do you think Arsenal will buy him for. €40m is too much, he's more of a €25-30m range value wise.

I could see us trying around 30m or so. Arsenal should just do what I always do in FIFA and do a swap deal with Draxler and Podolski.It's clear Arsene doesn't trust Podolski for whatever reason, and I'd assume he'll be off in the summer anyways.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Id only sell Marchiso if United give us a substantial amount of money, and considering how that club is doing football wise, id say they might be desperate enough to do it. And maybe reinvest that money in a unsettled Jovetic, and some other players. They paid 30 million for some Everton player who is not even cut out to mop the floor at Juventus Stadium, so they seem to have more money than sense

We can sell Vidal to some laughable insane price once City/PSG/Madrid fail to win every trophy and do their summer shopping.

Pogba needs more time in the oven, to become the best player in the world, then offload him if he wants to go to another large sums of cash.

Give Gio to Arsenal, he would fit well there at that club. All we want is some funny/embarrassing stories of Bendtner in return, for the lulz

DUDE YOU SOLD OUR WHOLE MIDFIELD

LeN4DCx.gif

Selling Marchisio to buy Jovetic would be a truly horrible decision.

Yeah, let's offload a hardworking jack-of-all-trades midfielder of real, underrated quality who is devoted to his boyhood club and replace him with an attacking player we don't really need who's made of glass, has yet to realize his potential, and has already rejected us and played for our rivals.

Tc91

Apparently our Coentrao loan bid has stalled because we won't meet Real's valuation for a permanent transfer. They want £20m and we are only offering 14.

Oh well.

Elchele

I understand his release fee is €40M, but its only active during summer windows. Holtby has nothing to do with Draxler, tho

Schalke being in a bad financial position really helps us. I love the Bundesliga. lol

You have to pay the release fee to get him anyway

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Andros made his comeback from injury today against Newcastle U21s, played 45 minutes and produced a goal and two assists.

I expect this week Sherwood will quietly shelve the 442 and play Eriksen down the middle with Ade, with Townsend and Lennon on the wings.

Jack cw

I understand his release fee is €40M, but its only active during summer windows. Holtby has nothing to do with Draxler, tho
It actually does, because they need a proper replacement or at least someone in midfield that could fill the gap.

Elchele

It actually does, because they need a proper replacement or at least someone in midfield that could fill the gap.

Holtby plays centrally (CAM or CM) and Draxler plays as winger, no relation in those transfers at all. Sidney Sam transfer could be related.

Holtby would replace Jermaine Jones

I think the only situation in which Juve sell Vidal is someone offers north of €50m and the player requests to leave.

He is signed through 2017. He has Juve scudetti tattooed on his arm (30 and 31, much to the rest of Italy's rage). He has talked about wanting to captain the side one day.

BLMGUbvCcAA6WHs.jpg

The idea that he would leave Conte and Juve after potentially winning three scudetti straight to go to a Man Utd side that's limping into the Europa League under David fucking Moyes... I just don't know, Daily Mail. I just don't know.

Pogba is a different story because of his agent and his aspirations, but the chances of him returning to Manchester seem even slimmer. PSG, sure. Other billionaire clubs? Quite possibly. But again, Juve have no imperative or particular desire to sell, and probably wouldn't be able to find suitable or better replacements even for many tens of millions of euro.

Tc91

Shake, calma pls.

I think every United fan knows we aren't going to get Pogba or Vidal :lol they are dream signings. We will be linked to players like this for the rest of the month and end up with Baines for £30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom