• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

ibg2dd7fRmWcgb.png

hmm

3Sixty

Guidetti to Stoke on loan is official. Good luck, John! I hope he gets significant time.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/January/Guidetti-joins-Stoke-on-loan

Kenwyne Jones has been fined two weeks' wages by Stoke City after texting manager Mark Hughes to say he was unavailable to play against Liverpool.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker was hit with an £80,000 penalty after failing to report for Sunday's game.
Jones, who has six months left on his contract, contacted his manager on Saturday night to say he had no intention of turning up at the Britannia Stadium.

Makes sense.

Jarnet87

Of all the CMs we've been linked to Pogba and Vidal are probably the least likely to happen, even less so than Fabregas was.

Moyes just pretending like hes going for big signings. It's gonna be such a let down when he pays 20 million pounds or more for Baines as the window closes.

If the Coentrao rumor is true, it's pathetic that were haggling over a couple million pounds. He could be the starting left back for the next 5-7 years. Not shocking though. Being cheap in the market, not paying agent fees, sounds like old stubborn United.

Jack cw

I've been busy yesterday, missed ballon d'or and can't be arsed to read the 20 or something pages from yesterday. Please tell me (and post) there have been amazing reaction gifs from Messi/Ronaldo.

Well, there were 2 or 3 nice gifs but nothing great. The meltdown of Bayern-gaf (myself included) was better, but Bla's suicide was the real tragedy or highlight if you want to :/

Well, there were 2 or 3 nice gifs but nothing great. The meltdown of Bayern-gaf (myself included) was better, but Bla's suicide was the real tragedy or highlight if you want to :/
What? Bla got himself banned because Ribéry didn't win it? Seriously?

It's sad to see him go, he's been nicer in the last few months. But getting banned over that? That's kind of funny...

Meier

How much do you think Arsenal will buy him for. €40m is too much, he's more of a €25-30m range value wise.

Clubs just won't sell for less than a buyout clause these days. What is their reasoning? Arsenal fans felt like their offer of €15m for Griezmann was acceptable. Of course it isn't. His clause is €30m. His price is €30m.

There is no impetus for a team to accept anything less than what they can get for a player. The only way it'll ever happen is if a team is in danger of bankruptcy or something and even still, they can find some team who will pay more than a cut rate price undoubtedly.

Clegg

Yup, can't blame us for haggling on that one. Not paying £20 million for a left back you never play, RM.
The journo doing todays rumour mill for the Guardian was taking the piss out of United going after Vidal and Pogba. We're now the butt of jokes when it comes to big transfers. This cannot continue.

Meier

Selling Marchisio to buy Jovetic would be a truly horrible decision.

Yeah, let's offload a hardworking jack-of-all-trades midfielder of real, underrated quality who is devoted to his boyhood club and replace him with an attacking player we don't really need who's made of glass, has yet to realize his potential, and has already rejected us and played for our rivals.

I think it's far more likely (which is to say not very likely to be honest) that Jovetic is included in a deal for Pogba. That's the rumor floating around right now.

Scum

The journo doing todays rumour mill for the Guardian was taking the piss out of United going after Vidal and Pogba. We're now the butt of jokes when it comes to big transfers. This cannot continue.
Moyes should have had plans in place for this window. Get the bloody players in the moment the transfer window opened.

You'll end up with Baines, who'll be shifted to the M/AM L role instead.

Jack cw

What? Bla got himself banned because Ribéry didn't win it? Seriously?

It's sad to see him go, he's been nicer in the last few months. But getting banned over that? That's kind of funny...

It fits him. He has always been a cunt, my favourite one and I hope his ban isnt permanent.

Klopp is playing Micky as CM/DM and Aubameyang as lone striker quite a lot in the pre/between-season matches. Make of that what you want.

Free Shinji?

Clegg

Moyes should have had plans in place for this window. Get the bloody players in the moment the transfer window opened.

I don't think Moyes can be given too much blame here. I'm sure he wants players, but if they're not available on January then what can he do about it? What'll be a real kick in the balls is if we fail to sign these players in the summer because we deem than too expensive.

I don't think Moyes can be given too much blame here. I'm sure he wants players, but if they're not available on January then what can he do about it? What'll be a real kick in the balls is if we fail to sign these players in the summer because we deem than too expensive.

They're not too expensive, per se, there's just no value in the market, chum.

Today's was one of the best in ages, and not simply because of the United jokes!

Bla is only banned for 2 weeks, he'll be back with his Bayern talk in no time

FootballFan

Hopefully Neymar and GOAT are ready to actually start the next match.

Would like to see

-Neymar---GOAT---Alexis-

starting up front, the rest of the team can be scrubs + Octopus of Badia.

edit
Just realised it's the 2nd leg of a copa match that we already have pretty much secured..might as well keep resting both of them then.

Id only sell Marchiso if United give us a substantial amount of money, and considering how that club is doing football wise, id say they might be desperate enough to do it. And maybe reinvest that money in a unsettled Jovetic, and some other players. They paid 30 million for some Everton player who is not even cut out to mop the floor at Juventus Stadium, so they seem to have more money than sense

We can sell Vidal to some laughable insane price once City/PSG/Madrid fail to win every trophy and do their summer shopping.

Pogba needs more time in the oven, to become the best player in the world, then offload him if he wants to go to another large sums of cash.

Give Gio to Arsenal, he would fit well there at that club. All we want is some funny/embarrassing stories of Bendtner in return, for the lulz

you-you-o.gif

Kikarian

Another factor is that they're missing games. We've had like three games in January. These are games our new signing have missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom