• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Robben he says lol

zinedine-zidane-1998.jpg

Razor554

Hopefully Neymar and GOAT are ready to actually start the next match.

Would like to see

-Neymar---GOAT---Alexis-

starting up front, the rest of the team can be scrubs + Octopus of Badia.

edit
Just realised it's the 2nd leg of a copa match that we already have pretty much secured..might as well keep resting both of them then.

Asexis will most likely get some rest but Neymar and GOAT still lack 100% fitness so they will start most likely to improve it.
Hoping to see Adama or Denis Suárez(thanks City!) since they have both been awesome lately in Barça B.

FootballFan

Asexis will most likely get some rest but Neymar and GOAT still lack 100% fitness so they will start most likely to improve it.
Hoping to see Adama or Denis Suárez(thanks City!) since they have both been awesome lately in Barça B.

Yeah, saw highlights of the 5-0. So good.

Seedorf has confirmed in a press conference he will be Milan's next coach. Will be really interesting to see how he does on the bench for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he can do what Allegri don't and actually motivate our players instead of having what sometimes looked like 10 shambling cadavers passing the ball around.
Does Seedorf even have his coaching badges?

AC taking a big risk

Yes, he finished them while playing in Brazil I believe.

dc89

Remember Mou saying lovely things about United hoping to get the job?

"It would be my greatest achievement if we beat City to the title this year. City, in terms of power of the squad, are in another dimension. City are different."

He bloody wants us so bad.

Danchi

AC taking a big risk

He doesn't have a UEFA Pro License but has been granted special dispensation.

Wants Staam and Crespo on the coaching staff apparently. Players becoming managers makes you feel old (granted, I was watching these guys in their twilight years...)

Jarnet87

Seedorf won't make much a difference but lets be honest that Milan team wasn't going to contend anyways. Juventus are going to keep dominating the league unless Inter can cook up another match fixing scandal.

Hixx

Anyone else watch Sons of Anarchy? Just seen the season 6 finale and WAT. Fuck me that was grim.

Though it's a shame to see how fucking... crap the show is now. It's weird. I know I will watch all of the final season too but it's just gotten so bad. Kurt Sutter just refuses to let go of characters or themes at the right time, makes it very frustrating and kind of sucks you out of the story/world he's written because he constantly breaks the rules he created for it and ugh. pls. Loads of bullshit contrivances to keep characters around and then when he decides, "OK, they can go now", it's like... this shit would have meant way more when the time was right about two fucking years ago.

Also the first couple of seasons had a great balance of humour and drama. Now it's just relentlessly grim.

What he's done to Juice as a character is like a microcosm of all the problems with the show.

Sorry for an off topic ramble but the s6 thread is dead.

Meier

AC taking a big risk

I figured they'd use that U-17 coach for the rest of the year as a caretaker and then have Seedorf take over during the summer. Should be interesting to say the least. I think they're probably resigned to no European cup football next season and are just letting him get used to it before a new campaign when everything starts from scratch.

Meier

The Alkass International U-16 tournament in Qatar I was talking about has a live stream if anyone is interested: http://internationalcup.alkass.net/?page_id=3306

City play just over 24 hours from now.. can't wait to see Brahim in action. Hope he starts! A local team (Aspire Qatar) are playing the Chicago Fire right now and are up 1-0. They actually beat Madrid yesterday as well.

Barcelona are playing Kashiwa Reysol next.

I like to think that Seedorf will be the best manager ever and that he'll make us win a CL this year and the next five or six.

At least until Sunday. That's like five days. Then things will be back to the usual crap.
AC taking a big risk
Why :(

AC alone means "Associazione Calcio", which is literally "Football Association" (or club, perhaps in English that's a bit better). It's like calling Juventus "FC", it doesn't really make any sense. The two teams from Milan (the city) are simply called Milan and Inter (or Internazionale, which is more formal. Merda is accepted too), nothing else.

At first I though of air conditioning goddamnit
KuGsj.gif

Seedorf won't make much a difference but lets be honest that Milan team wasn't going to contend anyways. Juventus are going to keep dominating the league unless Inter can cook up another match fixing scandal.

The Milan fans here are under no illusions. We know we don`t have a scudetto winning side. We do, however, have a squad that is capable of challenging for a top 3 finish at the very least. Our current position on the table is scandalous when considering the players we do have and something had to be done. I`m not saying Seedorf is going to magically fix all our problems, but at this point I`m willing to accept the gamble management is making, with this season being virtually over for us anyways.

Jarnet87

Apparently Rafael's agent said his player may leave United in the Summer.

The hits just keep coming.

Probably just wants a new contract. give him whatever he wants. Moyes could use another attacking right back veteran or young, the right side just goes to sh*t attacking wise when Rafael is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom