• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Still think that Neymar is overrated. The hype around him is due to that he is Brazilian and that Barcelona wanted him as a marquee signing to put one over Madrid.

I think Sturridge is just as good as he is. Even has better goals per game ratio playing in a more competitive league in a worse team.

Barca have just disclosed that they paid $55 million to Neymar's parents. That is fucking dodgy.

:lol

Still think that Neymar is overrated. The hype around him is due to that he is Brazilian and that Barcelona wanted him as a marquee signing to put one over Madrid.

I think Sturridge is just as good as he is. Even has better goals per game ratio playing in a more competitive league in a worse team.

Sturridge is older than him and doesn't have the potential Nerman has. Nerman in time will create more for others than Sturridge and will score similar amount of goals to Sturridge.

bud

Fucking Qatar(where we're having our training) refused to give one of our new signings a visa because he's been to Israel recently. Joke of a country.

similar thing happened to a player of vitesse this year. he wasn't allowed in the country because of his jewish background.

Hixx

Fulham v Norwich tonight on TV

wtzgU.gif

L1NETT

I only just realised that Marlon Harewood is the brother of David Harewood from Killzone SF and Homeland

Never put 2+2 together there.

Kikarian

Jesus christ

Fabio, Zaha, Nani, Vidic, Anderson leaving and being loaned out

And we're wanting to bring coentrao in

Jesus cunting christ

LTWheels

Sturridge is older than him and doesn't have the potential Nerman has. Nerman in time will create more for others than Sturridge and will score similar amount of goals to Sturridge.

Sturridge is a few years older, but being at Chelsea and City he has not played that many games for a player his age. And most of his appearances were just short cameo roles off the bench.

Sturridge has played 123 (132 if including international) games in his career with most of them being as a sub.

Neymar has played 119 (165 if including international).

Experience wise they are arguably at a same level of development.

With regard to assists, Sturridge has 3 this season. Obviously Neymar will have more (8) due to his position. Sturridge has picked up his assists when playing along side Suarez, and for a lot of the season they have been unable to play together for various reasons (ban, injury). I would expect his assist count to increase if both stay fit and in the team.

You know if you're going to say something you need a legitimate source.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-14/barcelona-discloses-55-million-payment-made-to-neymar-s-parents.html

Spanish soccer champion Barcelona said it paid 40 million euros ($55 million) to a company owned by Brazilian playmaker Neymar’s parents as it comes under pressure to give more details about one of last year’s biggest soccer trades.

The team paid the money to N&N Consultoria Esportiva e Empresarial Ltd. as part of a 57.1 million-euro outlay on Neymar, according to a Barcelona statement. Sao Paulo-based N&N is owned by the 21-year-old’s parents, a company filing shows. Last June, Barcelona said the financial details of the trade were protected by a confidentiality clause.

Also:

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja 10m

DIS paid $2.6m for 40 percent stake of Neymar transfer fee in 2009. Santos got €17m from Barca. Will get €2m more if Neymar wins Balon D'or

:) Didn't Clarke hand in a transfer request?

Need to keep Wilson there. Still got a good squad.

Yes he did. Ungrateful bastard. Just like King.

We've got one of the best teams in the division. We'd be fifth without the points deduction. It's just that we lack squad depth.

omgkitty

Who is the best left back around at the moment? One of the harder positions to think of atm.

I don't really think there's a "best" LB. There's a few really good ones: Marcelo, Baines, Alaba, Alba. If you want to cheat like FIFA did and just put Lahm there even though he's been playing at RB you could.

Meier

Everton have had a lot of injuries as well. Anyways we are after some young striker from Standard Liege.
The kid's name is Michy Batshuayi -- definitely looks like a future star although I am not sure how much he'll have to offer this season since he is still young. Definitely a good value at his buyout clause.

Is he good?
Mangala is probably the most highly regarded young CB in Europe. I hope we don't pay €45m for a defender though. That's a ludicrous figure especially for someone his age who wouldn't necessarily play every game.

I had no idea that PL clubs can only have 2 season-long loan players per season.

It's just 2 from the Premier League. They can also have some from abroad (as seen at Everton).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom