• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys here's proof Pogba is going to PSG, this is a recent snap of him after a match when he took his Juve top off and then his Man Utd bib off underneath that

4FVRAQq.jpg

Only to then reveal this under the PSG shirt

Paul%2BPogba%2BManchester%2BUnited%2Bv%2BNew%2BYork%2BCosmos%2BkrYJbqv5lhTl.jpg

Elchele

I raise you a

Pirlo FREE
Llorente FREE
Pogba FREE
Barzagli €0.3M
Vidal €10.5M
Tevez €15M
Berardi's half = Marrone's half

Now, if only we got some actual money to buy a couple of players for more than €15M each:(

Vidal should be in our list (and we offered 12.5M!!!) :/
Buying from Wolfsburg is so good innit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I raise you a

Pirlo FREE
Llorente FREE
Pogba FREE
Barzagli €0.3M
Vidal €10.5M
Tevez €15M
Berardi's half = Marrone's half

Now, if only we got some actual money to buy a couple of players for more than €15M each:(

boner inducing

iuw3LSrZxdaxm.gif

Marchisio is technically free too <3

Plasma

Banned
I have to admit, I don't really understand why everyone hates Nasri so much. He seems a bit of a knob, but every team has less likeable players as far as I can tell

He wouldn't enter contract negotiations and ran down his deal to the last year which forced us to sell him in the same summer we lost Cesc. Really annoying considering we spent close to 15m on him and he only started living up to that price tag in his last season with us.

Vidal should be in our list (and we offered 12.5M!!!) :/
Buying from Wolfsburg is so good innit
It certainly is. I still have no idea how we pulled that deal off. And they offered to buy Diego from us after he failed spectacularly at Juve, at a decent price too. Must be VW's industrial fumes clouding their minds or something.

No one is getting anyone good this month
It depends on what standard we're using for "good."

I'm still holding out hope that Napoli will snag a couple good midfielders or backs before the close of the window. It seems Gonalons is off until the summer at least, but I'm optimistic about Capoue and especially Jorginho. A midfield triangle consisting of those two and a healthy Hamsik has me salivating.

He wouldn't enter contract negotiations and ran down his deal to the last year which forced us to sell him in the same summer we lost Cesc. Really annoying considering we spent close to 15m on him and he only started living up to that price tag in his last season with us.

Arsenal fans I understand. From a more neutral view, he's no worse than Cabaye or Sterling imo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes is so beta he's going to mediate the Pogtrayer/Verrattrayer deal between Juve and PSG.

*controversial opinion*

really, I don't mind giving Pogba away (+money) for Verratti.

Pogba is CLEARLY more talented, but a couple of years from now, we're going to NEED someone like Marco a bit more.

Pogba can (but shouldn't) play in Pirlo's role. Verratti on the other hand is born to play there.

Verratti is a Juventino and I can see him staying with us for YEARS to come, unlike Pogba.

and I want Marchisio to play more, okay?

Wait, United gave Pogba for FREE?
Well his contract was expired so yeah. I think we actually paid &#8364;1M in order to "maintain good relationships" or something though.

*controversial opinion*

Pogba is CLEARLY more talented, but a couple of years from now, we're going to NEED someone like Marco a bit more.

Pogba can (but shouldn't) play in Pirlo's role. Verratti on the other hand is born to play there.

Verratti is a Juventino and I can see him staying with us for YEARS to come, unlike Pogba.

Verratti + Lucas + &#8364;20M. Make it happen Marotta! I really think we'd be able to compete for the CL if that happens.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It depends on what standard we're using for "good."

I'm still holding out hope that Napoli will snag a couple good midfielders or backs before the close of the window. It seems Gonalons is off until the summer at least, but I'm optimistic about Capoue and especially Jorginho. A midfield triangle consisting of those two and a healthy Hamsik has me salivating.

Oh Jorginho is definitely good/great.
3AQmK.gif

What's wrong with Hamsik, really? I can't believe he's still injured.
Well his contract was expired so yeah. I think we actually paid &#8364;1M in order to "maintain good relationships" or something though.

Salazar is still following me on twitter so I think that worked!

Verratti + Lucas + &#8364;20M. Make it happen Marotta! I really think we'd be able to compete for the CL if that happens.

we'll give it our best shot

pineapple-express-burger-cry.gif

Plasma

Banned
Bit worried about signing Draxler and converting him into a striker, I can see the comparisons between him and RVP but lets not forget how many years he spent out on the right wing and playing behind another striker before he started playing upfront on his own.

Bit worried about signing Draxler and converting him into a striker, I can see the comparisons between him and RVP but lets not forget how many years he spent out on the right wing and playing behind another striker before he started playing upfront on his own.

There's no chance of Arsenal signing Draxler so you don't have to be worried

we'll give it our best shot

pineapple-express-burger-cry.gif
Just think about it! Pogba out, Berardi, Lucas and Verratti in plus about &#8364;60M (word was &#8364;20 would have been be our base budget plus &#8364;20 from PSG and around the same from Vucinic and Quaglia transfers) to spend for another world class winger and a good left-back. Sooo sweet.

We'll end up taking back Bendtner and buying Winston Cerci won't we

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just think about it! Pogba out, Berardi and Verratti in plus about &#8364;60M (word was &#8364;20 would have been be our base budget plus &#8364;20 from PSG and around the same from Vucinic and Quaglia transfers) to spend for another world class winger and a good left-back. Sooo sweet.

NICKY B <3

Cerci seems like a realistic Marotta signing
KuGsj.gif

he's brilliant and a game changer, to be fair.

..but I'd still be disappointed.

Cheer up man, at least you're not fighting for a spot in the Europa League. :(

we won't have to fight for EL, we'll drop to it. :(

Oh Jorginho is definitely good/great.
3AQmK.gif

What's wrong with Hamsik, really? I can't believe he's still injured.
I'm not sure what exactly has been the deal with Hamsik. First they claimed it was a recurring toe problem, then there was talk of oedema and possible surgery (fears at one point of a fracture seem to have been overblown). I'm just glad that it seems he'll finally be returning to play soon.

Zabojnik

holy shit what an amazing run from Biabiany but of course they had to fuck it up in the end. To be fair he had like three defenders chasing him but still...could have been our second.

Pls keep him. PLS.
I actually think he's pretty good, just not Juve-good.

Zabo didn't even follow me back, I'm going thru a depression now

I've no idea what I'm doing. Please understand and wait. :)

Wolfsburg did

They've signed Marco Motta then?

FAKE EDIT: Beaten to death by Yurt.

*controversial opinion*

Pretty much. As much as I'd hate to lose Pogba, getting Verratti in return (+ cash) would be a pretty sweet deal for us.

Just think about it! Pogba out, Berardi and Verratti in plus about €60M (word was €20 would have been be our base budget plus €20 from PSG and around the same from Vucinic and Quaglia transfers) to spend for another world class winger and a good left-back. Sooo sweet.

/MURDERED

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure what exactly has been the deal with Hamsik. First they claimed it was a recurring toe problem, then there was talk of oedema and possible surgery (fears at one point of a fracture seem to have been overblown). I'm just glad that it seems he'll finally be returning to play soon.

and Rafa is doing fine without him anyway ;) 42 points is a club record, isn't it? And only two points behind a record breaking Roma.

Don't try to fight it

Welcome to Arsenal, Julian.

He'll definitely play at the Emirates

Whilst wearing a bayern shirt :p

Giroud's good. Doesn't quite have that killer instinct I think Arsenal will need to win the title, but he's good.

He'd do well for a mid table team, but compare him to Suarez, Aguero, Rooney, Negredo, RVP, Sturridge, Crouch, I would choose all of them over him

Yeah. Dumb peeps though innit.

Did you watch the u21 game vs Saints? Why did we bring Lingard back? Don't get it. Should have left him at Bham. Hope we don't bring Powell back now, should leave him at Wigan till the summer.

I know your game Brian. Got my eyes on you.

Didn't air. I think they just showed highlights. Lingard was always scheduled to come back, unlike Powell, but United and Birmingham should have negotiated for his loan to be extended until the end of the season. There's no reason to bring him back now and it also prevents the other youth players from getting game time. It would be better to use Pereira, Pearson, Wilson, Janko, etc... some u21 game time, but there is always an older player ahead of them. It's ridiculous.

It looks like Powell is doing much better at the Championship level than Lingard who has fizzled out.

Salvadora

Giroud isn't shit, he's just not good enough to lead the line for a team of Arsenal's size.

He does a lot more than people in here think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom