• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

AKA the "Arsenal have no good players" team of the year.
Tough one between Mert n Vidic.

Mert better this season. In 2013 year, tough one. Still, not a fan on Mertasacker :p

Fernandinho better than Ramsey defensively. Rooney has been immense.

Nothing to change :p

GHG

Well looky here, what is this monstrosity.

1KwU2yh.jpg

Why...?

We could do with a better 2nd choice keeper in case Mignolet takes some time to get his form back. Should have done better with 3 goals in our last 4 games, 2 of which cost us dearly

L1NETT

Szczesny's distribution is one of the best in the league, L1NETT.

It used to be utter shite, but now it is a major way of our play.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not saying he hasn't got a lot better but De Gea for me. Just better overall.

Major way of our play?

You got some sick beats bruv

--

GHG nooooooooo it's horrible. Get it out out out!

@qin. Oh I agree, he's been mint the last few months but if we're doing a team of the season got to look at it as a whole.

Dibbz

The guy who tried to dribble past Giroud?

De Gea has probably made the fewest gaffes of the top keepers this season, Lloris, Hart, Cech, Mignolet have all had some rubbish errors.

He was vital to Arsenals season so far. Couldn't be top without him. Boruc for president.

Salvadora

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not saying he hasn't got a lot better but De Gea for me. Just better overall.

Major way of our play?

You got some sick beats bruv
He boots it up to Giroud, so yeah, tis' a big part of our play. Focus on it next time you watch us, you'll notice.

Don't rate De Gea (or Mignolet) in that department at all.

WJD

----------- De Gea ----------

Zab - Kompany - Vidic - Baines

---- Yaya - Fernandinho -----

----------- Rooney -----------

--- Suarez - Aguero - Hazard ----

Is this based on this season only? If so Vidic (edit: and Kompany) should be nowhere near, Coleman should be in for Zabaleta and probably Ramsey for Fernandinho.

Best CB in the league
5 years ago :(

Speaking of centrebacks who have gotten worse, Agger would have been world class if he didn't get injured so often after 2007. He was incredible in 06/07, and has regressed if anything :(

I still love him, but he does my head in. All he has to do is pay attention to the person he's marking when the opposition winger is in a crossing position, or when a set piece is being prepared, and he'll be back in the team. Its like his brain turns off for that vital second.

Barzul

Tough one between Mert n Vidic.

Mert better this season. In 2013 year, tough one. Still, not a fan on Mertasacker :p

Fernandinho better than Ramsey defensively. Rooney has been immense.

Nothing to change :p

Only blind bias has Vidic over Mertesacker in your list.

K1LLER7

Is this based on this season only? If so Vidic should be nowhere near, Coleman should be in for Zabaleta and probably Ramsey for Fernandinho.
Year 2013. Not this season.

If this season, swap zab and Vidic for Coleman and Mertasacker.

K1LLER7

Speaking of centrebacks who have gotten worse, Agger would have been world class if he didn't get injured so often after 2007. He was incredible in 06/07, and has regressed if anything :(

I still love him, but he does my head in. All he has to do is pay attention to the person he's marking when the opposition winger is in a crossing position, or when a set piece is being prepared, and he'll be back in the team. Its like his brain turns off for that vital second.
Vermaelin (?) Is another who Started out pretty well.

Yen

So John Henry is flying in for talks in Liverpool and Cortese is about to resign.
More than just a Coincidence?
ohhh.png

Never happening but he would be such be a huge upgrade on Ayre and would be the CEO we would need.
Where's the Cortese money, John?

Walshy

We could do with a better 2nd choice keeper in case Mignolet takes some time to get his form back. Should have done better with 3 goals in our last 4 games, 2 of which cost us dearly
Yeah, we had Given (lol) coming in at the end of the summer window but it fell through.

That Danny Ward is meant to be decent, wouldn't mind giving him a chance instead of Jones although he did play quite well against Oldham.

Kompany's become that default #1 CB who doesn't get called out when he makes mistakes, but he really has no place in any of these halfway-TOTS lists. Lovren, Koscielny, and Jagielka have all been better.

Elchele

Gundogan is dead. If he still has pain, then he's only postponing this inevitable surgery. He will need minimum 1 complete season between surgery + recovery, so anyone who purchase him can forget about Ilkay for the first season at least and hope he surgery is fully successful.

Quite sad, he's the best DM/CM in Germany

De Gea, Coleman, Mertesacker, Lovren, Gibbs, Ramsey, Fernandinho, Suarez, Lallana, Hazard, Aguero

Rooney has really good stats too, Negredo and Baines and Toure and Sczeszny close

Jack cw

Gundogan is dead. If he still has pain, then he's only postponing this inevitable surgery. He will need minimum 1 complete season between surgery + recovery, so anyone who purchase him can forget about Ilkay for the first season at least and hope he surgery is fully successful.

Indeed, and if its really some kind of a displacement of the vertrebral column, than its pretty sure that he needs medical treatmant around the clock.

Nah, it'll be fine. Doesn't change anything on the DS4.

Cheers

To elaborate, the team I posted is a general 'best of the league' rather than best of the season, best of 2013 or anything like that.

This season, I'd have Coleman above Zabaleta, Koscielny above Kompany, might take Baines out and would take Ozil out

Fernandinho is in it by default tbh, no DM in the PL comes close to the likes of Busquets and Martinez

Not sure about the surgery part, think he's completely fucked if it doesn't heal on it's own.

Meier

Kompany's become that default #1 CB who doesn't get called out when he makes mistakes, but he really has no place in any of these halfway-TOTS lists. Lovren, Koscielny, and Jagielka have all been better.

Been playing really well since he came back from his most recent injury. He clearly is the best CB in the league by a wide margin when he's healthy. I do agree that solely based on the half season thus far that you could make a case for others over him since he missed so much time, but if you're trying to field the best team from the league, he's absolutely in it and the Captain.

Saw this on reddit (I avoided that place for like 10 years but finally started using it recently.. it's okay) and thought it was pretty cool. This guy's kit designs for the EPL are impressive (he's done it for the MLS as well apparently): http://www.offtheballsc.com/epldesigns. In general, I like the third kits the most.. Soton's proposed 3rd kit is probably my favorite:

Southampton-01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom