• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Morata is definitely leaving Madrid. Ancelotti has killed him in the league and he's become so bad that he can't even finish one half of a CDR game against a shit team like Osasuna.

Morata pls...you have the chance to become truly world class at Arsenal. See the light.

Coentrao....his ability is on par with Moyes United. Sell him.

He's the best option we have after Marcelo in that position, pls guys.

Suen

Buttner > Coentrao
image.php

Meier

Fine, he was still brought to play for Real Madrid B, not Real Madrid, before we gave him a chance to play in the first team

That's kinda like saying Barca bought Denis Suarez for their B team. They didn't. Casemiro came in early on a loan with a to-buy clause and they essentially gave him an extended trial and then signed him permanently (there may have been some additional reasons behind the scenes, who knows). He was a very highly regarded player and a FM wonderkid for a few years prior.

FootballFan

Dear FootballFan,

The question should be: Can City breaks Bayern's CL goal record against Barca?

Regards
Suen

They could, this is football and anything is possible. We get smashed, or we smash them...or it becomes a low scoring tight 2 legs...can not call it at this time. We need to be on top form both defensively and offensively to take City out. City are great going forward just like us, so it may come down to a bit of magic. Messi, Aguero, Negredo, Neymar, Alexis, Toure. Should be a cracker.

Elchele

They could, this is football and anything is possible. We get smashed, or we smash them...or it becomes a low scoring tight 2 legs...can not call it at this time. We need to be on top form both defensively and offensively to take City out. City are great going forward just like us, so it may come down to a bit of magic. Messi, Aguero, Negredo, Neymar, Alexis, Toure. Should be a cracker.

TATA LEGEND WON'T LET THAT HAPPEN

Suen

That's kinda like saying Barca bought Denis Suarez for their B team. They didn't. Casemiro came in early on a loan with a to-buy clause and they essentially gave him an extended trial and then signed him. He was a very highly regarded player and a FM wonderkid for a few years prior.
No, Madrid is the only exception to this rule. Kidding, yeah he wasn't brought at the academy like some said. My point was still that we do give players from the academy a chance to play although we've pushed away many good players which is a sad thing to see of course.

About goal celebrations: The whole sucking-your-thumb thing when scoring a goal looks so fucking stupid. Look how handsome Giroud is when he scores, look how calm and composed Gomez used to be when he scored. Now look at Di Maria and Pepe. The former looks like Dracula sucking his thumb and the latter looks indistinguishable from a monkey.

You should just save some energy and lose to them on purpose to avoid the spanking Atleti will give you in the semis
We will win CDR and Ramos will drop the trophy.

pulga

Banned
No, Madrid is the only exception to this rule. Kidding, yeah he wasn't brought at the academy like some said. My point was still that we do give players from the academy a chance to play although we've pushed away many good players which is a sad thing to see of course.

About goal celebrations: The whole sucking-your-thumb thing when scoring a goal looks so fucking stupid. Look how handsome Giroud is when he scores, look how calm and composed Gomez used to be when he scored. Now look at Di Maria and Pepe. The former looks like Dracula sucking his thumb and the latter looks indistinguishable from a monkey.

I'm going to head Shanks off and stop you right there

91.jpg

Suen

Suen that is a rather racist description.
To be fair Pepe has grown some amount of hair now so I guess the monkey thing doesn't apply anymore.

susan pls

did you not learn anything from the Kipless Night?
If people are allowed to post gifs of fashion models walking in sexy underwear or bikinis in some fashion show or an edited Shakira gif where she takes a huge dump then I should sure as hell be allowed to post a gif of a football player on the beach.

Meier

Navas does the thumb suck thing as well. It's quite unusual to be honest -- I was surprised that FIFA didn't add it into the celebrations this year given how common it is.

Dzeko up to 15 goals now which is equal to his output last season in 18 fewer games. He still frustrates the hell out of me often but the man can score some pretty goals.

pulga

Banned
http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/mario-gomez/leistungsdaten/spieler_6288_2011.html

he didn't score against good sides, only against shit/midtable/relegation sides

is there any other side in the budeslolga?

bvb was the last bastion of hope

now, its carcass has been ravaged by the sneaky, cowardly vulture

To be fair Pepe has grown some amount of hair now so I guess the monkey thing doesn't apply anymore.

If people are allowed to post gifs of fashion models walking in sexy underwear or bikinis in some fashion show or an edited Shakira gif where she takes a huge dump then I should sure as hell be allowed to post a gif of a football player on the beach.

pls his cock is like right there

im even salivating

brb making an "Am I Bi, GAF?" thread

Elchele

is there any other side in the budeslolga?

bvb was the last bastion of hope

now, its carcass has been ravaged by the sneaky, cowardly vulture

He couldn't score against Leverkusen, Schalke 04 (back when they were good), Mainz :)lol), Dortmund, Gladbach, Bremen.

Yet he scored against shit sides like Mancini's Man City, Mou's Real Madrid and Napoli. Joke clubs

Suen

Game should be great, looking really forward to it.

City/Barca
Arse/Bayern
Milol/Atletico

Those three are the most exciting ones for me in this knockout phase. Imo though Barca has bigger chance of trying to outscore City than defending against them. Those guys can be absolute beasts on the counters, not to mention that Negredo and Aguery are really dangerous. Both have plenty of experience in La Liga as well.

LTWheels

Guys, The Banner Saga. So good. Kickstarter is fucking delivering.

Yep. I just finished it. Really enjoyed it. Rook was my favourite unit. His special ability is great.

The only problem I had was that there is a bit of a difficulty spike right at the end.

I think I'm going to check out Factions now.

Clegg

Telegraph says Shaw wants out of Southampton.

Tbf they say there's gonna be a player exodus, but Shaw is on the back page cover.

subtles

I guess it's safe to say City have done the best business this summer? The stark contrast between the two halfs (against us), one with Kompany being dragged around by Suarez and the other more disciplined, unified effort to shut him down has proven how much of an upgrade this 'approach' to games has been for them this year. They are scoring goals for fun.

That engineer always tweaking....

Meier

I still don't quite get why Spurs would want to sell Capoue. He's a quality player who is that age where you're easily going to get a full contract and more out of him if you'd like. Taking a loss on him seems strange to me. Napoli were supposed to take Garcia off our hands, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom