• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
flabberghastly is boss. Welcome again buddy!
Thanks!

xHf0OYM.jpg

Yen

As if we needed any more proof that Joey Barton is an absolute cretin, on twitter he is advocating "breeding licenses", that welfare to be replaced by national service and tells Romanians to go home ("If you don't like it here. You know to do.")

As if we needed any more proof that Joey Barton is an absolute cretin, on twitter he is advocating "breeding licenses", that welfare to be replaced by national service and tells Romanians to go home ("If you don't like it here. You know to do.")

Controversial opinion time:

I kind of agree with the last point, in the specific cases of immigrants who constantly whinge about the country

Marc

Tom Cruise is boss

edit: Jack Black's character in Tropic Thunder is the most pointless character in cinema history

But... but.... he farts. That's funny right?

Tom Cruise and Downey saved that film from itself. With Coogan in his usual hollywood, not funny mode.

NextGeneration ‏@NextGenSeries 7h
Reports from the Netherlands suggest Viktor Fischer could be at #CFC as soon as the end of this month.#ajax

clearly bullshit but we should spend more money!

Edit -

Chelsea have reportedly made a £21m bid (£15m plus £6m rated Bertrand) for Luke Shaw. (Daily Star)

I need to stop checking Chelsea boards.....

Tom Cruise is boss

edit: Jack Black's character in Tropic Thunder is the most pointless character in cinema history

That is the whole point, he is meant to be useless. The actor who is known as a gag man and then tries his hand at real acting but cant really pull it off

Looks just as stupid. This is how it should be like:

francescototti.jpg

I'm going to head Shanks off and stop you right there

91.jpg

The man is a pure God. He sums up the penisula perfectly.

Also, has any other attacking player in history been this effective at 37??? Bayern Gaf went on that ribery runs the show for them and deserved the ballon, but Totti does the same job for Roma and makes Gervinho look like Ronaldo

shortyme

Also, has any other attacking player in history been this effective at 37??? Bayern Gaf went on that ribery runs the show for them and deserved the ballon, but Totti does the same job for Roma and makes Gervinho look like Ronaldo

And just look at that dick. Daaaaaamn

qindarka

Banned
clearly bullshit but we should spend more money!

Edit -

I need to stop checking Chelsea boards.....

The Daily Star is a shit source. Best to ignore stuff like that.

Think we are looking at Shaw and Zouma though we don't really need them right now. Squad should be fine until the summer. A top quality striker would be ideal but that is looking nigh impossible.

Clegg

Remember when Scott Parker won Football Writer's Player of the Year?

To this day I still don't know what they were thinking.

Remember when Scott Parker won Football Writer's Player of the Year?

To this day I still don't know what they were thinking.

Being the only player who looks arsed in a relegation team gets huge bonus XP

It's Harold Shipman, Britain's most prolific serial killer,

Ha, so it is. How have they managed that? Or is it intentional and a misjudged slice of humour? I don't know what the ad campaign is for.

edit: Double post. Wesley, no. pls Wesley. It was an accident. Wesley pls

I'm enjoying the recent Serie A banter btw. Could do with an Inter fan or two getting in on it :p

I'm ignorant as fuck, but I can easily see Seedorf making the team even worse, after 2 or 3 games of new-manager syndrome

edit: YES, Rafa pics! Even when used to disparage him, they're much appreciated :p

Rikkun

That is the whole point, he is meant to be useless. The actor who is known as a gag man and then tries his hand at real acting but cant really pull it off

PLS.

Let real man handle this

EDIT: Fuck lol I linked the wrong url, I meant to link this

In fairness they deserved it.

(And laughed at our decline first!)

Wrote some words on Cortese.

http://anaudaciousattempt.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/don-cortese-we-hardly-knew-thee/

Doesn't make too much sense but i just wrote it in 20mins so go fuck yourself.

I pretty much want to cry.

Is it fair to say that you deserve this somewhat for having the entire structure of your club seemingly dependent on one person, whose leaving could produce a terrible domino effect?

edit: Just read your article-thingy about the structure being much more secure before your ex-owner died. Unfortunate set of circumstances

3Sixty

Is it fair to say that you deserve this somewhat for having the entire structure of your club seemingly dependent on one person, whose leaving could produce a terrible domino effect?

Possibly.

I mean the entire idea was for Cortese to run the club from top to bottom. I'll be honest though. I don't think its going to have quite the effect alot of people think. So long as the coaching staff, Les Reed and others stay.

Clegg

Why will Southampton sell their players?

Who is this Cortese guy?

Why isn't Moyes watching Southampton?
Because there are no Southampton games atm?

I know the press are speculating that a United transfer move must be close as Moyes is scouting all these games, but I think that's wrong. He went to scout a lot of games when he was Everton manager too. This is just part of the process. I'm not saying that we'll end up signing nobody in January, although that very well may be the case. But saying we're close to signing somebody just because Moyes was at the game doesn't seem likely to me.

K1LLER7

1) Cortese had good relationships with players. They believed his ambition. He made clubs bend over in transfers.

2) God

3) Moyes.
I want this Cortese guy. Woodward, do one :p

Because there are no Southampton games atm?

I know the press are speculating that a United transfer move must be close as Moyes is scouting all these games, but I think that's wrong. He went to scout a lot of games when he was Everton manager too. This is just part of the process. I'm not saying that we'll end up signing nobody in January, although that very well may be the case. But saying we're close to signing somebody just because Moyes was at the game doesn't seem likely to me.
I doubt we'll sign anyone this window.

Think everything will happen in the summer for us. Also, reports thats Rooney is 50-50 and might be ruled out of the Chelsea game :(

Shinji-Welbz combo it is then I guess. Unless Chicha plays. He always does well against Chelsea.

Imagine Moyes is the one to stop Mou's record. 'The Chosen One' lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom