• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

LOOOOOOOOL

Newcastle getting scammed

Nope.

As others have mentioned, Cisse has been pure unadulterated wank for a season and a half. Completely clueless. He was only good in his first season cos he just smacked the ball from anywhere on the pitch and 9/10 it went in. He was pure YOLO SHOOT. He's now been figured out as someone who just can't lead or line or even understand how offside works.

Luuk De Jong on the other hand is only 23, has potential, can finish (which Cisse can't even get to grips with) and despite not having a good time with Monchengladbach he was great for Twente.

This swap deal is absolutely worth it for Newcastle. Cisse might get some goals again if he returns to Germany but otherwise Newcastle absolutely is not losing out here. Remy would be the starter anyway still, De Jong - if he's as great at finishing at the very least as y'all say - would be a more than suitable back-up.

Lads, I don't say this often but I look darn fine in my new Gucci specs with Nikon lenses. I linda feel i look like the husband in The Blacklist. Time now to chip away a couple kilos and enjoy some hunting for St Vals day.

Yen

Lads, I don't say this often but I look darn fine in my new Gucci specs with Nikon lenses. I linda feel i look like the husband in The Blacklist. Time now to chip away a couple kilos and enjoy some hunting for St Vals day.

patrick-bateman-rockstar-o.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well Chadli's done a U-turn, according to his agent:

“Nacer has been thinking about a loan but after a good conversation with the club, we have decided to stay. Spurs is still the best choice.

“You can’t compare Nacer’s situation with Kevin de Bruyne’s situation at Chelsea.

“He almost didn’t play in the last six months. Nacer’s always in the squad and gets his minutes. He isn’t afraid to lose his place in the Belgian national squad.”

So it looks like Capoue is certain to leave and Holtby might.

David ‏@davidjaca 3m

#MUFC had two scouts watching Rayo Vallecano again last night, this time against Levante. Dortmund scout also in attendance.

Wonder who we're watching.

Edit: Saul Niguez again it seems.

David ‏@davidjaca 2m

Likely that #MUFC watched Saúl Ñíguez again, meanwhile Dortmund with long standing interest in centre-back Gálvez.

Ushojax

I wonder if Spurs would sell him to us? I like Capoue as a DM, and he'd be great competition for Lucas.

I don't think we would, not when the teams are so close in the table.

Capoue will do very well at Napoli, perfect team for a player like him.

Feorax

I wonder if Spurs would sell him to us? I like Capoue as a DM, and he'd be great competition for Lucas.

I doubt it. I would think any team that would risk strengthening a rival at a time when the league is as open as it is would be suicidal.

I'm hoping we see some movement in the next 7 days from our end. The last time we didn't strengthen from a decent run, we finished 8th.

Showaddy

Well Chadli's done a U-turn, according to his agent:

So it looks like Capoue is certain to leave and Holtby might.

I'm surprised they're letting Sherwood rejig the squad bearing in mind he'll probably be gone come summer. Letting Capoue go with Sandro's injury problems is a bad idea even if Sherwood is obsessed with 4-4-2. Also letting Holtby go in January is stupid.

Ushojax

I'm surprised they're letting Sherwood rejig the squad bearing in mind he'll probably be gone come summer. Letting Capoue go with Sandro's injury problems is a bad idea even if Sherwood is obsessed with 4-4-2. Also letting Holtby go in January is stupid.

I don't see why getting rid of Capoue is such a big deal. If:

1. He has 3 better players above him in the pecking order
2. He thinks he has a chance for France's WC squad
3. He can't work harder than Bentaleb in training

Then he should leave. Sherwood might have a short contract but he is not the 'interim head coach' like Benitez at Chelsea, he is the head coach. Losing a couple of squad players (who are never going to play after our exit from the domestic cups) is not going to affect us. Holtby I am less eager to see leave but the World Cup does funny things to players who think they have a shot at making the national squad.

Mastadon

Banned
Ehhh... I just read this on him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ted-target-saul-niguez-better-than-paul-pogba

Apparently you'd be better off sticking with Cleverly...

Holy fuck that is brutal :lol

When he bottoms out in performance, the only way is up, so invariably he is bound to improve sooner or later.

Is he United quality? He is not even Sunderland quality at this present moment.

If you hate Cleverley, then Saul will bring the worst out of you.

Mosey pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom