• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If West Ham even think about selling Morrison they are stupid.

He's a player who is never going to make it, if they get a few million they should sell him. He hasn't done anything this season except score a goal against Spurs that Vertonghen couldn't be bothered to stop.

We're being linked with Kalou today. Please no.

Mastadon

Banned
He's a player who is never going to make it, if they get a few million they should sell him. He hasn't done anything this season except score a goal against Spurs that Vertonghen couldn't be bothered to stop.

We're being linked with Kalou today. Please no.

No reason to strengthen a relegation rival at this point in the season though.

Ushojax

No reason to strengthen a relegation rival at this point in the season though.

Probably what's stopping the deal from happening. Morrison hardly plays in the league anymore, Sam obviously thinks he's of no use in a relegation scrap anyway.

phaze

was i the only one who preferred the later seasons of FNL? everyone always insists the first is the best but i honestly thought the plotting was just stronger in 4 & 5

Frankly for me, the show never quite recovered after the primary crew graduated. Saracen, Smash, Riggs 4 life.

BeLES5rCQAAqCvW.png

Suck it in Ando.

Carbonox

Supposedly Newcastle United are interested in our goalkeeper, Robbin Ruiter.

Definitely one of the best goalkeepers in the Dutch league atm so it could be a good choice for them.

but y

We wanted Zoet in the Summer as well.

Guess Krul's off in the Summer.

confuziz

Banned
but y

We wanted Zoet in the Summer as well.

Guess Krul's off in the Summer.

No Zoet for you!

edit: oh my Nyx, you can be so hilarious sometimes. Trust whoever you want Carbonax ;)

I'll tell you what. One of them has made 12 apps for the u21 team, the other one hasn't. Who sounds more attractive =D

Nyx

No Zoet for you!

edit: oh my Nyx, you can be so hilarious sometimes. Trust whoever you want Carbonax ;)

I'll tell you what. One of them has made 12 apps for the u21 team, the other one hasn't. Who sounds more attractive =D

Ruiter has been rated higher by every footbal medium in The Netherlands though the past seasons.

confuziz

Banned
Zoet; Arias, Bruma, Rekik, Willems; Park, Maher, Schaars; Narsingh, Ruiz, Depay

In theory this team should shit all over the other eredivisie teams.

Sadly these theories never work out.

Nyx

What do you think about the signing of Grant Holt Wes?

Oh and according to a Dutch footy site, Tim Krul will leave to AC Milan after this season, that's why they are looking for a new goalie.
Unsure on how trustworthy this is though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is he going to get guaranteed starts? Who is your left back at the moment?

Antonio Luna. He has been pressured a lot in his first season and a lot of opponents attacks come down that wing because Gabby is asked to stay forward and rarely tracks back. I imagine Bertrand would immediately start over Luna, possibly against Liverpool too.

What do you think about the signing of Grant Holt Wes?

I imagine he'll come on for a few games with 20 minutes to go, with that respect I'm fine with it. We haven't panicked and blown the bank by oversigning players like West Ham are doing, potentially crewing us next season when Kozak returns. Lambert got the best out of him once before so if he chips in with 1 or 2 goals then that's fine.

Sounds like Athletico are going to have to sell at least one big player this summer. Which means we have to rush in for Koke, because if Chelsea sign Costa first then we're fucked.

'Wilfred Zaha stormed out of a meeting with Manchester United officials on Thursday following a "furious shouting match" after being told the club had changed their minds about allowing him to leave on loan this month, Goal can reveal'

I'd really rather we fucking play him tbh. He's better than Young at the bare minimum.

Antonio Luna. He has been pressured a lot in his first season and a lot of opponents attacks come down that wing because Gabby is asked to stay forward and rarely tracks back. I imagine Bertrand would immediately start over Luna, possibly against Liverpool too.

I will personally blame you if he does not play Wesley! He played in a god damn Champions League final and is now playing for Villa :(

Ushojax

Honestly while he isn't my preferred option, he'd be an adequate third choice and could play on the wing as well. As a Saha-type signing it could be worse. I'd rather have someone like Kalou, who knows the PL, than Quagliarella. I doubt it happens though.

I guess with Bertrand going to Villa it means Naughton is staying with us.

Nyx

I imagine he'll come on for a few games with 20 minutes to go, with that respect I'm fine with it. We haven't panicked and blown the bank by oversigning players like West Ham are doing, potentially crewing us next season when Kozak returns. Lambert got the best out of him once before so if he chips in with 1 or 2 goals then that's fine.

His statistics at Norwich were pretty impressive so I thought it would be a good loan, till I read some Facebook comments from the Villa page and noticed hardly anybody was happy.

'Wilfred Zaha stormed out of a meeting with Manchester United officials on Thursday following a "furious shouting match" after being told the club had changed their minds about allowing him to leave on loan this month, Goal can reveal'

I'd really rather we fucking play him tbh. He's better than Young at the bare minimum.
Apparently he fucks about in training too much.

I can believe it. He's not very good.

justjohn

Seriously, why are they treating this kid like crap? if you're not going to play him, then at least let him go on loan. Cant say I'm surprised at his reaction if its true. you can only keep your cool for so long.

The goal article put it down to an injury?

Yup injuries to Nani and Young. Just wondering if there's more to it than that.

Vivalaraza said:
Apparently he fucks about in training too much.

I can believe it. He's not very good.

So the rumour goes. However, I don't see how a loan move will improve his work rate in training. If he won't train hard under you, why would he train hard under Pardew/Mel/Solskjaer?

Keeping him doesn't make sense to me

1) You aren't using him at all
2) You're paying his wages
3) The lack of gametime will stall his development
4) You have no easy FA Cup/League Cup ties left to give him a chance

The only reason to keep him around is because your other wingers are rubbish, but even so he hasn't been able to get anywhere near the team.

Yup injuries to Nani and Young. Just wondering if there's more to it than that.

So the rumour goes. However, I don't see how a loan move will improve his work rate in training. If he won't train hard under you, why would he train hard under Pardew/Mel/Solskjaer?
Yeah, true.

It could be other things holding a loan move up though, terms of it and what not.

Either way sounds like he's been unprofessional at best from early on in the summer.

Wes

venison crêpe
His statistics at Norwich were pretty impressive so I thought it would be a good loan, till I read some Facebook comments from the Villa page and noticed hardly anybody was happy.

That's Villa fans for you. At the start of this month they wanted KdB on loan.... some of them really don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom