• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Curb is one of my all time favorite shows. However, I just can't stand Seinfeld. Nothing about it sits well with me, at least from what I've seen of it. Though what I watched was from the first season and my friends who love it insist the first season isn't great.

George is basically Larry, so you'll enjoy his antics if nothing else I would say.

pulga

Banned
You have to watch a couple of episodes to start liking it. For years I thought "God, why do they keep broadcasting that old show on TV", the actors looked weird (George, Kramer) and overall a very depressing tune for some reason.

Exactly the reason why I've never watched Seinfeld, whole thing looks depressing :lol

Who is this Fry everyone is on about?

the man with the worst taste in the world

you should make that his tag

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
oh....i just realised why we're going after Morata

it's a non-direct threat for tapping up Pogba

omg I love this

we're cunts too!

YES!

Del Piero "I will not rule out a return to Juventus.". "During my life I have never closed the door to anything or anyone, let alone if those doors are to a possible return to Turin."

Ale don't do this <3

Oh fuck me, I deleted it from the sky planner..

It was nothing really

MASSIVE SPOILER

Just Moriarty saying 'Miss me?'

People who think Seinfeld is the GOAT have never watched I'm Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Father Ted, Only Fools & Horses, Mrs Brown's Boys or The Office

Elchele

We signed Dong-Won Ji

wat

Milch pls I posted it like 10 hours ago.
Free transfer innit, learning from the best

I think Klopp will use him as ST, what do you think?

There is nothing depressing about Seinfeld. As a group they are awful, selfish people who get their's in hilarious ways. GOAT

Of course, the show is the best thing on TV ever. But I was talking as someone who has never watched it (me a few years ago), the first impression was like the show had a depressing tune for some reason (the characters, colors, don't know)

It was nothing really

MASSIVE SPOILER

Just Moriarty saying 'Miss me?'

People who think Seinfeld is the GOAT have never watched I'm Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Father Ted, Only Fools & Horses, Mrs Brown's Boys or The Office

I hope you are trying to be funny, but the joke fell flat like that show. All opinions are now invalidated because of that one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the first impression was like the show had a depressing tune for some reason (the characters, colors, don't know)

1989-90 -_-

You're only now realizing this? Juventus always have been - but not as bad as Milan, of course.

Also, what is this damned last detail that has the Jorginho deal stalled for a bit longer? I want some transfer announcements already!

Of course not.
3AQmK.gif

Even Ricky Gervais thinks Larry David is the GOAT. So Hitcher is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgVr545yNA

Ricky Gervais is not an authority on anything imo

The Office and Extras were brilliant, but even on the podcasts and XFM shows, he barely ever actually says anything witty. The role of funny-voicer and Karl-abuser could have been filled by thousands of people, its only his catch-phrases, timing and laugh that make him irreplacable.

And his atheism spiel is embarassing, even as a third party

@FROM Software, stop releasing screenshots pls

@Shanks, the (many) good episodes are endlessly rewatchable, granted

bud

i actually thought the first few seasons were the best. it ended up getting more and more ridiculous and less funny, and that's when i decided to pull the plug. think i quite after season four.

Ricky Gervais is not an authority on anything imo

The Office and Extras were brilliant, but even on the podcasts and XFM shows, he barely ever actually says anything witty. The role of funny-voicer and Karl-abuser could have been filled by thousands of people, its only his catch-phrases, timing and laugh that make him irreplacable.

And his atheism spiel is embarassing, even as a third party

@FROM Software, stop releasing screenshots pls

@Shanks, the (many) good episodes are endlessly rewatchable, granted

He's not, but I figured that because you held The Office in such high regard you would be easily influenced by Gervais and realize that Larry David's work is superior.

It didn't work though.

Milch pls I posted it like 10 hours ago.
Free transfer innit, learning from the best

I think Klopp will use him as ST, what do you think?

Jupp pls, I was out drinking and came home to this shocking news, I can't care what you posted just 10 minutes ago.

All makes sense now, though, Frankfurt's boss saying "there's no way we can sign Ji" and Augsburg only giving him a contract for the rest of the season.

Well, he's obviously going to be the Schieber replacement, hope we can get Wolfsburg to pay us a ridiculous fee :lol. The good news is, Ji's free and can't really do worse than Schieber in the last 18 months. So, if everything works out, we got a good backup for free and if he sucks ass, at least we didn't block Ducksch's place in the first team squad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQ3vEWSYkM

He's alright. Nothing United should be looking at though.

United are looking at too many players they shouldn't be looking at

this is their Gigi Delneri season, isn't it? :(

Luigi-Del-Neri-007.jpg

On the day of his appointment, Delneri stated,&#8220;I want to build a team with a definite identity, that doesn&#8217;t change depending on which team it is playing,&#8221;

we should have sacked him after this sentence.

GorillaJu

When I go back and watch old Seinfeld the laugh track is a little grating but I get over it quickly. It's just so god damn funny

I started watching Bobs Burgers recently... Great show. Louise is hilarious

When I go back and watch old Seinfeld the laugh track is a little grating but I get over it quickly. It's just so god damn funny

I started watching Bobs Burgers recently... Great show. Louise is hilarious

Louise was my favorite, but then I began to like Tina the most. I love the stupid little twins too.

GorillaJu

Man the hype when Kagawa joined United was big here but it's nothing compared to Honda joining Milan. Not a day has gone by where I don't see a front page with his blonde mug on it. Today's paper:

ATpZPWR.jpg

Edit: Sorry for upside down picture. I edited it first to rotate correctly but when I uploaded, it went back to upside down.

subtles

Man the hype when Kagawa joined United was big here but it's nothing compared to Honda joining Milan. Not a day has gone by where I don't see a front page with his blonde mug on it. Today's paper:

http://i.imgur.com/ATpZPWR.jpg[img]

Edit: Sorry for upside down picture. I edited it first to rotate correctly but when I uploaded, it went back to upside down.[/QUOTE]

My friend (exchange student when I was in Uni) told me that Honda was his favorite player and was revered as a deity in Japan. No player, not even Messi, comes close to touching his symbol in Japan (his words). All this despite the fact he hasn't been very hot at club level for quite some time.

That reminds me, he cut/dyed his hair to look like Honda's for a few months lool.

GorillaJu

My friend (exchange student when I was in Uni) told me that Honda was his favorite player and was revered as a deity in Japan. No player, not even Messi, comes close to touching his symbol in Japan (his words). All this despite the fact he hasn't been very hot at club level for quite some time.

That reminds me, he cut/dyed his hair to look like Honda's for a few months lool.

I think it's because he's big and strong and hard working. He's also been brilliant for the national team.

subtles

I think it's because he's big and strong and hard working. He's also been brilliant for the national team.

During the 2011 AFC cup final there was a window placed at the bottom part of the screen with footage of Honda's every move. I honestly can't remember what channel it was but it struck me as very odd. It went on for the whole game with occasional close ups.

I guess you'll be seeing more and more of him very, very soon.

Stay Strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom