• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda always had that flock of Japanese journalists following him around during his time at CSKA. I wonder what they thought whenever they saw Dzagoev constantly outclassing him?

GorillaJu

Morsel, don't you dislike Honda too? :lol

No not at all, I just think he's kind of a diva. Acts like he's a level above the rest of the team.

Juve would beat Arsenal IMO. They've got three defenders to cover the runs of Wilshere and Ramsey, and Giroud is more or less useless. Arteta would just get bypassed by passes out the back and wouldn't be able to cover the extra men as Vidal, Llorente and Tevez break behind the defensive line.

FuturusX

Man the hype when Kagawa joined United was big here but it's nothing compared to Honda joining Milan. Not a day has gone by where I don't see a front page with his blonde mug on it. Today's paper:

ATpZPWR.jpg

Edit: Sorry for upside down picture. I edited it first to rotate correctly but when I uploaded, it went back to upside down.

Learn to use a computer dude....

I'm just jelly that you live in Japan :/

wedward

It was nothing really

MASSIVE SPOILER

Just Moriarty saying 'Miss me?'

People who think Seinfeld is the GOAT have never watched I'm Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Father Ted, Only Fools & Horses, Mrs Brown's Boys or The Office

Lol at the office being anywhere near the level of Seinfeld.

Yes. I'm talking about the British one.

wedward

No not at all, I just think he's kind of a diva. Acts like he's a level above the rest of the team.

Juve would beat Arsenal IMO. They've got three defenders to cover the runs of Wilshere and Ramsey, and Giroud is more or less useless. Arteta would just get bypassed by passes out the back and wouldn't be able to cover the extra men as Vidal, Llorente and Tevez break behind the defensive line.

On what earth is Giroud useless?

He isn't Suarez, but to say he is useless is taking it to the extreme.

Arsenal vs Juventus. Who would win? Both teams playing their best 11.

Arsenal would just about win at the Emirates. Juve would thrash us at the Juve Stadium.

Although this is based on a fresh and healthy Pirlo playing. With current Pirlo I see Arsenal winning. Our midfield is too energetic and Pirlo would be rushed and not able to dictate the tempo.

Neutral one match venue. Juve

Juventus, the type of opponents Giroud cant show up for

This is so true.

GQman2121

Banned
Amazing show. The finale is so fucking satisfying too.. you have a lot to look forward to still.

Yep. Wes warned me that season 2 had a drop in quality (writers strike year apparently) which it did. But season 3 has been excellent. Connie Britton can do no wrong on tv.

sohois

was i the only one who preferred the later seasons of FNL? everyone always insists the first is the best but i honestly thought the plotting was just stronger in 4 & 5

Meier

Yep. Wes warned me that season 2 had a drop in quality (writers strike year apparently) which it did. But season 3 has been excellent. Connie Britton can do no wrong on tv.

Yeah, that one story line in the first half of season 2 or so is really groan-worthy, but in the latter half it's back to its typical quality and then just absolutely great again from then on. Top 5 show for me, no doubt.

Guys. should I watch Friday Night Lights or Orange is the New Black.

Also funniest TV series EVER:

Cheers
BlackAdder
The League
Friends
Seinfield
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Archer
Coupling

Coupling's bolded because my love for it knows no bounds. Do you guys love Sherlock? Matt Smith's Doctor Who? Watch Coupling. Written by the same creator; Stephen Moffat

FootballFan

Dani Alves.

Ok, so Silva, Alba, Alves. 3 defenders in the whole world that are world class. That is just ridiculous. edit 2 of them might as well be wingers.

No wonder Messi, Ronaldo, Costa, Rooney, Suarez, RVP, Negredo, Ibra, Chris Wood, Falcao, Rossi, Aguero and like 40 other players get 60+ goals a season.

The only strikers that can't score are the Chelsea ones, Kerzhakov and Soldado.

Ok, so Silva, Alba, Alves. 3 defenders in the whole world that are world class. That is just ridiculous. edit 2 of them might as well be wingers.

No wonder Messi, Ronaldo, Costa, Rooney, Suarez, RVP, Negredo, Ibra, Chris Wood, Falcao, Rossi, Aguero and like 40 other players get 60+ goals a season.

The only strikers that can't score are the Chelsea ones, Kerzhakov and Soldado.

FootballFan pls. Kerzhakov is just saving himself for the World Cup. It will be a tough battle between him and Kokorin for the Golden Boot.

Guys. should I watch Friday Night Lights or Orange is the New Black.

Also funniest TV series EVER:

Cheers
BlackAdder
The League
Friends
Seinfield
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Archer
Coupling

Coupling's bolded because my love for it knows no bounds. Do you guys love Sherlock? Matt Smith's Doctor Who? Watch Coupling. Written by the same creator; Stephen Moffat

Such a great show. The adult friends.

Jeff was a great character.

lol. Sideshow Bob world class? Good one.

Luiz is a world class defender when he puts his mind to it but he struggles concentrating for 90 minutes 38 games a season. I think if he joined the likes of Barcelona or Bayern Munich in a league where he only has to concentrate on defending for 90 minutes something like 4 games a season he will be magnificent and a shoe in for FIFA's team of the year most seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom