• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

It's strange, though. When you look at strikers recently going from Germany to England, you'd think it's quite a lot easier to score goals in the PL, see Ba, Cisse and Dzeko, all had a very good start.

That's just really how it is. You have Negredo scoring for fun, but then you have Soldado praying to get a penalty so he can score.

Both scored almost exactly the same amount of goals last season in La Liga. Negredo only had him beat by 1, and that took 4 goals vs Valencia in the last game of the season to make it happen.

Batigol

Banned
JOwXpEJ.jpg

M4vFe23.jpg

I liked Napoli more when they had Lavezzi and Cavani. It's not the same at PSG :(

Who might be? Will Dortmund splunge 40-50M€ they'll get from winning CL on a new striker, or do you think they'll go for the promising youngster?
I don't know who. But signing Ji is actually a good sign that we'll spend "big". Ji is a cheap, young player and with Ducksch, it would make no sense to sign another young talent. Well, meaning a player that needs another year or two to be a regular starter for a CL team.

So, I guess/hope we're really looking for someone in the Benteke/Dzeko/Costa tier.

I liked Napoli more when they had Lavezzi and Cavani. It's not the same at PSG :(

They were more into the counterattack and less in control, but their matches were really entertaining.
Il tridente of Hamsik, Cavani, and Lavezzi was the finest offense this team has ever had with the exception of Ma-Gi-Ca in the 80s. I like the new guys, and Callejon in particular has continually surprised me, but it's just not the same.

Then we're probably out, because he isn't worth that much.

CM and fullback are much more important in this window anyway.

I'm a bit mystified as to Liverpool's (and their fans') approach to Salah. He's an exciting 21 year old winger and has raped the likes of Chelsea in the CL. Not to mention he's probably Basle's most prized asset currently.

And you're only willing to pay £9 million tops.

Elchele

He is weak as piss but that is a foul each and every day of the week :p

don't know, I wouldn't have said a thing if the ref called a foul there but it wasn't THAT clear. Muller was running and the he stopped, Alba went directly to his body. Players aren't required to move aside to let the rival players go ahead in those kinds of situations

Meier

I'm a bit mystified as to Liverpool's (and their fans') approach to Salah. He's an exciting 21 year old winger and has raped the likes of Chelsea in the CL. Not to mention he's probably Basle's most prized asset currently.

Totally absurd. Their potential valuation of players has been skewed by the fact they got both Coutinho and Sturridge for relatively cheap since they hadn't lived up to expectations. If you actually buy a player who is on top of his game, then you have to pay.

Feorax

I agree he's worth more than £9 million, bit it sounds like the biggest problem is that Basel keep moving the goalposts on this.

From what I can make out, we seemed to think we had a deal done at about £9 million, but then shortly before the window opened, that £9 million became £12 million, and in the last week or so, £12 million has become £16 million.

Maybe the club think Salah will push to get out? I don't know, but I definitely think we need defensive players, rather than attackers. You can criticise a lot about Liverpool, but we're far from blunt.

I agree he's worth more than £9 million, bit it sounds like the biggest problem is that Basel keep moving the goalposts on this.

From what I can make out, we seemed to think we had a deal done at about £9 million, but then shortly before the window opened, that £9 million became £12 million, and in the last week or so, £12 million has become £16 million.

Maybe the club think Salah will push to get out? I don't know, but I definitely think we need defensive players, rather than attackers. You can criticise a lot about Liverpool, but we're far from blunt.

Well I agree that a winger isn't your priority right now. Which is really weird to say because wingers have been your weak point for the better part of a decade.

don't know, I wouldn't have said a thing if the ref called a foul there but it wasn't THAT clear. Muller was running and the he stopped, Alba went directly to his body. Players aren't required to move aside to let the rival players go ahead in those kinds of situations
Mx47ZWE.gif

Meier

Sevilla's sporting director denied any agreement with Madrid for Moreno. Said he'll stay until the summer at a minimum.. we'll see if that holds up or not. His release clause is €30m.

Also, Atletico's technical director says Costa isn't moving and could stay for at least another year.

arkon

I'm a referee and that is a clear cut penalty to Barcelona. As clear as you're going to get.

I just realised how many top strikers atletico have had over the past few years. Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Costa. They always seem to be able to replace them with more top quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom