• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
adnan u, have proved, 2 me, a real human b nd a real hero lol does any1 no tht song?

we will get so killed vs chelsea that if we were a cat we would get killed 9 times (lmao) (cats have 9 lives)

pulga

Banned
Everyone's so busy with United shitting their pants, no one noticed today is Arbeloa's birthday!

BeMvPCNIAAAcXYO.jpg

Happy 31st! Now retire you cunt

Batigol

Banned
Arbeloa is terrible.

He should've retired last year at the confed cup after Neymar embarrassed him to the point he had to be subbed off. How he still plays for Spain I have no idea. Complete liability

Meier

Who should I captain? Suarez or Aguero? I'm hoping if I stick with Suarez, Aguero goes off and scores a bunch to make me regret it. I think he may not start tomorrow.. could be that Manuel will stick with what is working while Kun builds back up to full game fitness.

Yen

BBC news report on the new England women's coach. On his whiteboard outlining his principles were:
1) run run run
2) stick together
3) passion

Royfacerub.gif

John Percy ‏@John__Percy 3m
Exclusive: #efc set to hijack #whufc bid to sign Lacina Traore on loan. Full story to follow on @TelegraphSport

Meier

Exclusive: #efc set to hijack #whufc bid to sign Lacina Traore on loan. Full story to follow on @TelegraphSport
Oh shit! That's harsh. Surely that's going overboard on loans for Everton but if it gets them into the Champions League, they won't care.

TeddyBoy

Would make sense, they lost Jelavic and now they need to replace him. However in the summer they will need to replace both Traore and Lukaku this way, which will be interesting, quite big shoes to fill.

Actually, I just realised, I was under the impression you could only have 2 players on loan (Barry and Lukaku) and a further one player on a loan to buy deal (I think they get this as Deulofeu is on a first refusal for his next loan).

Of course Barry's contract ends in the summer, so he and City could agree to terminate his contract early to allow Everton to get Traore.

Nyx

Hmm, Stoke City is about to buy USA international Juan Agudelo, and supposedly he will be loaned out to Utrecht for the rest of this season.

Never heard of him lol

Meier

Hmm, Stoke City is about to buy USA international Juan Agudelo, and supposedly he will be loaned out to Utrecht for the rest of this season.

Never heard of him lol
He's good but not great. Hasn't played for the USMNT in awhile but he is still young. There was a lot of speculation on where he'd be loaned out to.

Linius

Was looking trough some film lists for stuff I want to see before the voting thread closes, apparently Whedon made a low budget retelling of Shakespears classic love story in black and white starring Amy Acker. That's something else than a millions of dollars costing blockbuster like The Avengers :p

Jarnet87

Rooney and RVP ruled out, basically guarantees it's Kagawa behind Welbeck. Despite Hernandez's success against Chelsea I can't see him starting 2 strikers at Stamford Bridge.

Fergie

Banned
Been playing KZ a bit and I've noticed it has a terrible save system, literally replayed the bit where you first gain ammo 6 times. So it saves on each chapter? I'm probably gonna shelf SP for now and just play bits of MP. Disgraceful.

Been playing KZ a bit and I've noticed it has a terrible save system, literally replayed the bit where you first gain ammo 6 times. So it saves on each chapter? I'm probably gonna shelf SP for now and just play bits of MP. Disgraceful.

warning about the MP: the skill level is kinda low. even if you're remotely competent at FPS you'll become a god.

there are checkpoints in SP, you must be dying as soon as you enter the forest. i think it saves again once you find your fellow soldiers in a tunnel. it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get there.

Fergie

Banned
warning about the MP: the skill level is kinda low. even if you're remotely competent at FPS you'll become a god.

there are checkpoints in SP, you must be dying as soon as you enter the forest. i think it saves again once you find your fellow soldiers in a tunnel. it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get there.
I've actually placed the C4 on the turrets, then quit to do something else, come back next day, start from the beginning. Googled it and it seems to be a problem.
I heard its on patch schedule so I'm going to wait till it's patched.

MP is pretty enjoyable.

Ashes

Banned
Janugod false 9. We have to believe

I don't understand how Moyes opted to choose him over kagawa in the number 10 position last week. Sheer dumb luck that Rangel got a yellow which forced Moyes to think about Januzaj having a crack at the right back.

United are in the funny position where we play better away than at home. Most likely team to play Chelsea on Sunday in my view is this:

-------------de Gea--------------------

Rafael--Smalling---Vidic--Büttner

---------Carrick -Fletcher----------

Valencia--------------------- Januzaj

----------------Kagawa-----------------

---------------Welbeck-----------------

injury list

P Evra Knee Injury no return date
J Evans Back Injury 19th Jan 14
R Ferdinand Knee Injury 19th Jan 14
W Rooney Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
A Young Shoulder Injury no return date
P Jones Knee Injury no return date
M Fellaini Thumb/Wrist Injury no return date
Nani Hamstring Injury no return date
R Van Persie Hip/Thigh Injury no return date

;/

edit: Bench:

Giggs
Lindegaard
Hernández
Cleverley
Zaha
Lingard

I don't understand how Moyes opted to choose him over kagawa in the number 10 position last week. Sheer dumb luck that Rangel got a yellow which forced Moyes to think about Januzaj having a crack at the right back.

United are in the funny position where we play better away than at home. Most likely team to play Chelsea on Sunday in my view is this:

-------------de Gea--------------------

Rafael--Smalling---Vidic--Büttner

---------Carrick -Fletcher----------

Valencia--------------------- Januzaj

----------------Kagawa-----------------

---------------Welbeck-----------------

injury list

P Evra Knee Injury no return date
J Evans Back Injury 19th Jan 14
R Ferdinand Knee Injury 19th Jan 14
W Rooney Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
A Young Shoulder Injury no return date
P Jones Knee Injury no return date
M Fellaini Thumb/Wrist Injury no return date
Nani Hamstring Injury no return date
R Van Persie Hip/Thigh Injury no return date

;/

edit: Bench:

Giggs
Lindegaard
Hernández
Cleverley
Zaha
Lingard

He played him there because he played great centrally against Sunderland in the league cup and he was great against Norwich in that same position. Plus that's his natural position. It just didn't make sense at the time because Kagawa was playing with him. Januzaj is obviously better than Kagawa out wide, and Kagawa is at his best centrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom