• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@MilanGAF

Antonio Conte “First of all, I want to take this opportunity to salute Allegri, who in these two-and-a-half years has proven to be a great opponent for Juventus,” Conte responded to reporters today.

“I am sorry when a nemesis, in quotes, but one that has always been highly respected as an opponent, in the end has to lay down their arms.

“I’m sorry because Max Allegri is a Coach that I respect and that in two-and-a-half years has been an opponent on the field and also in terms of communication, through the media, which is always a part of the game.

“For me there is a great deal of respect, let’s not forget that he won the Scudetto with Milan and has always qualified for the Champions League. I say goodbye with affection and hope to see him again soon.

milan_scudetto_milan_grazie_allegri_ansa_1.jpg

FootballFan

Has everyone submitted their votes for GAF GOTY?

Thinking about this has really underlined how few games I actually play. I could only come-up with 16 games I spent much time with last year. Pretty easy to cut it down to a top 10.

Yeah quite a while ago

1. The Last of Us ; Game of the Gen, easily.
2. Persona 4 Golden ; What a game, awesome characters, story, graphics etc.
3. Tearaway ; Adorable and made use of all the features of the Vita.
4. Pokemon X ; Gotta catch em all, never gets old innit.
5. FIFA 14 ; Yeah, that's right rvy, FIFA 14. You broke my heart PES.
6. Mario 3D World ; Awesome co-op shit.
7. Knack ; What an underrated game. Divisive.
8. Gran Turismo 6 ; The best driving simulator on any console available.
9. Spelunky ; Crack, in video game format.
10. Professor Layton: Azran Legacy ; Same old formula, same old fun.

Note: I have yet to complete Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD.

Fergie

Banned
ibQyc9K.jpg

;.;

its just a loan Ando. Creates a small dilemma if he plays really good there, and maybe if he plays shit he just comes back. Ando pls.

Edit:
Beaten like the burger Ando will demolish tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats UnitedGAF :p

Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade “Matri will be with us on a basic loan, but that was the only way to complete this operation in a short time.

“But, I want to emphasise that no-one is just passing through here.

“With the capture of Matri and [soon to be completed loan capture of] Anderson [from Manchester United], we have broken our original €5m salary cap and for that we are grateful to the Della Valle family.”

Fergie

Banned
All is know is that TLoU is not my GOTY.

No! They're actually planning to keep him and Matri.
Fiorentina will come to their senses with Matri.

For Ando matters on his performances, if he's mostly on the bench with shit displays he'll most likely come back. If he plays great, it's possible Moyes may want him back, at the same time doesn't look like he rates him at all.

Doesn't sound like he's coming back, lol
It really does.

Edit:

Ok, reading that Yurt update, ciao Ando.

Funny how I said that I'd be following Everton during this winter break and they went out and got two Russian league players...just for me. Thank you, Bobby Martinez.

Salvadora

Klopp:
"Real Madrid would have no chance of competing with Bayern," he is quoted as saying by A Bola. "Bayern are currently unstoppable.

"If the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United have no chance against them, how can Dortmund beat them?"
Not really the best examples
KuGsj.gif

Meier

Got a chuckle out of the Wicked Whisper in the new DM transfer blog. Surely about Anderson... I know Moyes has a daughter since Zaha slept with her, right?

Which soon-to-be-former Premier League player, who struggles with his weight, was caught out when his manager's daughter bumped into him as he struggled with the door at his local KFC?

He was armed with a 'Wicked Zinger' and 'Boneless Banquet' just two days after being told that his body fat needed to come down.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"has always qualified for the Champions League."

Fuck off Cunte :lol

and on Seedorf

"Knowing Clarence as an opponent, both as a player and a Coach, I think that he may have everything to become a great Coach.

“I also have to say that it does not matter where you start, it matters where you get to. I said on my presentation day at Juventus, when they asked me if I was happy to be fifth or sixth choice, I said, it doesn’t matter where you start, but where you end up.

“The Coach should be like a good tailor, try to dress their team in the most beautiful dress, the dress that suits them.

“Maybe sometimes it may not be the most beautiful dress, but it may be what best suits, which in the end brings more guarantees from all points of view.

“Again, I am the Coach, I try to train the players that the club makes available to me.”

RESPECT FOR CUNTE

subtles

I hate benedict cumberbatch's smug face. I want to punch him in it.

wasn't the poor lad made to read some terrible, dirty (or so I hear) fanfiction on stage a few weeks ago? His face must have been a hell of a lot more bearable for you then.

wedward

Mourinho is quoted in The Guardian as saying he thinks United will sell Rooney to a non-English club this summer.

Honestly where would he go? I know Man U fans say they just want to ship him off to some team in Turkey, but what are his options?

Bayern, Dortmund, German team #3-#18? Don't think so
Madrid, Barca or Spanish team #3-#18? Madrid maybe, otherwise no.
PSG? If Ibra leaves, maybe.

Salvadora

Honestly where would he go? I know Man U fans say they just want to ship him off to some team in Turkey, but what are his options?

Manchester City are technically a colony of the United Arab Emirates

Kikarian

I think a Spanish team is most likely.

Messi

wasn't the poor lad made to read some terrible, dirty (or so I hear) fanfiction on stage a few weeks ago? His face must have been a hell of a lot more bearable for you then.

I don't seek out things he is in or interviews. So I didn't see that. Sherlock fans are a weird bunch. Can I assume it was Sherlock and Watson relationship fiction?

Ibra is joining BVB, PSG will go for Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom