• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giroud has scored 7 goals with his left foot, he's yet to score with his right.

WHAT? He's left footed?

Lightning

Banned
There is though. Especially against teams like Fulham, who, when they're not on their game, can be brushed aside without breaking a sweat.

There are no games that you can assume will be easy, but there are easy games.
Games can turn out easy but they are not easy before the game starts. If Fulham bring their A game this match will be difficult. We better win though.

i think Ramirez might have the same injury as Ramsey and Anderson Silva

both bones broken

Really hope not, I think he's been doing a little better lately after a pretty bad start to his PL career, so that would be a shame.

He didn't seem to be in the kind of agony you sometimes see players in after they suffer a really serious injury so I'm cautiously optimistic for him. Don't think he needed a brace or oxygen. Guess we'll have to wait til next week to find out.

GHG

I would have to see a replay but I think there were 2 other players pretty close to it.

You can end someone's career by not even fouling them. The injury has nothing to do with whether it's a foul, or a yellow or red - so that's the first thing.

I don't think it was out of control. I don't think it was high. I don't think it was a lunge with both feet off the ground.

People get hurt in football. The idea you shouldn't be able to tackle unless you're 100% sure you won't hurt them is complete nonsense.

It should have been a foul and a yellow card. That's it.

Anything above where the ankle is is a high tackle. If you watch the tackle again you'll see that at the point of impact both his legs are off the ground, he is elevated. The moment you become elevated, you are out of control, you can't slow yourself down as the only thing that determines where you go is the trajectory at which you launch yourself into the tackle. The only way he can do that is by going into the tackle by jumping, hence it's a lunge. It's an unsafe tackle, end of. Hence he was stretched off, probably with something broken.

In the academy's up and down the country kids are being taught how to tackle safely. You are meant to slide into the challenge with one leg going along the ground and with your studs either facing downwards or away from the player (if it's a hook slide tackle). Wes Browns method of tackling will definitely not be shown to them as the way to do it.

I agree with you where you say people get hurt in football, it's a contact sport, but incidences like this can be minimised if there is a 0 tolerance stance on poor challenges.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

vHm_zps579a81b7.gif

Gambit

@Bayern-Gaf:

Bayern are playing Red Bull Salzburg atm, the Red Bull channel "Servus TV" is showing it.

I've actually just come home from Salzburg (uni) and the traffic was madness because of the game.

spidye

@Bayern-Gaf:

Bayern are playing Red Bull Salzburg atm, the Red Bull channel "Servus TV" is showing it.

I've actually just come home from Salzburg (uni) and the traffic was madness because of the game.

Martinez as RB and Boateng as LB
u wot m8?

panty

OOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom