• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MB-

BeRNa_JIAAA9MVa.jpg:large

Fergie

Banned
https://pbs.twimg.com/med/BeRNa_JIAAA9MVa.jpg:large[/IMG[/QUOTE
That is horrible.

[quote="LabouredSubterfuge, post: 97562372"][URL="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/18/manchester-united-wilfried-zaha-loan-david-moyes?CMP=twt_gu"]Manchester United will allow Wilfried Zaha to go out on loan, says Moyes[/URL]

Disappointing imo. Can't believe he's choosing Young over Zaha. Travesty.[/QUOTE]
Zaha is having a great start.

I think the BT commentators are being a bit harsh on Sunderland - the way they're talking, you'd think Sunderland keep forgetting what way they're facing and they're only drawing through sheer chance. It has been a lot more balanced than they're making out.

GHG

Is it me, or do Sunderland commit more horrific tackles than any other team In the PL?

We'll Wes Brown has already been sent off quite a few time this season has he not?

That should have been a foul and a red card.

Diaby broke his leg and ankle up there in a similar tackle back in 2006. Been injury prone ever since :(

hornetpie

Neo Member
pretty sure thats a broken leg not ankle

but what the eff happened to Lovren? He needed oxygen? i mean all he did was kick towards the player off the ground, mental

We'll Wes Brown has already been sent off quite a few time this season has he not?

That should have been a foul and a red card.

Diaby broke his leg and ankle up there in a similar tackle back in 2006. Been injury prone ever since :(

No chance it was a red card.

It looks bad on that still but it wasn't that bad a foul at all. Would have been an awful awful decision to send him off, just like it was the last red card he got.

On paper this should be an easy win and possibly our first thrashing of the season. However, with us I can see us making it a lot harder than we should.

GHG

No chance it was a red card.

It looks bad on that still but it wasn't that bad a foul at all. Would have been an awful awful decision to send him off, just like it was the last red card he got.

So potentially ending someone's career is now not a red card? The challenge was out of control, studs up and high. He lunged in, both feet off the ground.

Yes he tried to get the ball, but that doesn't stop the tackle being dangerous and poorly executed.

This kind of shit needs to be stamped out of football. If there is no way of making the challenge in a safe manor, don't make the challenge at all. Simple as.

Salvadora

On paper this should be an easy win and possibly our first thrashing of the season. However, with us I can see us making it a lot harder than we should.
I don't think this team is capable of thrashing anyone.

We'll score 2 goals at best, defend until the end, possibly with 4 FBs on the pitch.

Kikarian

I heard Zaha was quite a big head in training and doesn't take it serious.

Could be the reason Moyes doesn't play him/doesn't like him.

GHG

I don't think this team is capable of thrashing anyone.

We'll score 2 goals at best, defend until the end, possibly with 4 FBs on the pitch.

Yep. Wenger has started to become anti-football after we score a goal. It's working though...

He was the last man, if it was given as a foul it would have been a red
I would have to see a replay but I think there were 2 other players pretty close to it.

So potentially ending someone's career is now not a red card? The challenge was out of control, studs up and high. He lunged in, both feet off the ground.

Yes he tried to get the ball, but that doesn't stop the tackle being dangerous and poorly executed.

This kind of shit needs to be stamped out of football. If there is no way of making the challenge in a safe manor, don't make the challenge at all. Simple as.
You can end someone's career by not even fouling them. The injury has nothing to do with whether it's a foul, or a yellow or red - so that's the first thing.

I don't think it was out of control. I don't think it was high. I don't think it was a lunge with both feet off the ground.

People get hurt in football. The idea you shouldn't be able to tackle unless you're 100% sure you won't hurt them is complete nonsense.

It should have been a foul and a yellow card. That's it.

Imagine getting your chance at a club like Man Utd, coming from The Championship, and then being a tit in training.

The only advantage to having a small squad is that you tend not to get wasters pissing you off with their existence :p

I heard Zaha was quite a big head in training and doesn't take it serious.

Could be the reason Moyes doesn't play him/doesn't like him.

Apparently he's been like that since he got the move in January. Some Palace players were not impressed.

Just seems like a dickhead. £15m. FFS.

You can end someone's career by not even fouling them. The injury has nothing to do with whether it's a foul, or a yellow or red - so that's the first thing.

People get hurt in football. The idea you shouldn't be able to tackle unless you're 100% sure you won't hurt them is complete nonsense.

Yup yup yup.

Lightning

Banned
You guys need need to realise there's no such thing as easy wins. Last season we drew this fixture and Fulham have some talented players.

City are gonna absolutely batter Cardiff. Can easily see both Negredo and Aguero scoring hattricks
Cardiff will defend with their entire team just you wait. City should win but wouldn't surprise me if Cardiff were hard to break down.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You have to believe that if Zaha was doing good in training he would get more starts, his absence from even the subs bench tells us that behind the scenes he is either not trying, disruptive or not good enough. The few times he has come on he has run into players and produced very little, though in pre season he showed some real potential. A loan is the best thing for him if he isnt even going to get on the bench.

I would have to see a replay but I think there were 2 other players pretty close to it.

I don't think it was out of control. I don't think it was high. I don't think it was a lunge with both feet off the ground.

I agree, Wes Brown didn't really seem out of control and had no intention to cause harm. He did win the ball and the injury was just an unfortunate consequence.

You guys need need to realise there's no such thing as easy wins. Last season we drew this fixture and Fulham have some talented players.

There is though. Especially against teams like Fulham, who, when they're not on their game, can be brushed aside without breaking a sweat.

There are no games that you can assume will be easy, but there are easy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom