• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Because as FF said, it's something completely different.

What Real and "that other team" do to La Liga is way worse than what Bayern does to the Bundesliga.

Zenit having Gazprom support does not sabotage others in our league.

It just gives them considerably unfair financial muscle over all the other teams

the tv deal

and sorry no, id rather la ligas duopoly than the bundesliga monopoly bayern has created through their cowardly picking apart the most threatening teams

pulga

Banned
Jeez... thanks.

It's always like this. I'm getting schooled by a Juve and Real supporter by the way.

ha! you make it sound like liverpool is some minnow from the portuguese league. 18 league titles and 5 cls. stop kidding yourself into thinking you support "the little guy"

pulga

Banned
So what was the United news?

SIR FROGGIE IS COMING BACK

siralex072way_custom-cf6defc59d4acbaa8a871d14cf8c1b5e33c9296c-s6-c30.jpg

Fry

ha! you make it sound like liverpool is some minnow from the portuguese league. 18 league titles and 5 cls. stop kidding yourself into thinking you support "the little guy"

But ever since I started they've only won a Carling Cup and haven't played once in the CL.

And who cares about history these days? I don't. I used to joke about the 5 CL titles with the mancs but that got old now.

FootballFan

Because as FF said, it's something completely different.

What Real and "that other team" do to La Liga is way worse than what Bayern does to the Bundesliga.

Zenit having Gazprom support does not sabotage others in our league.

Exactly. Oil money made man city richer but it didn't make the others poorer for example.

Zenit having gazprom support is nothing compared to real Madrid's dirty stealing of the other clubs in the league.

Yen

"Personally, I always liked Graham Poll. I remember him telling me as we were coming out at the Stadium of Light once that he always enjoyed refereeing Sunderland’s home games because it was the one ground where a player, namely me, was more unpopular with the home fans than he was."

Well, it is true Mr. Kilbane.
Why? All I remember of Kilbane's career is when his shorts fell down when he tried to chest down a pass.

rodvik

You know, all these years I have thought Liverpool was being oversensitive to how they thought the media were out to get them. I was wrong. Once they have a target they really get their knives out dont they?

Feeling they are rather out to get Aston Villa right now.

You know, all these years I have thought Liverpool was being oversensitive to how they thought the media were out to get them. I was wrong. Once they have a target they really get their knives out dont they?

What are they saying about you?

pulga

Banned
Exactly. Oil money made man city richer but it didn't make the others poorer for example.

Zenit having gazprom support is nothing compared to real Madrid's dirty stealing of the other clubs in the league.

sigh

you forgot to take your meds again

your memory is acting up

:( :( :(

#prayforFF

But ever since I started they've only won a Carling Cup and haven't played once in the CL.

well thats because youve been supporting them for the grand total of what..two seasons? lol

Lightning

Banned

You turned the entire media on us after that Emirates game? Is it fun? Prepare for revenge in a weeks time.

It just gives them considerably unfair financial muscle over all the other teams

the tv deal

and sorry no, id rather la ligas duopoly than the bundesliga monopoly bayern has created through their cowardly picking apart the most threatening teams
Basically every single team in Russia relies on government money, it has always been that way historically. These clubs aren't businesses, they don't make money, they're basically public goods. None of the other clubs can complain about Zenit. It's a fair playing ground.

Hixx

Why? All I remember of Kilbane's career is when his shorts fell like down when he tried to chest down a pass.

He was awful for us. Also he was a dick to the fans a couple of times and that is a line a footballer should never cross. Especially if you're not well liked before any silly incidents like giving travelling fans the v's...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
please, you change teams more often than i switch channels when homeland is on
#PulgaModSulCampo
So what was the United news?
We're loaning them Vidal. He's a waste in Europa League.

Wes is a mod

SAY SOMETHING

FootballFan

sigh

you forgot to take your meds again

your memory is acting up

:( :( :(

#prayforFF

I'm not in here supporting the TV deal like you...so saying "durr barca does it too" doesn't mean shit.

You're the one that is happy with Madrid stealing money from other teams.

Linius

no.

homeland is shit

pls im just fucking about <3

Homeland S3:
edit: oh fuck i was banned when it happened, so glad homeland showed some balls and finally killed of brody!

That was a rough scene man.

HOMELAND SPOILERS YO

Best moment though was Quinn shooting Carrie, finally they took action against her behaviour!

pulga

Banned
I'm not in here supporting the TV deal like you...so saying "durr barca does it too" doesn't mean shit.

You're the one that is happy with Madrid stealing money from other teams.

Kumnm6b.gif

Please point out to me where I demonstrated support or happiness over this.

Go to sleep.

edit: You should be happy though, Barca seem like they need it.

FCB-Intel.jpg

Pathetic :$

FootballFan

That was a rough scene man.

HOMELAND SPOILERS YO

Best moment though was Quinn shooting Carrie, finally they took action against her behaviour!

I finished it just recently. Where are they going with season 4?! I wonder what they'll do.

Pulga keep pretending.

pulga

Banned
I guess Carrie will be neighbours with Facism soon?

25 year time skip. Carrie is now exhibiting dementia and is permanently stuck in a psych ward. Doesn't matter though, she's now RUNNING THE CIA. No matter how borderline treacherous she acts, there is no way she ever loses her job. Fourth season kicks off as she's running the show for BRODY JRs FIRST UNDERCOVER OP!

Linius

25 year time skip. Carrie is now exhibiting dementia and is permanently stuck in a psych ward. Doesn't matter though, she's now RUNNING THE CIA. No matter how borderline treacherous she acts, there is no way she ever loses her job. Fourth season kicks off as she's running the show for BRODY JRs FIRST UNDERCOVER OP!

Yes, the second bit in caps would be the best twist ever.

Chris, could leave the room please? We're trying to set up something here.

Fry

About Homeland:

The ending was pretty awesome. Much much better than S2.

------

Finished House of Cards, The Americans and Hannibal. House of Cards is top-tier, Hannibal is great and TA is so-so. I only watch it because of the main characters. The writing is a bit weak. The show annoys me because of it's constant coincidences. It's pretty lazy how everything seems so convenient.

FootballFan

Homeland season 4 spoiler

Carrie is now a terrorist looking to avenge brody. She swears on his immortal soul that she will get the people responsible. She gets caught and hung in the end, brody's son will avenge her in season 5 though

Knowing homeland I wouldn't be surprised.

Linius

About Homeland:

The ending was pretty awesome. Much much better than S2.

The ending was the main problem of the third season. I liked almost everything leading up to it though.

It should have ended right after the hanging. Now they added a useless twenty minutes of drama and left nothing for us to think about.

Salvadora

Yup PSG is his best option. He'll get game time and his beautiful crosses to Ibra and Cavani will be like a modern Picasso.
I genuinely forgot that Cavani and Falcao were still playing Football.

So not the black hole that is French Football.

please understand

rvy

Banned
I will now attempt to rap like Lil' Wayne before playing DmC.

Farted in my wallet
Call that shit gas money

OK. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom