• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

shit now there's a two headed baby cow

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Looks like a Silent Hill boss

Clegg

Moyes: "I think business will be in done in the Summer rather than January"

Thats part of what will be in tomorrows papers. Haven't seen what els is there yet.

Elchele

Moyes: "Business will be in the Summer rather than January"

Thats part of what will be in tomorrows papers. Haven't seen what els is there yet.

Did Moyes promote any youngster while he was coaching Everton? I think it would make a lot of sense to give a few kids a chance in order to hold until the summer transfer window.

noal

Banned
Moyes: "Business will be in the Summer rather than January"

Clegg mate, we may as well right off this season. Moyes will not be rushed. Slug slow.

Clegg

Did Moyes promote any youngster while he was coaching Everton? I think it would make a lot of sense to give a few kids a chance in order to hold until the summer transfer window.
Tbf to Moyes he's already establishing Januzaj in the first team. He's the only young player we have at the moment who's good enough for first team football. He's recalled a few young players who were out on loan so maybe he'll give them some chances from now until the end of the season.

Salvadora

Moyes: "I think business will be in done in the Summer rather than January"

- Rooney doesn't need surgery, a couple of weeks "might" fix his problem.
- Reiterated the reasoning for the RVP fitness gamble that failed.

Elchele

Tbf to Moyes he's already establishing Januzaj in the first team. He's the only young player we have at the moment who's good enough for first team football. He's recalled a few young players who were out on loan so maybe he'll give them some chances from now until the end of the season.

sounds like the best option at this point, any DM/CMs in the players who were on loan?

Clegg

sounds like the best option at this point, any DM/CMs in the players who were on loan?
There's Jesse Lingard who had an impressive loan spell at Birmingham, but he's more of a wide midfielder than a central one. Decent goal scorer though. That's it really.

Nick Powell is having a good loan spell at Wigan but he's staying there until the end of the season and he's a number 10 rather than a cm.

The most silly quote is him saying that he's not sure if we acrually bid for De Rossi or not.

Well he must know, right?

Just loads of wishy washy statements.

Clegg

The most silly quote is him saying that he's not sure if we acrually bid for De Rossi or not.

He deflected everything. Even his statements about the January window weren't definitive.

kharma45

I don't like how he's handling the media with us. I never saw much of him in the press with Everton, was he like this there?

dc89

Moyes is the ultimate yes man. I expect no January signings. I expect Moyes to call the Glazers great owners.

Fergie

Banned
Moyes man...

This United job really is too much for him. Looks a distraught man.

Anyway onwards and forwards, either way this season will be roller-coaster.

Hopefully everyone gets fit and don't get further complications before the UCL starts.

Clegg

Moyes man...

Tbh I wouldn't be that distraught if we didn't sign anyone in Jan. It's better to have your homework done on players so we know exactly who we're going after, how good he is, what he's worth and if he'd sign. That way we won't be left in a position like we were at the end of the last transfer window; panicking and overpaying for someone who wasn't first choice.

I'm assuming Moyes and the board will have factored in our potential lack of CL footy next season. So maybe they'd be prepared to pay that little extra to get a player to join.

noal

Banned
The trouble is I think Moyes is trying too hard to follow in Fergie's shadow. Stop saying what Fergie did and become your own man.

This is a massive change for both club and manager and it will take time in part because Moyes is not used to playing in the big leagues. I honestly don't know if he will be worthy of United in the end but the least we can do is give him a chance.

Moyes man...

Anyway onwards and forwards, either way this season will be roller-coaster.

Hopefully everyone gets fit and don't get further complications before the UCL starts.

Rollercoasters have peaks and troughs. This season is a bottomless pit you've fallen down.

The trouble is I think Moyes is trying too hard to follow in Fergie's shadow. Stop saying what Fergie did and become your own man.

This is a massive change for both club and manager and it will take time in part because Moyes is not used to playing in the big leagues. I honestly don't know if he will be worthy of United in the end but the least we can do is give him a chance.
This is it.

If we aren't signing anyone or were playing crap, fine. But to say he doesn't know if we bid for De Rossi and to say that the media would have been on his case if he subbed RVP against Newcastle is just weak.

Anyway, nothing major in these quotes. No doubt the club are gonna under promise after what happened in the summer.

Fergie

Banned
Tbh I wouldn't be that distraught if we didn't sign anyone in Jan. It's better to have your homework done on players so we know exactly who we're going after, how good he is, what he's worth and if he'd sign. That way we won't be left in a position like we were at the end of the last transfer window; panicking and overpaying for someone who wasn't first choice.

I'm assuming Moyes and the board will have factored in our potential lack of CL footy next season. So maybe they'd be prepared to pay that little extra to get a player to join.
I wouldn't be either.

But it would help to bring at least someone in.
Not like he's been sitting in his office doodling since summer.

Rollercoasters have peaks and troughs. This season is a bottomless pit you've fallen down.
It was something of a roller-coaster with that win streak.

Clegg

I wouldn't be either.

But it would help to bring at least someone in.
Not like he's been sitting in his office doodling since summer.
Moyes reputed to want up to 50 reports from multiple scouts on just one plays. That might be an exaggeration, but we can assume that he wants as much info on a player before he buys him. He has more money to work with than he did at Everton, but that brings its own pressures. He won't want to spend £30m on a player that flops. So he'll scout them to death to make sure he has the right man.

Fergie

Banned
;.;

Moyes reputed to want up to 50 reports from multiple scouts on just one plays. That might be an exaggeration, but we can assume that he wants as much info on a player before he buys him. He has more money to work with than he did at Everton, but that brings its own pressures. He won't want to spend £30m on a player that flops. So he'll scout them to death to make sure he has the right man.
I see the benefit in that. Coleman is a gem.

Lightning

Banned
United are not going to get the players they really want in January. Moyes is best to gather his targets and start the process of trying to get them early so that when the summer comes it's just a formality to get the players.

Moyes went from Everton to United that was always going to be hard for him. He had bad patches during seasons at Everton but the media didn't care because it's Everton but now with United every loss is an issue, outside the top 3 is unacceptable, and he's learning to deal with that. It will take time and even if this season becomes a throwaway if Moyes learns from this and things get sorted in the summer then United will be better for it.

Moyes is playing with Fergie's aging squad, not his own squad. We all want experience in our teams but Giggs, Evra, Vidic, Rio are past their best and this is without addressing the midfield problem. Moyes should be judged when it's his team out there imo.

Salvadora

There is more to the DDR quotes according the the guy who was hyping this up earlier this evening.

Saying that he was unsure of the cut off date.

K1LLER7

Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January

That is disturbing news for United fans who believe either Moyes thinks the current squad is strong enough – or there is no January transfer kitty at Old Trafford.

The Scot confirmed that Italy midfielder Daniele de Rossi was among the men who got away last summer.

Moyes revealed: “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid
Moyes Pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom