• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

did you guys think that was real
KuGsj.gif

K1LLER7

pls k7 we don't joke about this in serie A

FIGC I SWEAR HE'S KIDDING HA HA HA

loool

I can't hold back the ITK information :p

Even if you got a 10 point deduction at this point, you'd still comfortably win the league. Europa League
the snow
is more of a test.

England have been battered in the Ashes :(

K1LLER7

Have the Moyes comments been released yet? I am interested in what was said.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-admits-manchester-united-6469031?

United manager David Moyes has admitted that he won't be making any signings in the January transfer window.

In a move that is likely to confirm the worst fears of some fans, the Scot has said that they will not be making any additions to the current line-up.

Asked by a Sunday newspaper if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”

He also said that he was close to bringing in Italian Daniele de Rossi to shore-up the midfield at Old Trafford. He told the Sunday Mirror: “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”

Sounds like Suso is having some issues off the pitch. Seems like maybe he's not enjoying being back in Spain.

He he doesn't fuck up the next few months, he'd been doing really well up until recently.

He has to suck it up and get on with it. Whether he's enjoying his time there or not, Rodgers will not be impressed if a lack of professionalism keeps him out of the team. If that's the case, he's wasting everyone's time.

Clegg

Tbh I'd have thought Aisha Tyler would be too busy/important to post on GAF. Could easily be a PA posting for all we know.

But I want to believe.

K1LLER7

You can't get world-class players during the season anyway. Not too unreasonable.

I think we will find it tough in the summer too. Especially if we don't get CL football.

Hopefully we can get RVP and Rooney playing together and consistently, as soon as possible.

You can't get world-class players during the season anyway. Not too unreasonable.

You can get very, very good players though if you look in the right places. We got Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho in January

Its nigh-on impossible to prise players away from clubs that are still in the CL, but I'm sure there are a fair few players who are available and would instantly improve Man Utd

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay since Lightning, Salv and Baconsaures SEX are here

Italian media claim Arsenal’s attempts to sign Mirko Vucinic will have to be a permanent transfer and not a loan.

The Gunners were hoping to take the Montenegro international forward for the next six months with an option to buy.

However, the Bianconeri have warned any offer must be for a permanent buy for around €9.6m (£8m).

According to Sky Sport Italia, negotiations are still at an extremely early stage because agent Alessandro Lucci is currently in America.

Vucinic has fallen out of favour in Turin following injury and the arrival of Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez..

Real talk: He's a TOP CLASS second striker, scores just as much as he creates. But do you really need him? He's not a prolific goal scorer, that's for sure. He can play wide on either wing in a 4-2-3-1, and quite effectively too.

he's old

he's inconsistent

and he's lazy

but fuck me he's a genius.

Slizz

I think we will find it tough in the summer too. Especially if we don't get CL football.

Hopefully we can get RVP and Rooney playing together and consistently, as soon as possible.
Honestly everyones positive spins all seem like pipe dreams at this point.

Clegg

United signed Vidic in the January window of 2006. If you look hard enough you'll always find gems.

Only cost £6m too. Of course that probably couldn't happen in this age. Signing a world class defender for a relative pittance is unfathomable now.

United signed Vidic in the January window of 2006. If you look hard enough you'll always find gems.

Only cost £6m too. Of course that probably couldn't happen in this age. Signing a world class defender for a relative pittance is unfathomable now.

That was different though. That window the equivalent of summer for Russian clubs since the season was from March - November.

Baki

Real talk: He's a TOP CLASS second striker, scores just as much as he creates. But do you really need him? He's not a prolific goal scorer, that's for sure. He can play wide on either wing in a 4-2-3-1, and quite effectively too.

he's old

he's inconsistent

and he's lazy

That's why we wanted to loan him. But maybe we should just take the £8m hit. As long as it still means we get a long term option in summer.

he's old

he's inconsistent

and he's lazy

If that's what Arsenal want then why not just get Berbatov for cheaper?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Berba makes way more sense honestly, since he's a CF!

That's why we wanted to loan him. But maybe we should just take the £8m hit. As long as it still means we get a long term option in summer.

8m is a fucking bargain. He's easily worth double that figure.

Baki

I think we all underestimate the extensive scouting networks of the European superclubs anyway.

You can get players in January , just not young players proven in the top flight (CL).

Also as an aside, I think Torres is great for everything but his finish lol. I'd take him at Arsenal.

Wow, you got those in January? Impressive. Okay, maybe it's possible, but it's not an easy task. I take back what I wrote earlier. Then again, I guess United has to make sure they'll reach the CL, so even "non-worldclass" players might help them.

They're in a very strange position

Having won the league last season, and being only 5 points behind 4th, you'd think one player to slot in alongside Carrick should be enough. But their form is all over the place, they could really do with another CB, a couple of wingers, definitely a leftback and the aforementioned CM

Feels like they had Van Persie and Ferguson plugging the gaps in their squad last season, and they haven;t really had either of them this season so its fallen apart a bit. If they were willing to overspend, I think Cabaye and Baines would pretty much guarantee a CL spot come May.

Salvadora

Old, inconsistent and lazy seem to be common denominators with the targets we're (realistically) being linked with.

My worst nightmare would be recruiting a Park-esque figure who proceeds to stick around for many a year, never play and is sub-Arsenal level.

Baki

Old, inconsistent and lazy seem to be common denominators with the targets we're (realistically) being linked with.

My worst nightmare would be recruiting a Park-esque figure who proceeds to stick around for many a year, never play and is sub-Arsenal level.

Arsene wants costa but knows he can't get him in January. I would take Jackson Martinez or Pato at this point. Both gambles but could pay off long term. Definitely better than our very poor short term options.

Arsene wants costa but knows he can't get him in January. I would take Jackson Martinez or Pato at this point. Both gambles but could pay off long term. Definitely better than our very poor short term options.

Porto would bend you over a barrel for Martinez unless his contract is dwindling.

It's what they do.

Salvadora

I don't know that we know that Wenger wants Costa, Baki.

Yeah he's scouting him but everyone else is too. Actually being title contenders may have upset his plans :lol.

I definitely don't want to get involved with Porto anyway, they'll take us for all we've got.

wedward

he's old

he's inconsistent

and he's lazy

Is he an artist?

Baki

Porto would bend you over a barrel for Martinez unless his contract is dwindling.

It's what they do.

Sometimes you need to take a beating to come out on top. Lol

I don't know that we know that Wenger wants Costa, Baki.

Yeah he's scouting him but everyone else is too. Actually being title contenders may have upset his plans :lol.

I definitely don't want to get involved with Porto anyway, they'll take us for all we've got.

Wenger had significant praise for Costa. The type of praise he used for Suarez.

he's on €2.7m (approx)

He'd want a 2-3 year contract. Which makes his grand total cost being €15.1m - €17.8m.

Might as well go for Berba, unless you think he'd offer significantly more than Berba?

Leg-End

Having won the league last season, and being only 5 points behind 4th, you'd think one player to slot in alongside Carrick should be enough. But their form is all over the place, they could really do with another CB, a couple of wingers, definitely a leftback and the aforementioned CM

That is a fair assessment I would say although I would say we don't need a new CB, we just need to move on from Ferdinand and Vidic. Smalling and Evans looked like a decent partnership, Jones and Evans also worked well but as soon as we stuck Vidic back in we went back to poor distribution at the back and shaky nervous nelly defending.

Evra is worn out, which is to be expected when he has basically zero cover for going on 5 years, he either needs cover or replacing but I doubt it happens this window.

If United don't sign anyone in the CM area this window then I would be shocked if we made Top 4, everyone in the league knows its our weak area and they target it and we can do nothing about it. It said a lot when we were chasing the game against Spurs, we ended up with a Rooney/Kagawa midfield because we had nobody else to put there.

That is a fair assessment I would say although I would say we don't need a new CB, we just need to move on from Ferdinand and Vidic. Smalling and Evans looked like a decent partnership, Jones and Evans also worked well but as soon as we stuck Vidic back in we went back to poor distribution at the back and shaky nervous nelly defending.

Evra is worn out, which is to be expected when he has basically zero cover for going on 5 years, he either needs cover or replacing but I doubt it happens this window.

If United don't sign anyone in the CM area this window then I would be shocked if we made Top 4, everyone in the league knows its our weak area and they target it and we can do nothing about it. It said a lot when we were chasing the game against Spurs, we ended up with a Rooney/Kagawa midfield because we had nobody else to put there.

You should cash in on Kagawa, and if Moyes has a personal problem with Zaha, cut your losses with him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom