• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

So we're urgently looking for players who we know won't come in January?

ok

He needs to be banned from talking to the press. I can't take listening to him any more.

At least Dazza Fletch didn't BS around.
At least now he should have an idea of who should stay in the team and who shouldn't.

He knows we need some top players and they won't move in January. I doubt top players who are set for the world cup squads will risk moving to another club in January. Moyes will have to go after players in the summer and it will take a large investment. I could see 4-5 players leaving and maybe ~3 coming in. Getting a CL spot will be highly beneficial to getting anything done in the summer window.

Rikkun

Zabo, Ricky is on twitter too! We're all waiting for you, cunt.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I can't breathe
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Fuck Romcoms Ricky! I avoid them like the plague Interisti

holy shit! I think I called it a few days ago!

I actually watched the match with an Interista friend, it had that degree of fun because I was actually ready to lose or to draw. And how I would've loved a fourth goal just to explode that FourFingersTotti.gif on Facebook.

Fine, fine, I'll sign up tomorrow.
Come on Zabo, come on, it's so cool, so cool that I use it just to stalk SonicGAF and Yurt. I also have italian followers so it's kinda ehhh to speak english but yolo I guess.

Can I just recommend a film called The Time Traveler's Wife?

I look forward to your tears.

Always with McAdams right? I saw that two years ago, then my ex ex gf borrowed it from me and puff, begone. I can't remember crying actually, because
him popping up at times make it a little less hard to swallow.

But About Time? Yeah the time travelling is explained in a wonky way, some things don't really make sense IIRC (or maybe it was just the italian translation, I'll rewatch it in English as soon as I can find a Kleenex stock) but
that bit when he has to basically say goodbye forever to the father, oh god so many tears

Yeah I just spoilertagged two romcoms. We should have a romcom OT.
Maybe we already have.
Do I talk too much.

Clegg

At least now he should have an idea of who should stay in the team and who shouldn't.

He knows we need some top players and they won't move in January. I doubt top players who are set for the world cup squads will risk moving to another club in January. Moyes will have to go after players in the summer and it will take a large investment. I could see 4-5 players leaving and maybe ~3 coming in. Getting a CL spot will be highly beneficial to getting anything done in the summer window.
We'll be signing players this summer regardless of whether we get CL football or not. Moyes needs to build his own team. Anyway, we could hardly go into the new season with more or less the same side who failed to qualify for the CL.

Barzul

Walcott out for a month isn't confirmed yet as tests aren't out yet. And Wenger says Lewandowski signed with Bayern a year and a half ago. Dissapointing.

Hixx

This lady on ITV doing the football has nice eyes.

Matty Robinson u r no real SAFC fan scoring against us. Or trying to.

K1LLER7

We'll be signing players this summer regardless of whether we get CL football or not. Moyes needs to build his own team. Anyway, we could hardly go into the new season with more or less the same side who failed to qualify for the CL.

No CL will be a turn-off to some though :(

However, we are still only 5 points off 4th. Hopefully RVP and Rooney will be back soon.

Clegg

No CL will be a turn-off to some though :(

However, we are still only 5 points off 4th. Hopefully RVP and Rooney will be back soon.
Of course it would. Finishing outside the top 4 the CL a season after winning the league would be catastrophic for a club of United's size and prestige. The only half way consoling element you could take out of it is knowing exactly who deserves to stay part of the team. Ship out the rest of the under performers and bring in some new faces.

I still maintain that we could easily improve the squad even if we miss out on any world class players. There are plenty of midfielders out there who are handily better than most of our options.

Oh, you're right. Poor guy. Man, fuck Schalke.

Would be interesting to know if we were really in for Kirchhoff in summer. There had been rumors for years about us signing Kirchhoff.

Imagine how good the season could have been for him with Hummels, Subotic, Gündogan, Kehl and Bender injured.
Or how good it could have been for us to have another DM/CB lol ;(

Elchele

Would be interesting to know if we were really in for Kirchhoff in summer. There had been rumors for years about us signing Kirchhoff.

Imagine how good the season could have been for him with Hummels, Subotic, Gündogan, Kehl and Bender injured.
Or how good it could have been for us to have another DM/CB lol ;(

I was actually expecting him to join Dortmund, but I guess the boards aren't too friendly to each other right now

yeah, I understand, but it would made more sense than joining fucking schalke :lol they are packed with CBs

Schlacke told Jones to fuck off, I would say Kirchhoff is definately getting used as DM. There's only Neustädter, Goretzka and Kirchhoff left as possible DMs.

Elchele

I don't think Bayern's XI will change that much in 3 years. Only Dante, Ribéry and Robben will be eventually dropped because of their age

-------------------- Neuer --------------------
Lahm(?) --- Boateng --- newCB --- Alaba
--------------------- Javi ---------------------
------------- Thiago ----- Kroos -------------
Green ------------ Lewa ------------ Shaqiri

Bench: Zingerle, Wein, Højbjerg, Gotze, Friesenbichler, Rankovic

Something like that I guess.

pulga

Banned
I don't think Bayern's XI will change that much in 3 years. Only Dante, Ribéry and Robben will be eventually dropped because of their age

-------------------- Neuer --------------------
Lahm(?) --- Boateng --- newCB --- Alaba
--------------------- Javi ---------------------
------------- Thiago ----- Kroos -------------
Green ------------ Lewa ------------ Shaqiri

Bench: Zingerle, Wein, Højbjerg, Gotze, Friesenbichler, Rankovic

Something like that I guess.

You guys WILL buy Reus and you know it.

Elchele

Schlacke told Jones to fuck off, I would say Kirchhoff is definately getting used as DM. There's only Neustädter, Goretzka and Kirchhoff left as possible DMs.

Was he even good for Mainz as DM? Btw, I was looking at the table today and noticed how Mainz are very solid in the middle of the table every fucking time. Tuchel is good isn't he, I'm surprised he is still at Mainz.

You guys WILL buy Reus and you know it.

He rejected us in favor of Dortmund and talked shit about the whole thing, don't see the board trying to sign him at all. Also we got Green and Shaqiri, not to mention Gotze.

Was he even good for Mainz as DM? Btw, I was looking at the table today and noticed how Mainz are very solid in the middle of the table every fucking time. Tuchel is good isn't he, I'm surprised he is still at Mainz.

I have no idea, thought he was definately becoming/staying a CB. Didn't look like he has the pace (or the play intelligence to make up for) to play as DM at the highest level.

Tuchel is a bit of a cunt I think, not sure he'd be a good fit for a club with lots of media attention.

Rikkun

BdPYgU-CMAAFuXX.jpg

I LOVE YOU DAVID IT"S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN

BdQSm0BIIAAjLMh.jpg

sign the boy

Damn I lost that, fucking traffic in Milan. Seeing him tear up like that makes me happy.

Trezeguet and Carew were monsters in FIFA

Slizz, pls. Trezeguet is still in FIFA.

And not as good as 06-08

He's still in PES too, and he had an overall of 8x (87 or 83 IIRC).

Fifa just gives random attributes to players, it's silly sometimes.

Elchele

USWNT vacationing on their own is fun.

bIDhrjm.jpg

pls. pls plspslpslpslpslsplspsl PLS

I have no idea, thought he was definately becoming/staying a CB. Didn't look like he has the pace (or the play intelligence to make up for) to play as DM at the highest level.

Tuchel is a bit of a cunt I think, not sure he'd be a good fit for a club with lots of media attention.

:lol don't know why but that was funny.

Yeah, he looks weird for some reason as DM. He has the pace, but he doesn't seem suited for midfield. He played mostly as DM for Mainz last season, and barely played too, I think he was injured + he was leaving to Bayern so they didn't play him that much I guess.

He rejected us in favor of Dortmund and talked shit about the whole thing, don't see the board trying to sign him at all. Also we got Green and Shaqiri, not to mention Gotze.

Well, it's going to be interesting. At some point, you will need to replace Robben and Ribery. The question is, will Bayern take the chance to try and sign Draxler/Reus in the next year or will they risk not being able to get such a talent in 2-3 years when they (possibly) need it.

I enjoyed not having to worry about qualifying. ;)
What

Napoli needed just one more goal, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom