• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Everyone should buy Rust on steam. Holy shit I have not had this much fun with a video game in a long ass time! Just played 9 hours straight!

I've heard such conflicting reports about this game. People say it's really captivating and addictive but others saying it's in a bad state right now in this early alpha and to hold out a little longer.

bud

hmrgDf2.png

i just realised rachel riley sort of looks like her.

dc89

In an interview with a Swiss newspaper Blatter has slated Brazil saying that no host nation has ever been this far behind with preparations so late in the day.

Brazil have had 7 years to get ready.

elseanio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25619028

An Oldham Athletic fan was stabbed after watching his team play Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Merseyside Police said the 35-year-old man flagged down a passing ambulance in the Anfield area after a disturbance at about 17:00 GMT.

A spokesman said the fan, whose injuries were not life-threatening, is refusing to talk to detectives.

Police have appealed to other fans and passing motorists for information. Liverpool won the third round tie 2-0.

Hope someone comes forward with some information. Odd that the guy is refusing to talk :/

Hixx

I dunno if people can remember that pic that was floating about earlier this season about a seat at the SoL being literally locked up and a notice saying this ST holder had been banned for standing stuck to it.

Yesterday they were throwing out kids no older than 13 for standing to chant. Not persistent standing, just to sing one chant. They were also told they would receive a letter stating which future home game they would be banned from.

It's disgusting. Also it seems they were targeting kids specifically which is pathetic.

Clegg

Ogden has written a putrid article on players United should be looking at. It includes Walker, Lescott and Vermaelen.

Bumhead

Banned
Ian Holloway to Millwall? Perfect fit.

We are rapidly running out of acceptable candidates for our job.

I'll forever be thankful to Milan for saving our club but our stagnation, awful transfer policy and his stubborness is killing us on our feet at the minute. No reason we shouldn't have been in the market for Holloway other than Milan's history with him at Leicester.

Kyoufu

I seem to remember his beginning of the season being a disaster, constantly out of position?

He had problems settling in off the pitch which affected him on it.

Seems like he's settled in. Consistently our best player, despite the silly two-footed tackle last week.

So glad we signed him and replaced Danny Simpson. Adds so much to our attacking game as well as being a great defender.

L1NETT

We are rapidly running out of acceptable candidates for our job.

I'll forever be thankful to Milan for saving our club but our stagnation, awful transfer policy and his stubborness is killing us on our feet at the minute. No reason we shouldn't have been in the market for Holloway other than Milan's history with him at Leicester.

Hang on, have you still not got a manager? Jeebz

Carbone is in London on saturday.....

Benny pls

Who is KSI?

Fifa youtube twat. Lowest common denominator stuff. Ignore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's because they're playing 4-3-3 according to Whoscored. But in a 4-2-3-1 he's a CAM, like he was in Lyon and before Rudi Garcia joined. Gotze also plays there, but he obviously is a CAM.

Play style-wise, he's not even close to Gotze or Kagawa. He's a proper CM (now), he contributes defensively just as much as he does offensively.

Elchele

Play style-wise, he's not even close to Gotze or Kagawa. He's a proper CM, he contributes defensively just as much as does offensively.

Gotze too :p still not a holding midfielder. Would you put him in the holding midfield in a 4-2-3-1 or as CAM? please understand
He's 23?!?!! did the time stop or what, he has been around forever!

Bumhead

Banned
Hang on, have you still not got a manager?

Nope.

It has become rather farcical.

Stuart Gray (current caretaker) is meeting Milan tomorrow and it's fully expected he will be given the job. He has done OK in terms of getting the players back onside and picked up some points, but without Wickham we are still as tactically clueless and one dimensional as before.

He set up 4-5-1 with no recognised wingers at Macclesfield on Saturday. At the end of the day he was Dour Jones' assistant and it shows. It's a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom