• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gotze too :p still not a holding midfielder. Would you put him in the holding midfield in a 4-2-3-1 or as CAM? please understand
He's 23?!?!! did the time stop or what, he has been around forever!

Holding midfielder, since they're using Cleverley there.

45 tackles and 22 interceptions is NOT NORMAL for an attacking midfielder.

dc89

BdTNk9GCQAAJRxd.jpg

With breath like that he shall be known as The Father of Dragons.

Barzul

Arsenal should match Costa's release clause and offer to triple his wages. Let's see if he can turn that down. We can afford to do that. His release clause is just 31.6m ffs. His only going to be more wanted after the WC.

Bumhead

Banned
Been a good 48 hours or so for us;

- Draw 1-1 with Macclesfield
- Drawn against Rochdale away if we win the replay
- Desired managerial candidate joins relegation rival
- Roger Johnson joins West Ham after loan with us expires
- Only 2 more games with Connor Wickham due to FA Cup draw/result
- Best permanent player out for 5 weeks
- Barely competent caretaker manager set to be appointed full time tomorrow

Milan pls

Swear to god next time I see a Man U fan fucking moaning..

Yen

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle
Judging from what Galliani has just said Milan have withdrawn from 'the race' to sign Nainggolan. Bets on Roma to do the deal instead

GorillaJu

United don't really play with a pure holding midfielder and they never have. Pjanic, in this hypothetical transfer situation, would be a good fit for how they play. Vidal would be ideal but that's because Vidal is an extraordinary footballer, not just because he can tackle hard.

Barzul

United need a player like Ramsey who is good in the box to box and with the goal scoring output. Pogba would've been great.

WJD

United don't really play with a pure holding midfielder and they never have. Pjanic, in this hypothetical transfer situation, would be a good fit for how they play. Vidal would be ideal but that's because Vidal is an extraordinary footballer, not just because he can tackle hard.

Indeed. A player half as effective as Vidal would be an absolute diamond in our midfield right now.

Clegg

We had scouts at the Juve/Roma game.

Roma's director has said that they would be willing to negotiate over Pjanic. Do it Moysey.

Scum

Play style-wise, he's not even close to Gotze or Kagawa. He's a proper CM (now), he contributes defensively just as much as he does offensively.

Exactly what United could do with then. Get Coentrão on loan and spend the £20m on Pjanic, but he'll probably cost more than that though, right?

Clegg

Exactly what United could do with then. Get Coentrão on loan and spend the £20m on Pjanic, but he'll probably cost more than that though, right?
He'd probably be closer to £30m.

Nobody knows who we're after atm though, but it's probably not Pjanic.

Zabojnik

I don't really like Napoli but I'm glad they won today because Mihajlovic is a turd pretending to be a man.

I can't, looool. Splatt is there any serbian (ex-)player that you actually like? :D

The savior. The japanese Birsa.

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle
Judging from what Galliani has just said Milan have withdrawn from 'the race' to sign Nainggolan. Bets on Roma to do the deal instead

BREAKING NEWS
: Looks like Nainggolan has as good as signed for Napoli. Dat De Laurentiis desperation money.

We had scouts at the Juve/Roma game.

Roma's director has said that they would be willing to negotiate over Pjanic. Do it Moysey.

Would be a fantastic signing for the current United, no doubt.

RIP Black Panther. :(

Scum

He'd probably be closer to £30m.

Nobody knows who we're after atm though, but it's probably not Pjanic.

Cleff, you and I know all too well that Everton will try to take every fucking penny they can out of Moyes for Baines. They might drag the deal out 'til the last minute too. Might as well sell Young and Valencia, top up the £20m+ you'd spend on Baines, talk to Fabio, get Coentrão on a loan (perhaps loan-to-buy) and then pick up Pjanic.

Then start playing through the middle.

cremino

I can't, looool. Splatt is there any serbian (ex-)player that you actually like? :D

The savior. The japanese Birsa.

BREAKING NEWS
: Looks like Nainggolan has as good as signed for Napoli. Dat De Laurentiis desperation money.

Would be a fantastic signing for the current United, no doubt.

RIP Black Panther. :(

They are signing Gonalons too.......Goal Kakà

Clegg

Is a player like Pjanic really that suited to Moyes' style of football though?
Tbf the Moyes style of football is hardly working for us right now and the squad is very short on talented midfielders. We should be looking to bring in quality players regardless of what their preferred formation is.

dc89

Pellegrini has said that Aguero is training with the squad now and he has 1-2 weeks before he can play again, but he thinks it will be 2 weeks to be safe.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
#ManUnitedinFourWords trending

We Are Already DEAD

Glory Glory Man United?

If he's better than Cleverley, then yes. :p

Scum

What Moyes is doing right now is shite. It's not the losses that are bad, is the way he's got the team playing. Just for you, WJD.

4-3-1-2
----- RvP/Welbeck ------- Rooney ------------
--------------------- Kagawa --------------------
----- Pjanic ----- Carrick ----- Fellaini -----
Coentrão ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

4-2-3-1
------------------- RvP/Rooney -----------------
Adnan ------ Kagawa/Rooney ----------- Zaha
--------- Carrick/Pjanic --- Fellaini/Pjanic ---------
Coentrão ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ahahaha West Ham are in the shit and their solution is to sign Roger Johnson. That lazy twat is one of the reasons Wolves went down, it's going to be hilarious.

Meier

Just saw the news about Rossi. That is terrible, I really hope for his sake it's just a sprain and not something worse. :( Even though he is a turncoat, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BdTdPHoCMAAfG1T.jpg

Just saw the news about Rossi. That is terrible, I really hope for his sake it's just a sprain and not something worse. :( Even though he is a turncoat, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Collateral ligament damage. No issue with his cruciate and no surgery required. He'll be out for 10-16 weeks.

Salvadora

Atletico Madrid's sporting director has confirmed that Costa's release clause is £31m and "all the big clubs in England know this".

Timurid

I think he's got the potential to be, he's a beast in duel. Just needs to sort out his head, he's more akin to Balotelli in that department.
Ugh I never knew he had attitude problems. Hopefully he straighten his attitude soon before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom