• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
sandro_instory.jpg

He's back at last. Hopefully we can get by Palace without risking any of these returning players and have them fresh for Swansea in 2 weeks.

dc89

Do any players train with shin pads on?
I know if I was, I would when it came to those little games of 5 and 7 aside they do.

Wes

venison crêpe
Some odd rumour about Holtby coming to Villa doing the rounds on twitter. Supposedly originated from a Spurs source. Went on a Spurs forum to check. Found these:

daYj9Sc.png
iMIYTQl.png
xcxzyvS.png
Bt31fmZ.png
KIu2IdU.png
YS2q6EZ.png
yOfMETv.png
h4EidwC.png

I like to think doing these originated from GAF back in the day.

TQTscZE.png

Barzul

Atletico Madrid's sporting director has confirmed that Costa's release clause is £31m and "all the big clubs in England know this".

I saw this earlier and I think we should meet it. And offer to triple his wages. Think about it he goes to Brazil and has an amazing tournament, we won't be able to compete with the offers he might get from the Petrodollar clubs. I also think he has a better chance winning the title at Arsenal than at Atletico if he joined.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Some odd rumour about Holtby coming to Villa doing the rounds on twitter. Supposedly originated from a Spurs source. Went on a Spurs forum to check.

I can see that happening if we recall Tom Carroll. He'd be a good signing for you, works hard and has an eye for a pass. I don't really want to lose him though.

Flat 4-4-2, big emphasis on width and heavy use of fullbacks.

h4EidwC.png

Meier

Collateral ligament damage. No issue with his cruciate and no surgery required. He'll be out for 10-16 weeks.
UGH, that's awful. At least it won't require surgery. Hopefully for Italy and his sake, he can be back at full speed by the World Cup.

flippedb

Banned
#RoboAll'Atalanta

I'm happy for Kaka's 100th goal, but it makes me sad seeing Matri and Robinho as the starting strikers lol

Baki

I saw this earlier and I think we should meet it. And offer to triple his wages. Think about it he goes to Brazil and has an amazing tournament, we won't be able to compete with the offers he might get from the Petrodollar clubs. I also think he has a better chance winning the title at Arsenal than at Atletico if he joined.

That statement sounds like they are willing to sell, but only at the release clause price. Otherwise, why admit it to the press.

Is Alexis the next Barça player to leave?

When asked about him scoring the FK and what that might mean for who takes Fk's, he didn't seem to pleased in saying how Messi is the one who takes the FK's and who does everything.

What I think it's incredible is how with Messi out, we see these other players at Barça scoring multiple goals and rising to the occasion. It doesn't seem like Barça even needs Messi at all.

Salvadora

I wouldn't be worried about Giroud if another striker came in.

We've lots of games in many competitions and our players are injury prone. Only thing that would worry me slightly is him being a bit of a confidence player.

Baki

Is Alexis the next Barça player to leave?

When asked about him scoring the FK and what that might mean for who takes Fk's, he didn't seem to pleased in saying how Messi is the one who takes the FK's and who does everything.

What I think it's incredible is how with Messi out, we see these other players at Barça scoring multiple goals and rising to the occasion. It doesn't seem like Barça even needs Messi at all.

Alexis at Arsenal would be great.

Clegg

Apparently the Portuguese media say Matic is available too. So that's Pjanic and Matic who are available this window. Yet if you go by what Moyes is saying then none of our targets are available. Could mean a few different things. Moyes is lying when he says his targets aren't available or Matic and Pjanic aren't on our radar. Both would be worrying.

Or maybe I'm just completely over thinking things.

Timurid

Apparently the Portuguese media say Matic is available too. So that's Pjanic and Matic who are available this window. Yet if you go by what Moyes is saying then none of our targets are available. Could mean a few different things. Moyes is lying when he says his targets aren't available or Matic and Pjanic aren't on or racer. Both would be worrying.

Or I'm just completely over thinking things.
Pjanic is on PSG radar aswell.

Fuckk off suen and your shitty meatballs.

dc89

FA have confirmed they will not take action against Walcott, but they have reminded him of his responsibilities.

Fergie

Banned
Apparently the Portuguese media say Matic is available too. So that's Pjanic and Matic who are available this window. Yet if you go by what Moyes is saying then none of our targets are available. Could mean a few different things. Moyes is lying when he says his targets aren't available or Matic and Pjanic aren't on or racer. Both would be worrying.

Or I'm just completely over thinking things.
Maybe he's deflecting after the summer fiasco, maybe they aren't on his radar.

Moyes the mystery man.

I'm not going to bother with transfer news until something credible arises.

Woodward is unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom