• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Some people would say Karma. I wouldn't be that harsh. *ahem

Anyways, at least somebody else can take your set pieces eh Gooners? Every cloud

Big blow for England though. More Milner and Young playing time.....sigh

Batigol

Banned
Massive blow for Arsenal.
Walcott out for 6 months.

Arsenal Tweet:

The Club regrettably announces Theo Walcott has been ruled out for at least six months with a knee injury. Story: http://t.co/Q0wPjxjCxj

walcott_2_0_44988.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Some people would say Karma. I wouldn't be that harsh. *ahem

Anyways, at least somebody else can take your set pieces eh Gooners? Every cloud

Big blow for England though. More Milner and Young playing time.....sigh
Karma for what? Those stupid Spurs fans are facing life bans while Theo didn't get any punishment should show you who provoked and started that exchange.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I feel for Walcott, that's a terrible shame. It didn't look like anything bad on the pitch, reminds me of Sandro's last season, almost a year ago to the day. These are the kinds of injuries that can ruin careers, I hope he recovers. You never want to see anybody get injured, even if he does play for a rival.

Fuck, im gutted for Theo. One of my favourite Arsenal players :( Sad he's missing the WC too, every player would want to play in a World Cup.

Pretty much have to buy someone now.

I'm in shock. Theo has improved massively over the last year. This will be the 2nd WC he has missed.

He has been crucial to Arsenal with his goals. We have to buy in Jan. We have lost a lot of goals and assists. Needs addressing immediately.

We need pace and goals. Who fits that bill that we can afford?

L1NETT

Raheem's time to shine

Would have him over Townsend, the bloke is as predictable as a scooby doo episode.

what happened to the Ox? Has stagnated so much from a few years ago.

Arsenal, buy Tom Ince. Now. Roy...wobble that chin over to the Emirates and have a butchers my jowly friend.

Splatt

Would have him over Townsend, the bloke is as predictable as a scooby doo episode.

what happened to the Ox? Has stagnated so much from a few years ago.

Arsenal, buy Tom Ince. Now. Roy...wobble that chin over to the Emirates and have a butchers my jowly friend.

Think he was injured, might be still.

Salvadora

So we literally have to get through the rest of January (and beyond) with one striker and Podolski, who fools no-one is that position. Cazorla, Ozil or Ramsey as a false nine, anyone?

The time to spend £31m is now.

Fergie

Banned
I'm in shock. Theo has improved massively over the last year. This will be the 2nd WC he has missed.

He has been crucial to Arsenal with his goals. We have to buy in Jan. We have lost a lot of goals and assists. Needs addressing immediately.

Salah seems decent.

Deceptive pace and has a knack for goals.

Also great vs Chelsea.

arkon

England will be fine without Walcott. There's plenty of players who can do the same thing he does.

This also means JM7 will finally get the credit he deserves.

Barzul

It would have to be a gamble in Jan. I can't think of anyone at a top club who would be let go. Potential attacking signings: Lavezzi, Costa, Morata...

Lightning

Banned
Well Gnabry now is your chance. You will get guaranteed game time now to make the position your own. Don't let us down!

Good thing Ox is also back.

Just need replacement striker and we're good to go but huge blow that. Theo.... I hope this doesn't ruin the mans career. Such a awesome player.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What sort of LB is Coentrao? Is he good offensively?

Salvadora

Well Gnabry now is your chance. You will get guaranteed game time now to make the position your own. Don't let us down!

Good thing Ox is also back.

Just need replacement striker and we're good to go but huge blow that. Theo.... I hope this doesn't ruin the mans career. Such a awesome player.
It can potentially ruin pace for good, can't it?

It would have to be a gamble in Jan. I can't think of anyone at a top club who would be let go. Potential attacking signings: Lavezzi, Costa, Morata...
Lavezzi is shit, you're gonna need a miracle to sign Costa because after the WC everyone will be gunning for him, but Morata seems like the best option.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fairly, but not as solid at the back as I'd like. He has performed well for Portugal (he was fucking ace at the 2010 WC) but hasn't lived up to his billing at Madrid.

So is he a stopgap or a legit replacement for Evra? Feels like a panic buy since we were so heavy into Baines.

But I have honestly lost faith in us signing anyone, our backroom negotiators are fucking terrible

Fergie

Banned
Fairly, but not as solid at the back as I'd like. He has performed well for Portugal (he was fucking ace at the 2010 WC) but hasn't lived up to his billing at Madrid.
Flashes of potential.

Either way I would be happy if we got him. Has pace and good feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom