• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

So is he a stopgap or a legit replacement for Evra? Feels like a panic buy since we were so heavy into Baines.

But I have honestly lost faith in us signing anyone, our backroom negotiators are fucking terrible

He could potentially be a good LB for us, just depends. I wouldn't say no at £12m.

Also Jorge Mendes is his agent, done deal :p

Yen

It can potentially ruin pace for good, can't it?
Fowler and Owen both suffered ACL injuries that robbed them off their pace (and Fowler wasn't too quick to start with). If Walcott suffers the same fate, he's really going to have to change his game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not buying a defensive midfielder when Sandro busted his knee last year, is the main reason we slipped to 5th place. Arsenal need to buy a replacement, we made the mistake of thinking we could cope and we paid for it.

If a key player gets a devastating injury in January you can at least bring a replacement in.

Feorax

A lot of Diaby's problems stem from his initial injury to his ankle.

Diaby's issues have all stemmed from the ankle injury he picked up. I'm sure that is factoring into his recovery time.

Yeah, I imagine Theo has much more resilliance compared to Diaby. Even so, crazy length of time to be out.

Fowler and Owen both suffered ACL injuries that robbed them off their pace (and Fowler wasn't too quick to start with). If Walcott suffers the same fate, he's really going to have to change his game.

Isn't that what Torres had problems with before his performances went to shit with us? There were rumours at the time that our backroom staff were stunned he passed the medical at Chelsea.

Barzul

Anyone who is saying our season is over is being utterly ridiculous. We went without Theo for nearly half the season, we'll be OK. But we need to replace his goals and assist. Thanks for the assist against Newcastle Theo. Get better soon.

Salvadora

Not buying a defensive midfielder when Sandro busted his knee last year, is the main reason we slipped to 5th place. Arsenal need to buy a replacement, we made the mistake of thinking we could cope and we paid for it.
Walcott has already missed much of this season through injury, so it's not like we've become overly dependant and we do have players to fit in his natural position.

He adds another dimension to our attack, it's a big loss, but we have the reinforcements. It's the striker position we have to be worried about.

LTWheels

Feel really bad for Theo, especially as he is missing another World Cup. Hopefully the injury won't rob him too much of his speed...

I think Sterling could get a World Cup squad place now, if he keeps it up.

Razor554

Bid for Alexis Sanchez while we're at it tbh. Tempt Barca's hand.

10496578165_44b224e404_o.gif

tumblr_myxti6Zabx1r9pahco1_500.gif

no

Yen

Isn't that what Torres had problems with before his performances went to shit with us? There were rumours at the time that our backroom staff were stunned he passed the medical at Chelsea.
It was the knee that finished off Torres, but his muscles were pretty much made of bubblegum before that (Owen even moreso), though for Torres he was always rushed back anyway.

Plasma

Banned
Anyone who is saying our season is over is being utterly ridiculous. We went without Theo for nearly half the season, we'll be OK. But we need to replace his goals and assist. Thanks for the assist against Newcastle Theo. Get better soon.

We'll shift Cazorla out on the right and Podolski back out on the left, Chamberlain is back soon and Gnabry will be able to provide cover there as well.

We desperately need another striker though, with Theo out we only have Podolski who can cover the striker role.

Barzul

Wenger go get Draxler. NOW!

I don't think we should. Anyone we buy needs to be replacing Theo's goal output. Players we should be bidding for Costa, Alexis Sanchez, Jackson Martinez, Reus. Players of that ilk. If we have to overspend so be it. If we win the league, that's an extra 80m pounds. Man I wish Remy was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom