• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

If that Messi transfer happens, Football isn't just dead it's buried four miles underground
Roll on the inevitable football crash.

300m? That's putrid.

Barzul

Why am I seeing some Arsenal fans mention Draxler? How does he really replace Theo's goals or assists? He'd be playing on the wing or in the center. We need someone who can fill in if Giroud gets injured.

pulga

Banned
lol Celta Vigo

Conceding about 5 seconds after the keeper has the ball in his hands

No wonder Messi and Ronaldo have no inclination to leave this league

Hahaha please, Spanish keepers are better than anything England has shat out since the Seaman days. Iker, DDG, Valdes, Lopez, Reina, etc. Then you have gems like Courtois and Diego Alves.

I can't wait for that transfer, just because Madrid will do their good old one-upsmanship routine and buy Andros Townsend for £300,000,001

@pulga, I wasn;t even talking about the keeper, but the way La Liga teams invite pressure by endlessly giving the ball away in stupid areas. Not even sure how Celta Vigo lost it, looks like a fullback gave it away

Lightning

Banned
Why am I seeing some Arsenal fans mention Draxler? How does he really replace Theo's goals or assists? He'd be playing on the wing or in the center. We need someone who can fill in if Giroud gets injured.
Draxler was a joke.

We can't replace Theo's goals in January, we will need other players to step up. We'll be linked with everyone on the planet as that's what the media does but I'm not expecting anything.

Move Cazorla to the right, Podolski on the left and Bendtner and Sanogo will have to get the job done.

Arsenal fans are really the worst in here. Stop dreaming about Reus, it's ridiculous.

There's no way he'll leave before 2015 and then all the big clubs are in. Unlike Özil, there is more than 1 club interested in buying, so your chances are low to non-existent.

Carbonox

Why buy one Walcott replacement when you can have two in the form in the form of Obertan and Zaha, demented offspring of Theo's one night stands with beliebers in hackney when he was a tween himself.

Madrid should've bought Suarez instead of Ronaldo 0.5.

Lol

The ref steals a goal from Ronaldo, and he doesn't give a shit. Scores another.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BdUiaBrIEAAmxvA.jpg

Per is the fucking man.

Best defender in the world.

Salvadora

Draxler was a joke.
Yeah.

Most of these players are jokes. I don't think any sane Arsenal fan expects these players (Draxler, Reus, Costa etc) to move in January and certainly not to us. It's strange to see people taking it so seriously.

Any purchase will most likely be a "stopgap" for the rest of the season. People may laugh, but I don't think Walcott is replaceable for Arsenal.

Barzul

Arsenal fans are really the worst in here. Stop dreaming about Reus, it's ridiculous.

There's no way he'll leave before 2015 and then all the big clubs are in. Unlike Özil, there is more than 1 club interested in buying, so your chances are low to non-existent.

Our chances will be pretty good if we want him then. We can easily afford his transfer fee and wages. What will depend on how we're performing in terms of league performance and trophies.

We all know they'll sell him to Munich anyway.

He can sign for any club that pays 35m in 2015. It's not like we have any influence at all.

Our chances will be pretty good if we want him then. We can easily afford his transfer fee and wages. What will depend on how we're performing in terms of league performance and trophies.

That's hilarious shit. If you want him... Sure, when he's going to Chelsea/Real/whatever you didn't really want him.

Danchi

There's a common concensus around Arsenal boards that Draxler could be converted into a striker ala Van Persie or Henry.

I, personally, haven't seen enough of him to say whether that's plausible though.

wedward

Because they have never seen him play. Draxler replaces Podolski. We don't need a Theo replacement. We need a Giroud replacement.

pulga

Banned
MisterChiping: RMA 3-0 CEL (FT) - Cristiano scores the 400th goal of his professional career (in 653 games): SPO (5) + MNU (118) + RMA (230) + POR (47)

Beast.

edit:

MisterChiping: Real Madrid's all-time top scorers in La Liga:
[228] Raúl
[216] Di Stéfano
[186] Santillana
[166] CRISTIANO
[164] Hugo Sánchez
[156] Puskás

That's Hugo down. Everyone on that list is an absolute Madrid legend.

Barzul

He can sign for any club that pays 35m in 2015. It's not like we have any influence at all.

That's hilarious shit. If you want him... Sure, when he's going to Chelsea/Real/whatever you didn't really want him.

We have 4 German players at the club, located in London one of the best cities in the world, we have money and our revenue keeps increasing as the shitty commercial contracts that held us back have/or are expiring. If we miss out on him so be it, but our chances not non existent, that is a ridiculous statement you made. What will be the biggest factor is how we're doing in League and cup competitions.

Salvadora

Because they have never seen him play. Draxler replaces Podolski. We don't need a Theo replacement. We need a Giroud replacement.
I was surprised to see even Arseblog calling for Draxler to be bought in January.

He doesn't even play in Theo's positions and would be of no (relative) use :lol. We may as well buy another CAM.

wedward

I was surprised to see even Arseblog calling for Draxler to be bought in January.

He doesn't even play in Theo's positions and would be of no (relative) use :lol. We may as well buy another CAM.

I think most fans just want him now so we don't get priced out in June.

Feorax

£70m is worth it in January and with our current injury crisis.

I don't think £70 million kicks in until the summer, since it's only on the condition we fail to qualify for the CL.

If you want him in Jan, you're probably going to have to spend Bale money at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom