• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
BdUjt23CQAADs9r.jpg

Di Maria was none too pleased with the sub today. Arsenal, I think I've found your transfer target.

I'd take him.

Fergie

Banned
Basel’s Mohamed Salah has long been linked to Merseyside club Liverpool and it appeared the deal was very close to going through.
According to respected Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, there are a host of other clubs interested in signing the Egyptian winger.
Liverpool are still in pole position to sign Salah but there are reportedly clubs from Germany, Spain and England sniffing around.
Spurs, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid are all sides who have been linked to the 21 year old.
Salah’s agent was today quoted saying “Talks with Liverpool are ongoing. They want him but they need an agreement with Basel.”

Labadal

If you want anyone to blame for the Walcott injury, blame me. I put him in my FF team after the game prior to the FA cup.

Salvadora

AST has done an analysis of our financials and determined that we could cautiously spend £50m this January, or £75m if "bold and ambitious".

Baki

AST has done an analysis of our financials and determined that we could cautiously spend £50m this January, or £75m if "bold and ambitious".

Who is AST. And does that include salaries? £50m! We could sign Costa + Salah. Noice.

Labadal

Ugh reports that Lamela could join Inter on loan. Fuck that, I don't give a shit about his World Cup prospects, our only concern should be getting him used to the PL so he can be a success for Spurs. We are not Man City, it's too embarrassing to loan out a £30m player so soon.

We'll take him.

LTWheels

If any club looks to spend that amount in January, they will be taken for a ride with overpriced players once clubs get a whiff of that level of money available for transfers.

Salvadora

Who is AST. And does that include salaries? £50m! We could sign Costa + Salah. Noice.
It's the Arsenal Supporters Trust and I imagine it includes wages as these figures generally do.

Of course it doesn't mean that we will, but it gives some idea of the financial position of the club.

Walshy

Yep, because they can fuck off if they think we're spending €20 million on him.

We do need to kick on with our business though. We need re-inforcements, even with Studge and Sakho apparently back soon.
Did you see Enrique is back at the end of January too?

We could have a full squad before the 4th Round FA cup game, great chance to get players like Sturridge and Enrique fit for games such as Everton which is a few days after the 4th round game.

Feorax

Did you see Enrique is back at the end of January too?

We could have a full squad before the 4th Round FA cup game, great chance to get players like Sturridge and Enrique fit for games such as Everton which is a few days after the 4th round game.

Really? Wow, I was expecting March at the earliest.

Massive boost that. Getting our back line up to where it was at the beginning if the season would be a big asset in getting us over the line.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm seven episodes into Friday Night Lights and it's really fantastic.

edit: just to make this post futbol related: All I want is van Ginkel to heal faster and a serious bid made on Kurt Zouma.

Fergie

Banned
It seems funds is available for Moyes this window and next.

Either he's keeping mum over the summer debacle or he's not really ready to buy.

Scum

It seems funds is available for Moyes this window and next.

Either he's keeping mum over the summer debacle or he's not really ready to buy.
Imagine Moyes holding a press conference a day before the window closes to present Matic, Pjanic and Costa to the press.

Walshy

Really? Wow, I was expecting March at the earliest.

Massive boost that. Getting our back line up to where it was at the beginning if the season would be a big asset in getting us over the line.
Physioroom is saying January 18th he should be getting back to training. Sakho should be around the same time too, apparently.

If all goes well we could have a full strength and fully fit back four for the Arsenal game in early February.

Elchele

Borussia Dortmund have brought in Japanese youngster Mitsuru Maruoka on loan from Cerezo Osaka though the end of next season. The teenager is scheduled to play in 3. Liga for Dortmund’s reserve side. He hails from the same Japanese club that nurtured future BvB star Shinji Kagawa. Dortmund will have the option to make Maruoka’s move permanent.

Already preparing the next Kagawa for Manchester United.

Also, Esswein moved from Nurnberg to Augsburg. Good player

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm seven episodes into Friday Night Lights and it's really fantastic.

edit: just to make this post futbol related: All I want is van Ginkel to heal faster and a serious bid made on Kurt Zouma.

Yes! Another FNL viewer. The show is really, really good. Don't be discouraged by the slight drop in quality in the next season. 3,4 and 5 are all very good tele.

Salvadora

I burnt out on FNL a few episodes into the fourth season.

It annoyed me how storylines and (some) characters were underdeveloped. I think I saw too many episodes in too short a period of time. Damn you, Netflix.

Mastadon

Banned
You won't know till he says no. It's all up to Costa. Money can be a big motivator. He's on a really low salary.

Is he? I thought his new contract he signed in the summer brought him up to a reasonable wage?

It's moot though. He knows he will be able to pick almost any club in the summer, so why on earth would he leave in January? Atleti are in the middle of an amazing season, and could achieve something truly special, plus it's a World Cup year, and he'll want to ensure he's impressing in Spain now he's declared for them.

Baki

Is he? I thought his new contract he signed in the summer brought him up to a reasonable wage?

It's moot though. He knows he will be able to pick almost any club in the summer, so why on earth would he leave in January? Atleti are in the middle of an amazing season, and could achieve something truly special, plus it's a World Cup year, and he'll want to ensure he's impressing in Spain now he's declared for them.

I agree with all your points. I think its very unlikely, but this is all conjecture from us. What is confirmed is that he does indeed have a release clause. The rest is up to him. For our sake, I hope we have some other targets lined up.

Here is a little surprise for you, Yurt.

Manchester United don't have an unlimited budget.

WE DO.

Hahahah Wedward. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom