• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

We are getting Costa. Chuba confirmed.
Don't do this to me.

I don't think £70 million kicks in until the summer, since it's only on the condition we fail to qualify for the CL.

If you want him in Jan, you're probably going to have to spend Bale money at least.

Fuck.

The Pedro links make sense now that Theo is out.

-----------Costa
Sanit Ozil Pedro
Ramsey Arteta

That'll do.

I need a time machine.

Walshy

I was surprised to see even Arseblog calling for Draxler to be bought in January.

He doesn't even play in Theo's positions and would be of no (relative) use :lol. We may as well buy another CAM.
Wouldn't you be best buying a similar player to Theo that gets goals from wide?

El Shaarawy might be a good shout, he seems to have not played much but I don't know what's gone on with him at Milan this season.

I don't think £70 million kicks in until the summer, since it's only on the condition we fail to qualify for the CL.

If you want him in Jan, you're probably going to have to spend Bale money at least.
The 70m clause doesn't exist, it comes from the Mail and the Mirror (john cross lol).

pulga

Banned
tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Oh you gooners.

Lightning

Banned
Because they have never seen him play. Draxler replaces Podolski. We don't need a Theo replacement. We need a Giroud replacement.
Draxler was a joke... and if you think I don't know where he plays or seen him play then you can do one.

Here's something that's not a joke, any Giroud backup we get is going to be a Berbatov like player. Old, cheap, short gap, gamble as they would need time to fit into Arsenal etc... we are not going to get anyone who is going to score us 10x goals. More than likely they would fall behind Bendtner in the pecking order.

Only Villa, Fulham, Coventry, Southampton to play before Bendtner is back. Not the hardest games.

Elchele

My overarching point was that if Arsenal went in for Reus, we'd have a good chance, might not be favorites, but our chances are far from non-existent.

Anyone with the money could have a chance. Hard to tell where he would prefer to go, surely in a place where he gets more money + being a starter.

I really wonder how you'd react if we managed to sign Draxler.

Why would I care? Good for you, I guess.

We have 4 German players at the club, located in London one of the best cities in the world, we have money and our revenue keeps increasing as the shitty commercial contracts that held us back have/or are expiring. If we miss out on him so be it, but our chances not non existent, that is a ridiculous statement you made. What will be the biggest factor is how we're doing in League and cup competitions.

Well, there's your problem.

wedward

Draxler was a joke... and if you think I don't know where he plays or seen him play then you can do one.

Here's something that's not a joke, any Giroud backup we get is going to be a Berbatov like player. Old, cheap, short gap, gamble as they would need time to fit into Arsenal etc... we are not going to get anyone who is going to score us 10x goals. More than likely they would fall behind Bendtner in the pecking order.

Only Villa, Fulham, Coventry, Southampton to play before Bendtner is back. Not the hardest games.

Wasn't specifically talking about you, Lightning. Mainly just twitter people.

FootballFan

MisterChiping: RMA 3-0 CEL (FT) - Cristiano scores the 400th goal of his professional career (in 653 games): SPO (5) + MNU (118) + RMA (230) + POR (47)

Beast.

I thought Ronaldo had scored more than that actually.

GOAT is on 375 goals with 510 games for example.

Which means he needs 25 goals in his next 143 games to equal CR7.

edit
Not to take away from Ronaldo's great achievement, behind behind GOAT is nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm just saying I thought he had scored more.

cremino

El Shaarawy might be a good shout, he seems to have not played much but I don't know what's gone on with him at Milan this season.

The 70m clause doesn't exist, it comes from the Mail and the Mirror (john cross lol).

El Shaarawy is injured

Salvadora

Long-term it makes sense, but at the moment he would be competing with Podolski, the Ox, Wilshere (lol) and even more on the left wing. Gnabry can even play there.

Doesn't make sense to spend huge amounts on an unnecessary player.

FootballFan

Could you imagine if Ronaldo doped himself too? Hnngggggggggg

You missed my edit lol

"Not to take away from Ronaldo's great achievement, being behind GOAT is nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm just saying I thought he had scored more."

What I mean by that is, I thought they were closer in the goals per game stat. But when you see Messi needs only 25 goals in 140+ games to be just equal, then you know for sure he will better it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reus is a product of their academy too

please understand

he won't pull a Gotze, I have faith in him.

Lightning

Banned
Long-term it makes sense, but at the moment he would be competing with Podolski, the Ox, Wilshere (lol) and even more on the left wing. Gnabry can even play there.
We can't play Wilshere on the wing. Wenger better have learned we can't play Ramsey twice a week, every week.. Wilshere and Ramsey need to rotate so we can at least minimize the risk of injury.

Gnabry and Ox on that wing should be plenty. Both players pretty strong, not the slowest players, can score some goals and get assists too. Podolski will likely be a mixture of left wing and centre forward once he gets back to full fitness and we move forward.

Meier

Oh shit at the Walcott news! Ouch. Well, Arsenal have to buy now.. of course, they'll probably just start Gnabry instead.

Salvadora

We can't play Wilshere on the wing. Wenger better have learned we can't play Ramsey twice a week, every week.. Wilshere and Ramsey need to rotate so we can at least minimize the risk of injury.

Gnabry and Ox on that wing should be plenty. Both players pretty strong, not the slowest players, can score some goals and get assists too. Podolski will likely be a mixture of left wing and centre forward once he gets back to full fitness and we move forward.
Overplaying Ramsey is entirely idiotic especially when considering our midfield depth.

Walshy

Doesn't make sense to spend huge amounts on an unnecessary player.
Maybe short-term you should try and get Shaqiri on loan?

Baki

Overplaying Ramsey is entirely idiotic especially when considering our midfield depth.

Yeah, I know. Ramsey and Ozil played every game until injury. Maybe Wenger likes playing people till injury so he can test them, Hodgson style. LMAO

GQman2121

Banned
Looks like De Bruyne will be a Wolfsberg player by the end of the week. Agent is in Abu Dhabi working out the offer.

Honestly, if he could find his form, Arsenal could do much worse.......

IceCold

I thought Ronaldo had scored more than that actually.

GOAT is on 375 goals with 510 games for example.

Which means he needs 25 goals in his next 143 games to equal CR7.

edit
Not to take away from Ronaldo's great achievement, behind behind GOAT is nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm just saying I thought he had scored more.

Well he did play a good chunk of his career as a purr winger.

Elchele

ESPN FC can now reveal that Bayern did indeed make a very significant offer -- not once, but twice. Rummenigge bid 31 million euros at the beginning of the summer, and both Dortmund and Lewandowski were officially told that the offer was still valid a couple of months later. Bayern were pushing but with time on their side, they didn't try a third time.

All of this still begs the question why Dortmund didn't simply cash in. Defiance in the face of Bayern's raid on their team was certainly a factor, as was sending a message: Dortmund did not want to be seen as a selling club. But there were more pragmatic reasons as well.

First, they hoped Lewandowski could still be sold abroad. There was a precedent: in 2011, Leverkusen's refusal to let Arturo Vidal move to Bayern had resulted in Juventus hijacking the deal and the player changing his mind. Dortmund must have felt that the Pole and his agents could be swayed in a similar manner. They thought: Why wait another year for Bayern -- and a big pay rise -- instead of moving to Spain or England immediately? But with Lewandowski and his camp not entering any negotiations with clubs other than Bayern, Dortmund made a decision that he'd be kept on for another year regardless.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bundesliga/id/392?cc=3888

See Yurt? It's all Juve's fault.

Elchele

Looks like De Bruyne will be a Wolfsberg player by the end of the week. Agent is in Abu Dhabi working out the offer.

Brilliant business by Wolfsburg then, Luiz Gustavo + De Bruyne. They could be contenders to win the EL next season

Baki

Not going to happen. They won't sell to us.

pulga

Banned
You cunts haven't watched Donnie Darko. You're worse than fry

about to watch Captain Phillips! Better be good, after all you slugs have hyped it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom