• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neymar's Numbers for anyone interested

57,1 to Santos
40 to Neymar
2,5 to Neymar's Foundation
6,5 bullshit fee for 3 Santos youngsters
17,6 p/y for 6 years, 40m guarantee
2,5m for playing where the coach wants (yeah it exists)

Also Rosell is still being investigated for accepting money from Teixeira (Brasil's ex Fed pres) for a Brasil Portugal match back in 2008, looks like he got 3,4 for tha friendly from CBF (Brazil's football fed)

The 40 to Neymar were given due to a pre-contract signed by the player-club, the clause stated Ney was to join Barsa at the end of his contract with Santos (2014) but if for some reason Ney joined another club he was to pay 40m - same with Barcelona if they made a move earlier than 2014 they were the ones paying, backpedal to 2013 3 clubs wanted Ney, a couple were even willing to pay for the 40m clause and 2x Neymar;s salary with Barca, so the club made a move, paid the 40m to Ney, negotiated with Santos for the 57,1 and the rest is history.

Rosell is crook, I am a barcelona fan, not a fan of this type of bs thou.

but he's 21 and dat marketability...

edit:
Too bad Neymar owns 100% of his image rights.....

but he's....21

GQman2121

Banned

57,1 to Santos
40 to Neymar

Also Rosell is still being investigated for accepting money from Teixeira (Brasil's ex Fed pres) for a Brasil Portugal match back in 2008, looks like he got 3,4 for tha friendly from CBF (Brazil's football fed)

The 40 to Neymar were given due to a pre-contract signed by the player-club, the clause stated Ney was to join Barsa at the end of his contract with Santos (2014) but if for some reason Ney joined another club he was to pay 40m - same with Barcelona if they made a move earlier than 2014 they were the ones paying, backpedal to 2013 3 clubs wanted Ney, a couple were even willing to pay for the 40m clause and 2x Neymar;s salary with Barca, so the club made a move, paid the 40m to Ney, negotiated with Santos for the 57,1 and the rest is history.

rafael_huhlwjn0.gif

I remember Florentino saying that getting Neymar would cost Madrid €150M, people laughed at him, but he clearly know what he was talking about.
think it was at El Larguero where he said that and they asked him more about it, and he said he couldnt say more due to confidence clauses.

Now this is the tip of the iceberg, Santos has a pretty good case, because Barcelona negotiated with a player way before his contract expired, apperently the pre-contract was signed in 2012. Also Neymar image rights were transfer completely to N&N (Ney's dad) where a lot of this cash dissappeared).

IMO this goes beyond Rosell, and Neymar may be targeted next for tax evasion.

Meier

Kindles don't use paper.

Can someone explain what Jack of Fables is? I noticed it when I bought Storybook Love yesterday. Is it spinoff or is that what Fables eventually evolves to? (I would google but I don't want spoilers)

It's a spin-off that focuses on the character Jack. It debuted about 5 years or so after Fables started.

All this time, I thought it was Jack of the Fables. I've only read about the first 20 chapters or so.. it ran a total of 50.

Oh I forgot we still havent added the 4,5 paid to Santos for the Gamper trophy, and the other 4,5 for a match to be played in Brasil. This money however wasnt part of the official transfer but part of the agreement with Santos lol

Getting good

Danchi

I remember Guillem Balague use to talk about the pre-agreement Barca had with Santos/Neymar a year or two back. Whenever another club was mentioned, he would say Barca already had a downpayment that was visible in their financial statements.

Sometimes when a player you want is available you have to just pay the extra couple of hundred million to get the deal done I guess

:p

'Oh yeah, I also want Dani Alves to walk my dog at 11:27AM every other Sunday. And Jordi Alba has to change my water filters ever 18 days.'

i personally think 150€ million is good value given the hilarious diving gifs you get in return.

time to retire this beauty:

0Bqml3M.png

and make one with Adnan.

K1LLER7

57,1 to Santos
40 to Neymar

Guessing Rooney wanted that same £££ for playing wherever the manager wanted him to :p

2.5m for something like that.smh.

Meier

What a ridiculously convoluted deal

What makes it more convoluted is that Santos only owned a very small portion of his economic rights. DIS owned 40% of his economic rights but only received their 40% cut from the 17.1m that Santos got rather than 40% of the public amount of 57.1m. Santos I think only owned about 10-20% of his rights total so they got very, very little from it all told.

I think that's the main reason they were willing initially to just let his contract run down since they knew they weren't getting much anyway.

I remember Guillem Balague use to talk about the pre-agreement Barca had with Santos/Neymar a year or two back. Whenever another club was mentioned, he would say Barca already had a downpayment that was visible in their financial statements.

Yeah, the Barca financial statements had a line item that discussed "future transfer fees" or something but it didn't specify on what or who it was in reference to. As I recall, it reflected the 10m that they paid in advance to secure his signature.

yup 10m euros back in 2011 and another 7,5 in 2012

Neymar also got 8,5 as a sign in bonus.

He also gets 750K for qualifying to the CL
600K per trophy or 1.7 for all 3.
He doesnt need to play all games, he only needs to play 60% of minutes; if he doesnt play more than 60% he would still get half of those amounts.

What makes it more convoluted is that Santos only owned a very small portion of his economic rights. DIS owned 40% of his economic rights but only received their 40% cut from the 17.1m that Santos got rather than 40% of the public amount of 57.1m. Santos I think only owned about 10-20% of his rights total so they got very, very little from it all told.

I think that's the main reason they were willing initially to just let his contract run down since they knew they weren't getting much anyway.

Yeah, the Barca financial statements had a line item that discussed "future transfer fees" or something but it didn't specify on what or who it was in reference to. As I recall, it reflected the 10m that they paid in advance to secure his signature.

Jesus

Here's the wages we'll offer you with bonuses
Here's the fee we'll offer the club with extras for appearances and stuff

Done. Fuck this third-party rubbish, getting rid of that is the best thing the FA have done for decades

yeah that was shady too

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yup 10m euros back in 2011 and another 7,5 in 2012

Neymar also got 8,5 as a sign in bonus.

He also gets 750K for qualifying to the CL
600K per trophy or 1.7 for all 3.
He doesnt need to play all games, he only needs to play 60% of minutes; if he doesnt play more than 60% he would still get half of those amounts.

you know what's really sad about all of this?

He's not even that good.

Linius

So, how much more midfielders is Chelsea gonna buy?

Van Ginkel if you read this, just leave asap while you can, you're never gonna make it in that hell hole.

pulga

Banned

57,1 to Santos
40 to Neymar

HAAAAA CALLED THAT ONE

unfuckingbelievable that it exists. HOW. isnt the player supposed to do so anyway?!

Jesus

Here's the wages we'll offer you with bonuses
Here's the fee we'll offer the club with extras for appearances and stuff

Done. Fuck this third-party rubbish, getting rid of that is the best thing the FA have done for decades

If they didn't then the famed Liverpool transfer committee would never be able to wrap up a transfer. Window is not long enough.

Meier

you know what's really sad about all of this?

He's not even that good.

Well.. he IS pretty fucking good. But is he worth what they paid and all the underhanded shit they went through? No. Obviously not if we're just talking on the pitch stuff. However, they were thinking long term and marketability and his sort of spiritual successor to Messi in terms of being the face of their club. The marketing/revenue side of things won out in the end.

His salary being so high though without ever having played a minute in a real league is pretty stunning. I knew it was around 11m but I figured that was pre-tax and not post-tax.

Wes

venison crêpe
@sidlowe 4m
So I chose a good day to be away doing a different story, eh?

@_PaulHayward 6m
"Rosell quits as Barcelona president amid Neymar probe: 'My time here has come to an end.'" He sounds like Aslan.

The guy Sunderland just signed? Is he that highly rated?
He was the star defender during Newells run to the championship during Martino's time; he is good, dominant in the air; I think he will do well in the EPL. He was more of a bargain option than a AAA defender.

Suen

yeah from Saint Ettienne, Atleti paid some decent money for him, but Cholo hasnt given many chances so far.
Well the players they have been using have done a splendid job so far in the season so I can see why a younger player would have a hard time breakin in. It's good to give them CDR play time at least, no league risks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well.. he IS pretty fucking good. But is he worth what they paid and all the underhanded shit they went through? No. Obviously not if we're just talking on the pitch stuff. However, they were thinking long term and marketability and his sort of spiritual successor to Messi in terms of being the face of their club. The marketing/revenue side of things won out in the end.

His salary being so high though without ever having played a minute in a real league is pretty stunning. I knew it was around 11m but I figured that was pre-tax and not post-tax.

but

he owns 100% of his image rights

what now Meier

tell me

GQman2121

Banned
Just saw this and had a laugh. I love the art. The song that accompanies the clip is not very good though.

mata_on_the_benchbpj4v.gif

Also, as far as Neymar, I don't blame him and his camp at all for seeing what they could get away with. I am shocked that a club the size of Barca would commit so much to a player that is largely untested against consistent top talent. But I suppose it is La Liga and it's a squad made up of the worlds best players already. It's not like they'll be reprimanded in anyway. Rosell is falling on that sword.

Well the players they have been using have done a splendid job so far in the season so I can see why a younger player would have a hard time breakin in. It's good to give them CDR play time at least, no league risks.
I think he is still not as disciplined as Suarez or Tiago, but once Tiago leaves he will be second for the Defensive Mid position.

Right now everything Cholo does or touches is gold, so its hard to judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom