• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

As long as United don't go for Lucien Favre I'll be happy with ending the Moyes brigade.

Why do that though?

Moyes is having the time of his life. Such conflicting emotions he must be going through right now, like a masochist does with pleasure and pain.

L1NETT

As Ogden says, its very worrying that Moyes can't identify players to bring in this window. Either he's going for the very best players who'd be very hard to sign, or he thinks the squad he currently has is better than players he could sign this Jan. We've lost 4 out of 5 this month.

@bolded. He would have a list of targets and the issue is if United can get them. Seems as though they can't. Plus a healthy dosage of media bullshit compounding the issue.

If you don't trust Moyes to pick the right players then you have to change your manager. But might be more Woodward than the former.

Also, if there is a limited wage budget then you may as well have an ikea chair as manager, cause without RVP or Rooney fit Jesus Christ couldn't turn that lot around,

RVP and Rooney are monumental players, without them you are midtable. RVP carried you last year.

//shrug

pulga

Banned
I9wMoEI.gif

ibe2Sdiv03u6yK.png

5EmAALX.gif

H7bIKlW.png

CPfjKIW.gif

dwgirIQ.png

Ashes

Banned
If Everton win tomorrow then United are 8 pts behind top 4, correct?

Even a team playing well and getting results would struggle to bridge that gap without a lot of luck. Would require 2 losses and 2 draws (or 3 losses) from the team in 4th, and United to win every game between now and the end of the season. I suspect tomorrow might be the decider for United's CL hopes.

It's possible. Everyone will drop points. Just have to make sure we don't. :/

dc89

If any UnitedGAF want to join CityGAF I will put a little welcome package together for you.

- Jersey with printing of your choice.
- Tour of the Etihad by a City legend.
- Manchester City - The Champions - 2011/12 Season on DVD or Blu Ray
- Manchester City Monopoly
- Complimentary PR lessons

Barzul

I think Arsenal's title challenge depends on them getting knocked out of all other competitions, they always finish strongly when they're only playing one PL game a week.

I'd honestly give up CL if it means the league. Good thing we got Coventry in the cup. We've also been pretty lucky with injury this season where we actually have replacements getting fit when injuries occur as seen with Chamberlain/Walcott, Flamini/Arteta, Wilshere/Ramsey, Gibbs/Monreal.

If any UnitedGAF want to join CityGAF I will put a little welcome package together for you.

What about a sense of awe?

Marc

- Ticket from London
- Singing lessons
- A wash

:)

GHG

How do players restrain themselves from just punching players in the face when they've nearly had their legs snapped?

You don't.... We'll not in Sunday league anyway.

I'm sure words and more would be exchanged in the tunnel after Rafael's tackle at the end there.

You never played Sunday league?

Not even close bruv

Casual 5-a-side on a 3G pitch is as serious as I've ever gone :p

Does it really happen a lot in amateur football? I've played against friends who throw their weight around too much and go in way too hard considering that they're just matches between friends, but I've never seen a potential leg-breaker in real life.

Hixx

Moyes should use that slow motion of Mourinho and Probert smiling as irrefutable evidence of a refereeing conspiracy against Manchester United.

Not even close bruv

Does it really happen a lot in amateur football? I've played against friends who throw their weight around too much and go in way too hard considering that they're just matches between friends, but I've never seen a potential leg-breaker in real life.

Man when I used to play 5 a side, even people slamming each other into walls would end up in handbags.

dc89

I'm really looking forward to that game.

I'm gonna be really anxious. I thought Arsenal and then Liverpool would be our biggest challengers at home this season. But Chelsea are just so steely. I don't think we can score 3/4 goals that game that's for sure.

GHG

Not even close bruv

I've seen one of my team mates legs snapped right in front of me at university level a few years back. Punch ups ensued.

dc89

Got two little bets tonight.

Barca game over 3.5 goals
PSG game over 1.5 goals
Atletico over 1.5 goals

Barca Win
Atletico Win
PSG Win

Carbonox

Not even close bruv

5-a-side can be pretty fucking manic too, at least in my town. I've witnessed a shit ton of brawls. Doesn't help that a lot of people who play 5-a-side that I've seen are known cunts who love a fight. :lol

Amateur Football is quite brutal at times. You have zero care for the opposition so you're more inclined to go in.

I play as a CB and I've put in my fair share of nasty shit, though my timing is pretty good for the most part. Well-timed sliding challenges get my adrenaline going big time. :p Nawt more satisfying.

One match I played in, one of my team-mates slid in on his butch lad and the guy turned around and DDT'd him. Funniest shit ever.

Team we played today, they were playing on the pitch next to us the other week and there was a mass brawl there too. Turns out an opposition player called the linesman's wife a whore and it erupted from there.

Sunday League rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom