• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

yEOHk0E.png

Walshy

I think the players we approached are the right type of player. We need to look at signing top players.

Fellaini wasn't necessarily a bad idea (the way we went about signing him was shit of course), no one would've guessed he'd lose form this drastically.
It is when you are overloaded with attacking midfielders and then buy another one. Fellaini has played all his best football at Everton in an attacking role, he doesn't offer what you need in a deeper role.

You do need to look at signing top players but some of the suggestions being branded about at the time where ridiculous. Cesc? Ronaldo? Lewandowski?

United have always bought established players from the EPL or rough diamonds/talents from abroad. They've never bought superstars, maybe Veron at the time if that counts.

Lightning

Banned
We need to finish in the top 4 if we want a chance to get these supposed top players Moyes has targeted.
Arsenal fans know this feeling. You will finish in the top 4. How many times were we written off? At worst it will be 7 points. 7 points is nothing. You've now got Chelsea and Spurs games out of the way. Beat the lower teams you're in the top 4.

K1LLER7

Arsenal fans know this feeling. You will finish in the top 4. How many times were we written off? At worst it will be 7 points. 7 points is nothing. You've now got Chelsea and Spurs games out of the way. Beat the lower teams you're in the top 4.
If we can get RVP and Rooney playing together from now till the end of the season I would be more confident. However, there's no news on how long it'll be till they return.

Some of these cunts retired when Fergie did.

Moyes is going to be the manager for some time yet so get used to it. Our squad is poor and it needs work.

Makes zero sense to sack him.

If you don't think he's the right man to rebuild that's fine and I can see why you might feel that way, but he's the man who is going to do it so get behind him or get fucked.

Yen

Moyes is going to be the manager for some time yet so get used to it. Our squad is poor and it needs work.

If you don't think he's the right man to rebuild that's fine and I can see why you might feel that way, but he's the man who is going to do it so get behind him or get fucked.

5 and a half more years of this? Yesss!

Wait so because the board are too stupid/cheap to sack him we have to back him or we're bad supporters? I support the football club, not David Moyes or the board's skewed sensibilities. I want the club to succeed, not see us stick with a mistake because it would make us look fickle in the eyes of others. Fuck that noise.

Clegg

I think Evra and Rio gave up when Fergie left. Now they're just staying to collect their wages. Vidic is trying but he's not as good as he used to be. And that red card was all on him. Let the club down with that one.

Wait so because the board are too stupid/cheap to sack him we have to back him or we're bad supporters? I support the football club, not David Moyes or the board's skewed sensibilities.
You don't have to like him.

But yes you should support him.

There may come a time when enough is enough and at that point being against him will be more than fair enough.

But we aren't there yet, so yeah, until then if you don't wanna support him, I don't see that as supporting the club.

Wait so because the board are too stupid/cheap to sack him we have to back him or we're bad supporters? I support the football club, not David Moyes or the board's skewed sensibilities.

You're having the exact same arguments we had with Hodgson in charge. I'd personally give him the summer, since these players aren't going to get much better just because they have a different manager, unless its a Klopp or a Guardiola.

The complaints about his tactics are completely valid though

Draconian

Well, on one hand, we got a great result today, but United's defending was absolutely dire. Eto'o practically put Jones on his knees on the first goal, was completely unmarked on the second, and Cahill was unmarked on the third. The bad thing is that even if de Gea makes a save on the second goal, Ivanovic is completely unmarked too and he would've had an easy tap in. An embarrassing display by Vidic and Rafael (should've been sent off too) at the end. United should be competitive once RVP and Rooney come back, but how long is that going to be? The defending is woeful, and the countless crosses never lead to anything.

Anyway, I understand Mou wanting to call off the dogs at 3-0, but there were a few too many good chances for United in the last 20 minutes for my liking. I'm not especially disappointed at the lack of a clean sheet, because it was an excellent goal and keeping clean sheets will always be difficult.

I have to admit when I saw Eto'o in the starting lineup, I facepalmed, but today was the first time I've seen him in sync with the rest of the midfield. Well done. Hazard and Willian (once he stopped giving it away in the first half) were particularly good as well.

You don't have to like him.

But yes you should support him.

There may come a time when enough is enough and at that point being against him will be more than fair enough.

But we aren't there yet, so yeah, until then if you don't wanna support him, I don't see that as supporting the club.

But as I said earlier, do you think more time will fix the fact that he's tactically inept, isn't getting performances out of 80% of the players and is slow as molasses to react to the transfer market?

I love the club and I think he's actively harming it.

Literally 10 splitseconds from potentially ending Cahill's career. If he'd tried to move the ball back infield and moved his leg in front of the ball, he'd be in hospital right now

The end result is almost irrelevant with those challenges imo, complete disregard for the safety of his fellow professional.

in news that will make everyone in this community happy, Benfica won 2-0 and maintains the lead over Porto and Sporting.

14 fixtures to go, we win, we celebrate, we fire Jesus, we beat Juve in the EL final.

But as I said earlier, do you think more time will fix the fact that he's tactically inept, isn't getting performances out of 80% of the players and is slow as molasses to react to the transfer market?

I love the club and I think he's actively harming it.
Moyes needs to do better, agreed. But yeah I think he will do better with more time and with the players he wants.

6 months isn't enough time, this is a massive task.

Has nothing to do with how other fans see us either. Don't give a fuck what other fans think. You don't sack someone until they get a fair shot.

Literally 10 splitseconds from potentially ending Cahill's career. If he'd tried to move the ball back infield and moved his leg in front of the ball, he'd be in hospital right now

The end result is almost irrelevant with those challenges imo, complete disregard for the safety of his fellow professional.
He's a cunt. Said it before and it holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom