• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Hannibal Season 2 Trailer *Beware of spoilers*:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPi4ytN19Ow

i cant

pls save me

RyzeWiR.gif

fuck the police this is tv at its finest

RobbieH

The blame lies entirely on Fergie. He knew how weak this squad was. Instead of trying to build something he papered over the cracks with RVP.

Indeed. Some absolutely dreadful transfer business since ~2007 coupled with the appalling treatment of Pogba and watching every other top team in Europe buy central midfielders left, right and centre for reasonable fees while touting the "there's no value in the market". Some transfers didn't work out like Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson, and Jones has time to develop but about £140m was spent on Manucho, Possebon, Tosic, Berbatov, Obertan, Diouf, Valencia, Smalling, Bebe, Young, Buttner, Henriquez, Powell, Zaha, Varela and Fellaini.

2 points and goal difference away from 7 leagues in a row, and 3 CL finals in 4 years makes it a bit revisionist to say a lot of that business hasn't worked but look at where the squad is now and the challenge that lies ahead fixing it. VDS, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ronaldo and Rooney were all bought before 2007, plus Neville, Scholes, Fletcher and Giggs formed the core of that squad. Neville, Scholes and VDS retired; Fletcher was decimated by his illness; Rio, Vidic, Evra and Giggs are just about finished; Ronaldo is gone; Carrick and Rooney are left. Take them out and this is what, for example, the CL final squads look like:

2008 final: Brown, Hargreaves, Tevez. O'Shea, Silvestre, Anderson, Nani.
2009 final: O'Shea, Anderson, Park. Rafael, Evans, Nani, Berbatov, Tevez.
2011 final: Fabio, Valencia, Park, Hernandez. Smalling, Anderson, Nani, Owen.

Then the players who have left since:

2008 final: Subs - Nani.
2009 final: Subs - Rafael, Evans, Nani.
2011 final: Fabio, Valencia, Hernandez. Subs - Smalling, Nani.

This new squad is a shambles.

Great tackle.
Not sure if serious. But, Chelsea fan an all, I don't really get bothered by tackles like that. Two footed, sure. Could have been dangerous, but he got the ball and who's to say it wasn't his incredible timing? I know people don't like those types of tackles because they're potentially dangerous, but so are loads of tackles. Given how refs call them it's a red. I personally don't mind those types of challenges though, as long as they come off.

You're having the exact same arguments we had with Hodgson in charge. I'd personally give him the summer, since these players aren't going to get much better just because they have a different manager, unless its a Klopp or a Guardiola.

The complaints about his tactics are completely valid though

Tactics can make players look even worse though so a new manager can make these players look much better.

Kikarian

Not sure if serious. But, Chelsea fan an all, I don't really get bothered by tackles like that. Two footed, sure. Could have been dangerous, but he got the ball and who's to say it wasn't his incredible timing? I know people don't like those types of tackles because they're potentially dangerous, but so are loads of tackles. Given how refs call them it's a red. I personally don't mind those types of challenges though, as long as they come off.
It was a good and bad tackle. He won the ball. But lucky he didn't catch Cahill's leg.

At least he shown a little determination unlike any other of the cunts in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom