• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

VIM7fVZ.png

Yassin Ayoub, so good even his ballsack has a great first touch.

Nyx

I believe we come pay you guys a visit in two weeks. That's three easy points for Utrecht :p

Nah, it will be a walkover for Ajax if our defence stays the same.

There's also a possibility that the game will be without supporters due to the fights on the stands yesterday.

Mastadon

Banned
Ilori has gone on loan to Granada. Be interesting to see how he does.

Liverpool v Arsenal u21's in 20 minutes. Looks like Chamberlain is playing.

if United had Garay the last 2 goals from Eto would never happen.

he would be the man marking Eto inside the box in the second and the one jumping with Cahill in the third.

Garay

garay2stxkt.gif

Ezequiel Garay

garay6f9zkw.gif

GorillaJu

Ribery's comments are great. I'm sure it'd be business as usual if he said some nonsense about how he's honored to have been on the short list, he just wants to help the team and doesn't care about individual plaudits, etc.

Much more honest... and he's fucking right, isn't he? How one wins the Ballon d'Or when you don't actually win anything with your team is beyond me. If you're just voting for who the best footballer in the world is regardless of achievement, then the answer is Lionel Messi.

Ribery's comments are great. I'm sure it'd be business as usual if he said some nonsense about how he's honored to have been on the short list, he just wants to help the team and doesn't care about individual plaudits, etc.

Much more honest... and he's fucking right, isn't he? How one wins the Ballon d'Or when you don't actually win anything with your team is beyond me. If you're just voting for who the best footballer in the world is regardless of achievement, then the answer is Lionel Messi.

Not this again FFS.

Jack cw

I agree with this. We should rather give Balon d'Or to the best youtube skill video instead.
Individual class needs to result in titles, your team winning it, otherwise its just fancy art nobody cares about. Wasted potential.

And the team of the year is truly embarrassing, but its more politics than actual sport, anyway.

you're wrong about Lesnar, you're wrong about this... how many times can you be wrong about something, Morsel?

Of course Ribery is pissed that he didn't win it. Let's face it, this year was his chance to win it. Messi had a "bad" year, Ronaldo/Real didn't win anything, Bayern won everything and there was no WC/Euro in which France fucked up.

Ribery is 30 and all of that at once will not happen again in his career. Do I understand why Ribery is pissed? Sure. Did he really deserve it? Might be. Did Ronaldo deserve it? For sure. End of the story.

Jack cw

Of course Ribery is pissed that he didn't win it. Let's face it, this year was his chance to win it. Messi had a "bad" year, Ronaldo/Real didn't win anything, Bayern won everything and there was no WC/Euro in which France fucked up.

Ribery is 30 and all of that at once will not happen again in his career. Do I understand why Ribery is pissed? Sure. Did he really deserve it? Might be. Did Ronaldo deserve it? For sure. End of the story.

Nice Milch, never thought this would be coming from you :)
You're still a cunt, though.

bjaelke

I'm so confused!

@Arsenal: We'll bring you all the key moments from London Colney. Kick-off is at 1.30pm (UK time)

Is that referring to a different match?

Nah, apparently they're not broadcasting it live. Should be available later tonight.

Liverpool FC U18/U21 @LFC_reserves
U21s play Arsenal tomorrow at 1:30pm away at their training ground. Game is set to be played behind closed doors so may not be televised

Oxx

Maybe I need to read the Ballon D'or small-print. How can there be this much disagreement about how it should be interpreted?

It's an individual award for a specific year. Why should team achievements matter? It shouldn't matter if Messi is the goat if he is eclipsed in that particular year.

That team of the year is a joke, though.

Kikarian

I liked the ending :p

Jack cw

Maybe I need to read the Ballon D'or small-print. How can there be this much disagreement about how it should be interpreted?

It's an individual award for a specific year. Why should team achievements matter? It shouldn't matter if Messi is the goat if he is eclipsed in that particular year.

Because this isnt some circus were the daftest clown wins.
Its still a team sport and the individual skill needs to boost the team to win something. How can someone be GOAT if he hasnt won anything? This isnt Golf or Tennis.

Yen

Nah, apparently they're not broadcasting it live. Should be available later tonight.

Liverpool FC U18/U21 @LFC_reserves
U21s play Arsenal tomorrow at 1:30pm away at their training ground. Game is set to be played behind closed doors so may not be televised
Ward  Sama Jones Rafa Smith Rossiter Lussey Dunn Texiera Peterson Ngoo

Mersin McQuire Brannigan Bijev

Ashes

Banned
Because this isnt some circus were the daftest clown wins.
Its still a team sport and the individual skill needs to boost the team to win something. How can someone be GOAT if he hasnt won anything? This isnt Golf or Tennis.

By being better than the individuals in the team that did win something? :p

sorry. I had to. ;)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think I have worked it out, Chelsea wont sell Mata to a competitor, they also wont play him, Moyes grand plan is to have such a bad season that we are no longer competitors, including "losing" to Chelsea so we can secure Mata in the summer.

Moyes you devil

justjohn

I think I have worked it out, Chelsea wont sell Mata to a competitor, they also wont play him, Moyes grand plan is to have such a bad season that we are no longer competitors, including "losing" to Chelsea so we can secure Mata in the summer.

Moyes you devil

He's really not worth it.

Moyes you devil

You can have Moses and Marin when they return from loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom