• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Wilbz was just saying this morning "this should shut you cunts up about Ozil for five minutes" lol ;(

As much as I love Santi, I'd much rather have Mata than Santi which would have been the case if we hadn't fucked up that transfer for whatever reason. Our only choice is to now buy Kagawa from United and fulfill his potential.

WJD

It's only a bid, it's only a bid, it's only a bid...

Chelsea still have to accept...

Wait, why are my pants so crusty?

Manchester United have made a bid in the region of £35m for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata.
Mata, 25, has been linked with a move from Stamford Bridge having not held down a regular starting place since Jose Mourinho returned as manager.
United deny making an official offer, but an initial bid has been tabled through intermediaries acting on behalf of the Premier League champions.
Mata did not train with Chelsea's first team on Wednesday.
More to follow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25849959

Up on BBC now. The bolded part is interesting. Does that mean Woodward isn't doing the negotiations?

TeddyBoy

If Mata goes to United, it'll be a massive momentum swing back for them. United with Rooney and Van Persie back is a force to be feared.

Although they still don't seem to be strengthening CM which needs to be fixed much more urgently than the wings (assuming Rooney stays as a CAM).

WJD

These are not ideal fucking conditions for me to doing 1000 words of a Human Rights assignment that's in for tomorrow.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I know Mou loves to troll but this is taking it a bit far. Selling United your best player just to show how irrelevant you think they are? It's taking an awful risk.

Are Chelsea going to buy any attacking players this window? With KDB and now Mata out the door, it's just Schurrle backing up 3 positions.

Fergie

Banned
YES ED.
QAsjDLg.png

watch it not happen

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
P2hsks0.png

Not been this excited since we signed Van Persie

dalVlatko

If Oscar or Hazard gets injured we are fucked

Maybe Mou wants to switch to a 4-3-3.

--------------Eto'o/Torres/Ba
Hazard/Schurrle--------Oscar/Willian
Ramires---------------------Matic
---------------Mikel/Luiz
Azpilicueta/Cole----Terry---Cahill-----Ivanovic

Yeah, but it's not as if other teams won't have money to spend in the Summer. Maybe someone like Atletico and Napoli couldn't front €40m, but €10m less without strengthening a future rival seems a small loss to a club like Chelsea. It's a great deal for Utd, but it seems incredibly short-sighted from Chelsea.

I also don't think Mata necessarily has to play as a no. 10 either. Assuming Moyes is prepared to distance himself from playing with traditional wingers anyway (not because it's 'outdated', but because his best players aren't suited to playing in that style).

I fucking hope so. Young and Valencia had better be done. Playing traditional wingers can be outsourced to Gary Neville's nostalgic daydreams.

Randdalf

I wonder what Mourinho's strategy here is. Giving a player like Mata to Man Utd could only rejuvinate them and make them a more challenging competitor in years to come. I can only suspect this is part of Operation: Get Rooney.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we sign Mata and get 4th place ill consider this a successful season

If Oscar or Hazard gets injured we are fucked

Maybe Mou wants to switch to a 4-3-3.

--------------Eto'o/Torres/Ba
Hazard/Schurrle--------Oscar/Willian
Ramires---------------------Matic
---------------Mikel/Luiz
Azpilicueta/Cole----Terry---Cahill-----Ivanovic

This is why it is stupid. We can't win the league if one of Hazard or Oscar gets injured and there is no way we will find a good striker in the January transfer window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom