• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Finally. Get the shotgun, time to take Dawson out back.

No way. I don't know about you but I'll never forget how Modibo Maiga made a fool of Chiriches in the air. With Negredo we cannot have a CB pairing where both are shite under high balls (Vertonghen couldn't even handle Winston fucking Reid). Dawson is guaranteed to start against City and has been playing well recently. Chiriches has done a good job and showed huge promise but he's not going to take Dawson's spot. Having two fancy ball playing CBs is asking for trouble, we need one brute and one to bring the ball out.

LegoArmo

I wonder what Mourinho's strategy here is. Giving a player like Mata to Man Utd could only rejuvinate them and make them a more challenging competitor in years to come. I can only suspect this is part of Operation: Get Rooney.

Mourinho, unlike Guardiola, wants a challenge. That's a good explanation.

dc89

Third Party.

ZDYsuEw.jpg

YES!! YESSSSSS!!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is why it is stupid. We can't win the league if one of Hazard or Oscar gets injured and there is no way we will find a good striker in the January transfer window!

After consideration I would be willing to give you Danny Welbeck

Thank me with the league title

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ozil has gone missing in every big game this season, Mata does not seem to do this, or at least not in prior seasons.

Ashes

Banned
Mourinhos playing the long game. He knows Glazers and the Utd board are more patient than Abramovich. He'll get fired next season when he comes second in the league to city.
Moyes will stay on if he qualifies top 3. Come 7th next season, and mourinho gets the united job for a long long time.

/fan fic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Ozil at Madrid was a defensive minded AM?

Ozil had a turbulent relationship with Mou back in Madrid, for the same reasons. He's a lazy cunt who disappears in big games.

Fuck, just ask Madrid GAF.

PULGA

WHERE YOU AT HOMIE

Ushojax

If Rooney, RVP and Mata play most of the remaining league games you have to give United a chance for 4th. It depends on how willing Moyes is to expose his weaker links. A front 4 of those 3 plus Januzaj sounds nice but how much protection is it going to give Evra and Rafael? How much donkey work are people like Carrick going to do? I'm curious to see how Moyes would set his side up without wingers.

At the very least, talk of a world class signing should guarantee a good atmosphere at Old Trafford tonight.

wedward

Ozil has gone missing in every big game this season, Mata does not seem to do this, or at least not in prior seasons.

He has been in the league for 5 months. Christ.

Man U fans still don't consider Shinjury a flop after having been invisible for a season and a half.

Larson

Banned
I seriously can't see why Chelsea would sell their best player too one of their biggest rivals, but who cares, we are getting Mata.

Mr Cola

He has been in the league for 5 months. Christ.

Man U fans still don't consider Shinjury a flop after having been invisible for a season and a half.

I have been saying it consistently for a year, to the chagrin of those around me, Kagawa has done nothing to earn a spot in the team.

Also Ozil being anonymous in big games isnt this season, so far as I am aware it has always been his character.

Meier

Oscar made 53 tackles in 15 starts

53 fucking tackles.

Every time I watch them, he plays way bigger than his size. Impressive player.

Mata is one of the best players in the league -- that Chelsea couldn't find a buyer abroad seems absolutely crazy to me.. I think this is a very short-sighted move and one I'm not happy about in the slightest bit.

Ushojax

ESPN saying if the Mata deal gets done we will try for Gundogan in a Kagawa plus cash deal.

lol

pls

make it so

A player who's:

1. Injured
2. Never played in the PL

...is not going to help United finish 4th. That would be a silly signing in this window.

Showaddy

No way. I don't know about you but I'll never forget how Modibo Maiga made a fool of Chiriches in the air. With Negredo we cannot have a CB pairing where both are shite under high balls (Vertonghen couldn't even handle Winston fucking Reid). Dawson is guaranteed to start against City and has been playing well recently. Chiriches has done a good job and showed huge promise but he's not going to take Dawson's spot. Having two fancy ball playing CBs is asking for trouble, we need one brute and one to bring the ball out.

Hghhmmm ok I can wait until Kaboul's consistently fit and Cardiff go down so we hit Caulker's buy back clause.

Dawson is playing ok but that's only compared to his recent abysmal standards,just to many screw ups from him this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's ignore Oscar's MASSIVE defensive contribution for a second and let's look at his goals and assists

7 goals and 5 assists

Ozil? 5 goals and 9 assists. Two assists on Stoke, two on Cardiff and one against City in a 6-3 loss. One goal on Hull and two on Norwich.

WELP

Danchi

Maybe "defensive minded AM" isn't the best way to put it, but I agree with Yurt that Mourinho has shown he wants as many of his front four to be able to press from the front and track back (I'd say Willian and Oscar do it on a consistent basis). At Arsenal, only one of the front midfield three do it (Walcott, or Rosicky if he isn't playing), but Giroud makes up for the other (Ozil is Arshavin-level of useless in his own half).

Outside of Rooney, how much work will the Utd frontline do?

wedward

Let's ignore Oscars MASSIVE defensive contribution for a second and let's look at his goals and assists

7 goals and 5 assists

Ozil? 5 goals and 9 assists. Two on Stoke, two on Cardiff and one against City in a 6-3 loss. One goal on Hull and two on Norwich.

WELP

Do we not count goals and assists vs shit teams?

Does anyone on Juve have a goal or assist then?

Meier

Wait, so Inter are now going to sell Ranocchia (to Dortmund)? What is going on there? I thought Thohir was going to provide them with more cash.. why are they trying to sell their best players?

Jarnet87

ESPN saying if the Mata deal gets done we will try for Gundogan in a Kagawa plus cash deal.

lol

pls

make it so

I thought gundogan is hurt, is any chance he plays this season? Take Shinji + Nani + loads of cash = Vidal. For some reason they are always linked with Nani, they can use Shinji for marketing, and that fat cash.

Mr Cola

Someone on Redcafe just said SSN said we can have Mata if we loan him back to Chelsea for the remainder of the season.

Unverified, but that would be Mourinhos trolling at work

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait, so Inter are now going to sell Ranocchia (to Dortmund)? What is going on there? I thought Thohir was going to provide them with more cash.. why are they trying to sell their best players?

Speaking of which..

Inter (or some paper??) was saying that Mirko failed his medical, and now he's going to sue them for lying LOL

Mirko's agent "We distance ourselves from certain malice, which is invented & without foundation.

"On Monday, Mirko proved his fitness to the doctors, then on Tuesday I was at the headquarters of Inter to prepare contracts. This is a clear & blatant proof of the success of the medical visits.

"We are planning to protect ourselves & to take legal action against those who put out these falsehoods."

Slizz

Someone on Redcafe just said SSN said we can have Mata if we loan him back to Chelsea for the remainder of the season.

Incredible if true, then Mou and Mata come to United next season.

TrueBlue

As sort of hillarious that would be, it would render the entire transfer moot. Might as well just wait until the summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
oh fuck Mirko's agent was talking about SKY!

YES! SUE THEM!

Maybe "defensive minded AM" isn't the best way to put it, but I agree with Yurt that Mourinho has shown he wants as many of his front four to be able to press from the front and track back (I'd say Willian and Oscar do it on a consistent basis). At Arsenal, only one of the front midfield three do it (Walcott, or Rosicky if he isn't playing), but Giroud makes up for the other (Ozil is Arshavin-level of useless in his own half).

Outside of Rooney, how much work will the Utd frontline do?

Thanks! That was my point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom