• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

he doesn't own the Galaxy, he owns the Colorado team.

I have no idea if he'd be allowed to, but I guess it would kind of make sense since there have been rumblings (for forever, basically) about moving the Rams (or any NFL team, really) back to LA so may as well stick another team in that shiny new non-taxpayer-funded stadium.

He just bought a 60 acre plot of land near Inglewood. Rumors are its for the new stadium.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
he doesn't own the Galaxy, he owns the Colorado team.

I have no idea if he'd be allowed to, but I guess it would kind of make sense since there have been rumblings (for forever, basically) about moving the Rams (or any NFL team, really) back to LA so may as well stick another team in that shiny new non-taxpayer-funded stadium.

JTB

what do you think of True Detective?
3AQmK.gif

Timurid

Rossi and Cassano is my preferred partnership. But there's no way Antonio is going to Brazil.

and Rossi is dead.

Immobile is too young, and he's destroying it with a champion caliber team.

Berardi is more of a winger.

I guess he is, by default.
Fixed

wait

what?

The fans tried to break his legs in training?

Why would they do that?

Pato is playing like crap. This thing has been going for more than a month now, which is why he was for sale in January and a lot of clubs tried to go for him (including Juve, but in the end it didn't work because Juve wanted to loan him). After another shitty match, the Corinthians supporters went to the training grounds and wanted to see Pato and Emerson Sheik so that they could "talk". Of course they also brought a few iron pipes and some of them wanted to break his legs.

Link to the article (in Portuguese): http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/...inthians-so-piorou-apos-invasao,1126720,0.htm

Maybe Fry could help us with this.

Slizz

Wrong.

Doing slizz' work.

Lol, I can't help it if he is wrong. Do I have to go dig up all the facts? Top 5 in attendance last 4 years in NBA, best part is, even with the empty seats, those tickets are already sold. Speaking of empty seats look at a Spurs game when they are playing New Orleans, look at a Clippers game when they are playing the Kings, etc. Every team is like that during the regular season of the NBA.

Then for some reason people continue to support the Dolphins for some un-earthly reason.

Then theres the MLS TV ratings in Miami, EPL ratings, International friendlies and club friendlies attendance at stadiums.... All pointing towards a large amount of support.

FootballFan

Lol, I can't help it if he is wrong. Do I have to go dig up all the facts? Top 5 in attendance last 4 years in NBA, best part is, even with the empty seats, those tickets are already sold. Speaking of empty seats look at a Spurs game when they are playing New Orleans, look at a Clippers game when they are playing the Kings, etc.

Then for some reason people continue to support the Dolphins for some un-earthly reason.

Then theres the MLS TV ratings in Miami, EPL ratings, International friendlies and club friendlies attendance at stadiums.... All pointing towards a large amount of support.

Timu, he got you. You got got.

Elchele

Good article by Rory Smith on time allowed to managers; Pep, Fergie, Wenger, Laudrup - http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/12228?cc=5739

I kind of agree, in top teams 2-4 years is more than enough, after that the debacle starts to show. But for example in teams in lower positions/bad shape/lower divisions, having a manager for some 8-10 could help to stabilize and put a philosophy/system in place.

I wouldn't want someone to stay at Bayern for more than 4 years to be honest. But in the case of Dortmund, I would want Klopp to stay for at least 10 years because he's pretty much the heart and soul of that club right now

Timurid

Lol, I can't help it if he is wrong. Do I have to go dig up all the facts? Top 5 in attendance last 4 years in NBA, best part is, even with the empty seats, those tickets are already sold. Speaking of empty seats look at a Spurs game when they are playing New Orleans, look at a Clippers game when they are playing the Kings, etc.

I'll crush your points when I get back home, but until then think about those Miami Marlins. Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol, I can't help it if he is wrong. Do I have to go dig up all the facts? Top 5 in attendance last 4 years in NBA, best part is, even with the empty seats, those tickets are already sold. Speaking of empty seats look at a Spurs game when they are playing New Orleans, look at a Clippers game when they are playing the Kings, etc. Every team is like that during the regular season of the NBA.

tumblr_n0hjh2VpbD1sy4w7ro1_500.gif

Slizz <3

baby <3

no one takes Timerda seriously. He's just trolling you because our Chicago Bulls suck.

Slizz

I'll crush your points when I get back home, but until then think about those Miami Marlins. Lol

Attendance figures and ratings aren't points they are facts.

The lack of interest now for the Marlins is partly due to a publicly-funded stadium and a lying, conniving owner. They also demolished a landmark in the process of building it.

If you put a good product out in Miami people will come support and with the Dolphins case you just need to lean on a perfect season from '72.

Slizz

What's the name going to be? I like the colours.

No name yet. Won't be the Fusion though, Beckham wants to create everything from scratch. The colors are from our 'Southern Legion' Supporters crew, so dunno if those will stick either.

Timurid

They don't have one. They don't even have a stadium.
oh so when will they join the MLS?

No name yet. Won't be the Fusion though, Beckham wants to create everything from scratch. The colors are from our 'Southern Legion' Supporters crew, so dunno if those will stick either.
I hope they do. Those colors are cool.
Emil please I need the sun

How can I do this without the holy trinity
&#127772;&#127774;&#127771;

Wilbur

Banned
Pls pay attention Wilbz. The sun has already arrived.

frU10tR.png

Oh my

So just to warn FootyGAF. From now on:

If you say something that needs mocking, or I am being sarcastic
Uus4Plt.png

If you or I say something that is creepy, weird or embarrassing
dPrJaGc.png

And if I say something knowingly dumb or stupid
frU10tR.png

If the crescent moon ever arrives I can used it when I am ashamed of things you say. I usually use it when Suen posts.

Is Balotelli actually the best Italian striker? (including Rossi)

Yes. He's the most well-rounded, a physical presence but he doesn't get enough credit for his contributions to build-up play, his assists, and his ability to draw fouls (ie. people criticize him because most of his goals come from set pieces, but who is the one winning those set pieces? Mario.) His actual finishing skill is actually a bit underwhelming, IMO, but he is still an amazing all-around striker.

I really hope Rossi hits form by the WC, him and Balo will be a deadly combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom