• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

gsgun4udt.gif

that's actually funny for a change haha

subtles

Thibaut Courtois Pls

A 21 year old comparing his position to that of a 32 year old veteran.

Having the audacity to hit back at a player showing ambition.

The fact that he thinks his place is guaranteed is pretty sad imo.

Messi

Thibaut Courtois Pls

A 21 year old comparing his position to that of a 32 year old veteran.

Having the audacity to hit back at a player showing ambition.

The fact that he thinks his place is guaranteed is pretty sad imo.

He is right though, he should let his performances speak. Spain's goalkeepers don't talk shit about iker. Plus courtois is the better keeper right now.

Wilbur

Banned
Last few pages have been wonderful.

The Pepe laugh.
The Sociedad own goal.
The Madrid fans hubris.
The Iniesta debate (I think he's brilliant but still overrated).
The Belgian beef.

And I missed it all. Because I was mopping a floor.

This is

unparalleled

Entertain me FootyGAF. I'm tired.

subtles

I would be disappointed with Mignolet if he wasn't aiming for the position this summer.

Courtois' father came out a few days ago saying that a "coexistence" with Cech was impossible. That it would be impossible for him to be the secondary goalkeeper.

Where is the respect there?

Mignolet simply stated he would be lying if he said he didn't have the ambition to be the number one choice. That he would do everything he can to prove his potential but not at the expense of the collective.

Courtois is being an arrogant * if you ask me.

Scum

Last few pages have been wonderful.

The Pepe laugh.
The Sociedad own goal.
The Madrid fans hubris.
The Iniesta debate (I think he's brilliant but still overrated).
The Belgian beef.

And I missed it all. Because I was mopping a floor.

This is

unparalleled

Entertain me FootyGAF. I'm tired.
Adnan to PSG.

By the way guys, remember Ground Zero? Takes speedrunners five minutes.
#DEAD

Scum

40£ million for Adnan? that's 35£ million too many.
lol

pls no

Can't we just have Verratti? It's legitimately unfair that in a year Juventus will be swapping Pogba for Sinead O'Connor and we'll jus be swapping Fletcher's arsehole for a bag

Wilbur, pls. You know Moyes won't do that and if PSG come in sniffing for Pogba, Conte will no doubt ask for Verratti.
Or Moyes can move Kagawa into MC. Better than not playing him, sticking Giggs there or playing him as an AML.

Wilbur

Banned
lol

Wilbur, pls. You know Moyes won't do that and if PSG come in sniffing for Pogba, Conte will no doubt ask for Verratti.
Or Moyes can move Kagawa into MC. Better than not playing him, sticking Giggs there or playing him as an AML.

Shinji is too lightweight for the centre of midfield. Can't see him doing any of the physical legwork necessary.

Feorax

He is right though, he should let his performances speak. Spain's goalkeepers don't talk shit about iker. Plus courtois is the better keeper right now.

With Mignolets performances in mind the last few months, it's only natural to be a bit offended at him thinking he's better than Courtois .

Mignolet didn't say he deserves to be number one. He said he wants to be at a level where he could be considered to be challenging for a place in the starting XI. If you aren't doing that as a professional footballer you really should be looking for another job.

Courtois, however, seems to have taken offence at the mere notion that anyone but him should be considered for Belgium's number 1, because he's above competition and all that apparently.

Wilbur

Banned
Courtois' obviously an arrogant lad though isn't he, the amount of talk about him usurping Cech. Luckily he backs it up with talent, but needs some humility lessons.

2 things:

- Garay is against the idea of going to Russia because of his wife, who doesn't want to go

- i'm watching Bronson and Tom Hardy got a tiny ass dick

Wilbur

Banned
2 things:

- Garay is against the idea of going to Russia because of his wife, who doesn't want to go

- i'm watching Bronson and Tom Hardy got a tiny ass dick

Maybe he's a grower, man. I can't remember if you see it hard or not

My flaccid penis must be smaller than a dinky winky toy car but believe me

believe you me

when it is hard it is almost average size

Maybe he's a grower, man. I can't remember if you see it hard or not

My flaccid penis must be smaller than a dinky winky toy car but believe me

believe you me

when it is hard it is almost average size

nah, it's near the end, only see it flaccid. really small, i'm kinda surprised he had no issues showing his peanut sized dick to the world.

K1LLER7

"Moyes must work quickly to dismiss the idea that allowing him to sign Mata is like giving a smart phone to your grandparents."

LOL Moyes pls

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury pls, why are you posting in the timezone of the Americas?

It's 1:06 in the morning here you fucking kumquat

I only got home from work half an hour ago. Had a big shit and now I'm watching the Simpsons in bed.

And Wooden drew a very accurate picture of me in the uniform. Pls. That's all you'll have. Xoxoxoxo

Courtois' obviously an arrogant lad though isn't he, the amount of talk about him usurping Cech. Luckily he backs it up with talent, but needs some humility lessons.

Jose will set him straight.

Ive seen some quotes from his Dad (agent?) as well recently that he's going back to Chelsea in the summer but doesn't want to sit on the bench all season. Starting to get the impression after Mata leaving and now Courtois' comments that some players aren't prepared to fight for their place in the team.

Im expecting the club to get him signed to a new deal and then loan him to a team in the premier league. Cech still has a few years left, but I also don't think he will be around as long as the likes of Schwarzer, Friedel etc because of his head.

Cech has also been too good for us to just cast him aside, the two of them should battle it out, Courtois should be smart enough to see that when we have a goalkeeper we keep them for long periods of time as the undisputed number one and we signed him at a young age. If he's prepared to fight for his place he'll have a number 1 jersey at a top team fighting for every trophy they can get for a decade if not longer.

Still needs Jose to mentor him though.

Elchele

It's 1:06 in the morning here you fucking kumquat

I only got home from work half an hour ago. Had a big shit and now I'm watching the Simpsons in bed.

And Wooden drew a very accurate picture of me in the uniform. Pls. That's all you'll have. Xoxoxoxo

that's not a photo pls

Scum

Shinji is too lightweight for the centre of midfield. Can't see him doing any of the physical legwork necessary.

Pfft.

4-3-1-2
--------- RVP ---- Rooney ---------
------------ Mata/Adnan ------------
--- Kagawa -- Carrick --- Fellaini
Fabio --- Evans --- Jones --- Rafael

4-2-3-1
-------------- RVP/Henandez ------------
Adnan ---- Rooney/Kagawa ---- Mata
------------ Carrick ----- Fellaini -----------
Fabio ---- Evans ---- Jones ---- Rafael

Retire Rio and Giggs.
Sell Evra, Buttner, Nani, Young and Valencia.
Leave Cleverley, Smalling and Welberg on the bench.
Go shopping for a new LB, CB and MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom