• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

It's part of my 7 days of Juve Appreciation! Has nothing to do with JUVE GAF

tumblr_m6od6yWYr41qeegkyo1_250.gif

dc89

FY 2016 ends March 2016, so it's likely end of 2014 or end of 2015. Given they're selling a demo that can be beaten in five minutes at $20-40, I guess the development has gotten pretty expensive.

End of 2014 would be amazing. Kojima pls.

Jack cw

FY 2016 ends March 2016, so it's likely end of 2014 or end of 2015. Given they're selling a demo that can be beaten in five minutes at $20-40, I guess the development has gotten pretty expensive.

After 2 delays in MGS4 development and together 4 years since announcement, I really doubt that Phantom Pain will make it before 2016. Kojima wants too much and has not the team and money for it.

subtles

The difference in the end of FYs across countries has always intrigued me, particularly after the boom of multinational corporations.

Yeah :(

Pepe in that match demonstrated the many sides of a troll

Watching Gervinho for Roma makes me depressed. I had always thought he had the quality to succeed at Arsenal, but we demanded things from him that he is not.

he is one of the best players in the world at beating his initial man and is good at finding the right pass. He is a a terrible finisher and even nearly fucked up his first goal last night. I feel at Arsenal we were expecting him to be a Ronaldo type goalscorer instead of as one of the most dangerous men at running into the box. I think we even used him a few times up front.

He would often get in the box for us and feel the need to try too many tricks so that he could try and get a shot of instead of just getting in and making the simple pass.

He is a much better winger than Walcott and while there are very few passes of the ball like Totti,
:)
the thought of Ozil making through balls for Gervinho would have been amazing. All season long he has been terrorising defenders and doing his primary job of getting into the box and then finding opportunities for his team mates.

His dribbling at players would have been perfect against Palace at the weekend. He is a confident guy and his ability to put defenders under pressure is something that we lack.

Lightning

Banned
Gervinho is not a better winger than Walcott. Walcott scores a lot of goals and racks up the assists too. Some Arsenal fans expect Walcott to be Theirry Henry but he's one of a kind.

We are really missing Walcott right now.

Zabojnik

And whats with those Juve avatars? Are Yurt and Zabo going to wear Bayern ones?

Yes, but only after you sell us your best player. You know who it is.

Watching Gervinho for Roma makes me depressed. I had always thought he had the quality to succeed at Arsenal, but we demanded things from him that he is not.

Gervinho is the new Krasic. He's only good/great at one thing. As soon as everyone figures it out, it's game over for him.

Gervinho is not a better winger than Walcott. Walcott scores a lot of goals and racks up the assists too. Some Arsenal fans expect Walcott to be Theirry Henry but he's one of a kind.

We are really missing Walcott right now.

Crossing: About the same
Finishing: Walcott
Dribbling: Gervinho
Putting defenders under pressure: Gervinho
Beating his man: Gervinho
passing: About the same

Walcott is one dimensional. Knock the ball pass a defender and then shoot or pass. Or hope for a ball over the top and use his speed.

Gervinho was never really given a chance because Wenger loves sticking with the same players.

You say we are missing Theo, but would he have contributed anything to at the weekend? Palace were defending deep and restricting space. Theo would have been unable to do anything in that type of game. Gervinho would have been dribbling and trying to make something happen.

Theo reacts, Gervinho instigates.

Lightning

Banned
Crossing: About the same
Finishing: Walcott
Dribbling: Gervinho
Putting defenders under pressure: Gervinho
Beating his man: Gervinho
passing: About the same

Walcott is one dimensional. Knock the ball pass a defender and then shoot or pass. Or hope for a ball over the top and use his speed.

Gervinho was never really given a chance because Wenger loves sticking with the same players.

You say we are missing Theo, but would he have contributed anything to at the weekend? Palace were defending deep and restricting space. Theo would have been unable to do anything in that type of game. Gervinho would have been dribbling and trying to make something happen.

Theo reacts, Gervinho instigates.
We've got Cazorla instigating, Rosciky instigating, no need for a Gervinho who is a confidence player and when his confidence is low is absolute shit.

Gervinho got chance after chance. I'm happy he's doing well at Roma but I don't want him back.

We've got Cazorla instigating, Rosciky instigating, no need for a Gervinho who is a confidence player and when his confidence is low is absolute shit.

Gervinho got chance after chance. I'm happy he's doing well at Roma but I don't want him back.

Chances?

He started at the start of his first season and then was never really a consistent starter again.

They might instigate, but nothing like Gervinho is capable of. He puts defenders under pressure with his runs at them and backs them up and falses them into mistakes. Gervinho can do stuff that only Gnabry has shown flashes of this season.

I don't think it is any surprise that when Gervinho starts consistently then his sides do well. Lille and this Roma team.

edit: also Walcott averages .7 successful whoscore dribbles a game. You could to feel sorry for any defender who lets Theo "no tekkers" Walcott beat him
http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/-EUhm0yNwUSsU191V5Ljjw

A great piece from Horncastle from last week.

dc89

They're selling a fucking demo that can be completed in five minutes for $20-40. I doubt the game will be out early. I'm just saying that technically it doesn't have to be 2016.

I personally think it will be out late mid 2015. MGS4 came out in June IIRC. I think a mid year release is more likely so they don't have to battle it out with the likes of CoD and Assassins Creed and probably a new Battlefield etc.

Inter are such a joke. Sack Branca and want to replace him with a nobody. And then I read that they want Vidic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They really are the joke that just doesn't stop giving.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter are such a joke. Sack Branca and want to replace him with a nobody. And then I read that they want Vidic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They really are the joke that just doesn't stop giving.
it gets better

they want to break their wage structure for him.

€4.8m a year.

Jack cw

I personally think it will be out late mid 2015. MGS4 came out in June IIRC. I think a mid year release is more likely so they don't have to battle it out with the likes of CoD and Assassins Creed and probably a new Battlefield etc.
It came out in June because they missed the initial target of winter 2007. It was scheduled for a end 2006 release but got delayed twice and end 2008 would have hurt sales as Modern Warfare and GTA4 destroyed anything.

bjaelke

It's an italian play on words.
Yesterday Garcia, during the post-match interviews, said that Strootman is like a washing machine, makes "clean" all the "dirty" balls that he receives from other players.

And then one Zabo posted suggests Inter's president is a drunk?

subtles

Brendan saying we aren't title contenders is no surprise but every time an article mentions our last qualification being when we finished 2nd I cry a little inside.

We had less losses and scored more goals than United too. :(

Jack cw

Ich habe es nicht gewusst.

Actually can't believe I took German for like three years and can't speak it for shit. Ich habe keine bock auf die schule.

Never mind, your german is way better than Franck Riberys, who is in Germany for 6 fucking years and cant even order a pizza.

Yen

I remember around 2011 or so, Kojima was teasing the Fox Engine and saying things like "A level/stage can be built from scratch in 10 minutes. Development times will be so much shorter."
I think if TPP is still 2 years away then GZ is an adequate compromise, but man, £20-£30? Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom