• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Manager of the Month noms: Pellegrini, Poyet, Mourinho & Pulis
Player of the Month noms: Suarez, Cazorla, Adam Johnson, Yaya Toure

Pellegrini manager of the month for me (4 wins out of 4, 3 away games) and AJ for player of the month.

Fucking hell Kojima. I could be dead by the time MGSV comes out

Rodgers said no Agger/Sakho this weekend. I hope Kolo turns back the clock.

i080hskkcpcgf87u4l.gif

Blablurn

We were not in such competition though to invest that much. The year before we bought Ribery, Toni and Klose. It all started with the 2:5 defeat against Dortmund.
One does not simply challenge Bayern. Dortmund played with fire and got burnt.

But i have to admit. Bayern did it in a very mean way buy simply buying their best players lol. Icecold.

I feel almost sorry. Almost.

Elchele

Dortmund really raised the bar in the Bundesliga, it helped the league as a whole and Bayern specially. Now the quality in the league is much more superior than what it was a few years ago

Of course there's a limit to where most clubs can reach because of the economic limits, but with Bayern being so high the rest of the clubs are in a continuous process of getting better

pulga

Banned
As Marcelo, an unused substitute in the game, took part in a short warm-down session on the pitch about 20 minutes after the final whistle, around 500 Atletico fans were still waiting in the top north corner of the stadium as a security measure.

ESPN FC’s Graham Hunter heard monkey noises coming from the visiting section, as well as a racially insulting song, while he said that additional chants were directed at the player’s son, who was also on the pitch.

The incident was not initially picked up in the Spanish media, and no players or coaches from either team appear to have been asked about it. But after it was highlighted in the UK, Marca's photographer confirmed that he had heard a chant of "Marcelo is a monkey" coming from the Atletico fans, who were waiting for permission to leave. ABC's blogger also reported that the Atletico ultras, upon seeing Marcelo with his son, began chanting: "He's not your father."

Patetico, indeed. Keep hopping on scumbag wagon, GAF.

Wilbur

Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4459757.stm

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/lazio-and-real-madrid-punished-for-racist-fans

I don't give a shit that this was eight or nine years ago. That isn't long enough so that those fans still won't e going to games. They will be.

I like Atletico because of the way they play on the football pitch. I'm not going to demonise the team because of what some stupid fans get up to, much like I don't demonise your club because of fans.

Dortmund really raised the bar in the Bundesliga, it helped the league as a whole and Bayern specially. Now the quality in the league is much more superior than what it was a few years ago

Of course there's a limit to where most clubs can reach because of the economic limits, but with Bayern being so high the rest of the clubs are in a continuous process of getting better

Don't know, man. Bayern is obviously better now, same for the second best team (BVB). But beside them? Is Leverkusen better? Schlacke is just as shitty.

Wilbur

Banned
Another one from 2009, DM article

Real Madrid will be punished by the Spanish Football Federation after some of their fans were reported by referee Alfonso Perez Burrull for fascist behaviour during Sunday's 3-1 win over Osasuna.

Five years ago in the Bernabeu stadium England's black players were abused by supporters during a friendly against Spain.

That just sounds like a regular la liga stuff. To quote Alves...

"I did not think about leaving the pitch, but it bothers me," Alves said. "It does not just happen at [the Bernabeu]. I go through this constantly in all the grounds I go to. It is a shame, as fans can like you or not, and there can be heated moments within games, but the crowd should just support their own team."

Wilbur

Banned
And another - http://www.managingmadrid.com/2011/...-chanting-real-madrid-barcelona-alves-marcelo

Many of those watching Spain and the world's two most glamorous teams face off in the Supercopa last week were shocked to hear disgusting racist chants directed at black players. As Gabe noted in his article, Real Madrid fans made monkey noises to jeer Dani Alves in the Bernabéu, while fellow Brazilian Marcelo was greeted by Barcelona fans upon entering the pitch at the Camp Nou with chants of 'mono', or 'monkey'.

Wilbur

Banned
lool good one plug

"Well done jumping on the bandwagon of the racist club GAF"

*various accounts of real madrid fans being equally racist*

"pls die today, let the nandos consume you whole"

What a pointless series of posts the last ten or fifteen are. We are back in known territory; Spanish fans are known for racism, whatever club.

pulga

Banned
lool good one plug

"Well done jumping on the bandwagon of the racist club GAF"

*various accounts of real madrid fans being equally racist*

"pls die today, let the nandos consume you whole"

What a pointless series of posts the last ten or fifteen are. We are back in known territory; Spanish fans are known for racism, whatever club.

go fry some chicken and let off the google
Uus4Plt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom