• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
one of these is unlike the others

Bfzi3xkIAAANSUZ.jpg:large

smiling_moon2.png

Nero3000

If next week is anything like thiss week then the emirates is going to be empty.

They should postpone the game(s) if the strikes go ahead.

dc89

West Ham are to take legal action after failing in their appeal to overturn the red card shown to Andy Carroll during the 1 February win against Swansea.
The Football Association upheld the decision which means the England striker is now banned for three games.

"There is nowhere to go other than to seek some kind of legal redress," said West Ham co-chairman David Gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26039222

I was playing with Bayern in my network game, and this happened:
Basically, Muller gets the ball, shoots, hits the post. Of course, he's right there to shoot one more time: Leno saves, but he ends up INSIDE the goal, with the ball. The game engine doesn't notice that and I end up losing the semifinal.

Fuck me, I should get in touch with Allegri and ask him what I should do.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I see Tiote is injured now, both he and Remy will be missing when we play them midweek.

We must avenge that absurd 1-0 defeat at home, Krul was truly amazing in that match. He did a reverse-Fulop on us.

pulga

Banned
From his facebook page

1899900_693035607413460_446044371_n.jpg

saw that a bit ago.. caption says something about having the shirt months ago? but the tv in the back says wednesday February 5...did he get the haircut after the game?...I DONT KNOW ANYMORE :(

NO PEPE NOOOOOO

Feorax

Still feel really pissed off about West Brom game. I've avoided everything to do with football since the game ended.

We've had worse results this season. It's a shame, but hardly a massive blow to our aspirations.

I'll be more annoyed about a loss and/or a poor performance this weekend.

Robert Lewandowski has revealed how his Poland team-mate Wojciech Szczesny tried to talk him into snubbing a move to Bayern Munich to join Arsenal.

The Borussia Dortmund striker, who will join Bayern at the end of the season having agreed a deal in January, had been a long-term target for Arsène Wenger but was always likely to stay in the Bundesliga.

"I can confirm that Wojciech Szczesny tried to convince me to join Arsenal," Lewandowski told the Polish tabloid Fakt.

"We had several talks about this. It was him who did most of the talking, how the club looks inside, what Arsène Wenger thinks of me.

"When we trained before the Champions League games at Colney, there were important people from Arsenal at our sessions as well."

Why didn't you try harder Wojciech.
images

bjaelke

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja 2h
This is the seat for obese fans at the World Cup stadium in Rio: 50% discount on tickets if you have doctor's note

vDlQgEy.jpg

King_Moc

Banned
Still feel really pissed off about West Brom game. I've avoided everything to do with football since the game ended.

I've been the same. But my supporters club has randomly offered me tickets for the Arsenal match and now i'm raring to go again.

They're gonna fuck us over :(

Ushojax

West Brom are always good against the top teams, they've drawn with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea and beaten United.

A point at the Hawthorns is not a terrible result, though I suppose the manner of Toure's mistake makes it worse.

Timurid

West Brom are always good against the top teams, they've drawn with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea and beaten United.

A point at the Hawthorns is not a terrible result, though I suppose the manner of Toure's mistake makes it worse.
Are you guys willing to sell Lloris for 16.5 mil this summer?

Ushojax

Are you guys willing to sell Lloris for 16.5 mil this summer?

Not really but it will be easier to replace him than it was to replace Modric and Bale. Good keepers are not hard to find.

If we sold Lloris for £20m (which is what it would take), and bought Begovic for half the price, I doubt it would make us worse. In some ways it might be an upgrade, Lloris has had a mixed season. Flawless until he got Lukaku'd but some serious jitters since then. He's slowly returning to normal thankfully.

Mastadon

Banned
Not really but it will be easier to replace him than it was to replace Modric and Bale. Good keepers are not hard to find.

If we sold Lloris for £20m (which is what it would take), and bought Begovic for half the price, I doubt it would make us worse. In some ways it might be an upgrade, Lloris has had a mixed season. Flawless until he got Lukaku'd but some serious jitters since then. He's slowly returning to normal thankfully.

The Cech effect.

Elchele

Tuchel with his shit squad has as many points as Wolfsburg.

And yet some people think the players 'just do their thing' and coach isn't that relevant.

Wilbur

Banned
Tuchel with his shit squad has as many points as Wolfsburg.

And yet some people think the players 'just do their thing' and coach isn't that relevant.

I would love confuziz to explain the differences between all the clubs in the premier league this year sticking to his coaches don't matter line

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Apparently

Man United’s David Moyes has made a Premier League high 83 team changes this season [Opta Stats]

He better fucking start Adnan on Sunday, he has to show signs of change, putting Young in the team is not a sign of change.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Really hope we can see Carrick/Fellaini, Adnan/Roo/Mata/RVP all at the same time soon.

You will see Ashely Young and Cleverely and you will like it, Moyes doesnt have the balls to put people where they are most effective, nor does he have the balls to play a system that doesnt give our wingers the ball every time we have it. I saw stats on the last two games and every time our CM's get the ball they give it to Young or back to the defence, seriously what the fuck is that.

Arnie

I've also avoided Premier League football since Sunday. Was just a shit day all round. Ready to go again though. If Arsene demolishes us I might commit seppuku.

Actually haven't minded the tube strike. I've been jogging to work and feeling much better for it.

Mr Cola

1. English
2. Gets to the byline

Young hasnt been at the byline for 2 seasons, thats Evras job, to run mindlessly forward and expose our defence on the counter, Evra has played near every game this season as a left winger but without the output. Young cant beat a man, any man, he gets shown up by any fullback with pace, if you watch him at the weekend watch how stationary he is when he asks for the ball and when he distributes it. His only tactic is coming inside and crossing far post or shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom