• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Who me? I think he is above average. Nothing top tier.

You know whats funny, I kind of think so too. Wallcott has this extreme pace but in the end is a really mediocre finisher and isnt really that creative when compared to other wingers. He is still very good but reminds me terribly of Aubemeyang. Same category. Tier 2 in Microsoft terms.

GHG

Shouldn't be a starter? Lol. Just lol.

"I know, lets put our most productive player from that past 3 seasons (who is still at the club) on the bench. Instead, lets start an 18 year old kid who has proven nothing and who despite his flashes of talent is invisible for 90% of most games."

Shouldn't be a starter? Lol. Just lol.

Yes he is worthy of being an Arsenal starter, because we never bought anyone better. Gnabry 14-15.

You know whats funny, I kind of think so too. Wallcott has this extreme pace but in the end is a really mediocre finisher and isnt really that creative when compared to other wingers. He is still very good but reminds me terribly of Aubemeyang. Same category. Tier 2 in Microsoft terms.

Exactly.

"I know, lets put our most productive player from that past 3 seasons (who is still at the club) on the bench"

Just really??? He is most productive over three years because nobody else has been here for three years. RVP buggured off and was more productive
Although yes theo did give him a lot of assists
and last year he was the top dog while the new guys got settled into their first season in the league.

Splatt

Walcot is a good finisher and is probably the fastest player in the league. His tehnique is average because he doesn't need to rely on it when he can outpace anyone in front of him. While he can often be frustrating because of his bad decision making, he gets into goal chances often enough that it doesn't matter that he fucked up in those previous 9 attempts.
He's not world class, but any team would be happy to have a top winger like him.

Unfortunately, after his recent injury, I highly doubt his quickness will remain, so he'll have to adapt his game or take bench warming lessons from Nani...

GHG

Yes he is worthy of being an Arsenal starter, because we never bought anyone better. Gnabry 14-15.

Exactly.

And you close your arguement by saying Gnabry is the answer.

child-please.gif

Elchele

Is Funes Mori doing badly at Benfica? Newells want to bring him back to Argentina for this season (Trezeguet is way too awful)

edit:

"I played for Chelsea and Real at a young age, but I play for the best club in the world now and can no longer make a step up."-Robben

BOOM

Clegg

Barca or Munich wouldn't be interested in Vidic. He'd probs be Barca's best defender but his distribution is so awful that they'd never touch him.

If I were him I'd go to Inter for the good weather and the high wages and not give a shit about where they finish in the league

Feorax

Still weird to think Vidic won't be playing in the PL next season.

Maybe he can get himself sent off when we go to Old Trafford, just for old times sake.

L1NETT

Walcott is a right tidy finisher, but is so poor at keeping the ball and gives possession up so cheaply.

He's endlessly frustrating for England because he does have talent but is brain dead on the pitch. Also shouldn't be within a mile of any set piece.

England wise, if he wasn't injured I would probably start him only out of our lack of depth in his place.

Sterling's too young and raw, and Lennon's is slap bang average.

Walcott is a right tidy finisher, but is so poor at keeping the ball and gives possession up so cheaply.

He's endlessly frustrating for England because he does have talent but is brain dead on the pitch. Also shouldn't be within a mile of any set piece.

England wise, if he wasn't injured I would probably start him only out of our lack of depth in his place.

Sterling's too young and raw, and Lennon's is slap bang average.

Genuinely, the way Sterling has been playing, the only worry I'd have over him starting would be the way it'd effect his opinion of himself and his mentality for starting such huge games. He's beene xceptional over the last 2 months or so. Would really like to see him add more end product (not that it's bad) and be a bit more forceful. Sometimes he'll have a defender on the ropes, and look for a pass instead of molesting him and getting into a dangerous area

These excuses made for the WiiU are laughable

'Companies just don't like Nintendo, that's why they don;t want to make WiiU games, has nothing to do with the shocking install base that isn't growing with any kind of pace'

'I know only 6million have been sold, but nobody criticises PS4 and Xbox One, and they've sold even less. I know it's been out longer, but only by a year'

This forum does my head in sometimes :p

Thank fuck its Tottenham-Everton this weekend as well, absolutely needed one or both of them to drop points I think if we fail to beat Arsenal

I'd be so, so happy if we win tomorrow and Spurs draw

edit: Oh ffs. The_Yurter89

Yeah, exactly this. Eight or nine I said we needed. Promote Thorpe or Keane as well, if we're losing two centre backs.

Someone has waiting for his chance to be bought back and shine. Now is the time. The return of the king. The prodigal son. Some call him Strider. Others call him the Gunslinger. Us mere men of the modern age know him only as Scott Wootton.

Wilbur

Banned
Also. Guys.

At their absolute peak/prime, who was better? Rio or Vidic?

Think I'd marginally go Rio myself. A better player, and just as assured defensively, if lacking the sheer presence.

confuziz

Banned
Hiddink is going to support the training staff of PSV from now on.

Might as well make him head coach while you're at it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom