• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Falcao spoke in favor of Cristiano over his exaggerated ban. This Falcao-CR7 courting has me at half-mast.

One of the best gifs is not even with any of the gang. Homeless jerking dude forever

iobWor6tcNRiF.gif

i.cant.breathe.

pulga

Banned
There are large swathes where it's just not funny. Pls. Some of it is great though, but there's much better modern comedies.

tumblr_lauqc0QVF41qa9yvvo1_400.gif

youre just screaming for a hipster glasses meme to be made out of one of your readily available pictures at this point

Wilbur

Banned
tumblr_lauqc0QVF41qa9yvvo1_400.gif

youre just screaming for a hipster glasses meme to be made out of one of your readily available pictures at this point

Why, because I like a critically acclaimed Coen Brothers film and I think Sunny is hit and miss? Lmao

You're turning into Shanks

Moments of it are the funniest things, but when there's fifteen episodes a season, not every episode is consistently funny.

Parks and Rec is better.

And Curb

Parks and Rec is great, but it doesn't have to be edgy. Always Sunny goes for the shock at times so is always gonna be more hit and miss than a play it safe comedy.

Slizz

The most recent season of Always Sunny was fucking amazing. Dunno if ya'll are caught up on that yet.

Been watching Archer this season, not feeling it as much as I was before, but I'm sure theres room to pick up speed.

Wilbur

Banned
Parks and Rec is great, but it doesn't have to be edgy. Always Sunny goes for the shock at times so is always gonna be more hit and miss than a play it safe comedy.

So therefore the play it safe comedy is more consistently funny. That doesn't excuse it; just because it hits very high highs doesn't mean we should just ignore the lows or middling parts.

wedward

ArsenalGAF, Arteta-OX, Arteta-Wilshere, Wilshere-Ox???

I want to see Wilshere-OX starting, but with a huge month it is most likely best if Wilshere only comes on as a sub in the second half.

Arteta is a bore to watch, but is the best player to have in controlling a game. I would also like to see Padolski starting again. He is our best player on the counter and was so important in the game at Anfield last season. Liverpool will most likely dominate possession so we need to hit them on the counter whenever we can.

I am so happy that this is the first game of the weekend. Was worried I would have to wait till Sunday.

Liverpool aren't going to dominate shit with Gerrard, Henderson and Allen.

Wilshere Arteta with Ox on the wing.

Wenger doesn't do half time substitutions.

pulga

Banned
Why, because I like a critically acclaimed Coen Brothers film and I think Sunny is hit and miss? Lmao

You're turning into Shanks

pls and youre turning into a typical gaf cunt who sees people with nice things and needs to take a dump on it or go into a deep, unneeded debate

why must you rain on our parade

moyeseyesx9cmxcgfrk.gif

Scum

How are we getting ripped off? I know fully well that this is a glorified demo, but I love the series so much that I don't care and I believe that I will get enough worth out of this too justify whatever price. I look forward to enjoying this.

There is no set definition for how long a game should be for it to justify whatever price.

Just because you don't see worth in it doesn't mean others don't and you should go around insulting people.
Shanks, pls. You can hate on a shitty business practice even if it is one of your favourite game series. I just think it's fucking wrong for Konami to be charging for this. It should be a free PSN/PSN+/Xbox Live download or come bundled together with a game. But who am I to tell you how to spend your money.

So therefore the play it safe comedy is more consistently funny. That doesn't excuse it; just because it hits very high highs doesn't mean we should just ignore the lows or middling parts.

You think they are lows, I don't. I love it all. Sunny at is worst is still better than most other shows. Sunny's lows only look bad because it's highs are god tier.

Parks is just consistent. No episodes stand out in any particular way. They are just all the same. A bad episode doesn't really stand out as much because there are no amazing episodes. Which I do like and I look forward to it everything week, but it has no rewatch value to me.

pulga

Banned
btw is community good again? didnt see the season w/o the original showrunner so idk whats up with it now

btw is community good again? didnt see the season w/o the original showrunner so idk whats up with it now

It never recovered from the first season, GAF will attempt to convince you otherwise though. Worth watching for Brie tits of course, but not much else.

Haha Cornelius takes a penalty. Keeper saves. Cornelius shoots again in the other side and the keeper somehow gets up and saves again. Cornelius manages to get the rebound yet again and finally scores. Felt bad for the keeper there.

Season two of community was best season you Danish heathen

If you got no taste, sure.

Shanks, pls. You can hate on a shitty business practice even if it is one of your favourite game series. I just think it's fucking wrong for Konami to be charging for this. It should be a free PSN/PSN+/Xbox Live download or come bundled together with a game. But who am I to tell you how to spend your money.

Of course I want it to be free. I don't want to have to spend money when i can get something for free. But they know this is going to sell a shit load of copies. Konami have form for this. They packed the MGS2 demo into ZOE to get everyone to buy the game, and it did work.

I would have prefered if it was bundled with the game. The whole process of this game has been fucked up. Kojima should never have talked about there being two separate games and just released them at the same time.

I am a diehard fanboy of the series, and while I don't hate on Konami for making money, I do hate on them for the botching that is taking place.

I still need to try and watch Archer and Community. Unless I start watching something when it originally comes out I find it hard to get into stuff.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha Cornelius takes a penalty. Keeper saves. Cornelius shoots again in the other side and the keeper somehow gets up and saves again. Cornelius manages to get the rebound yet again and finally scores. Felt bad for the keeper there.

If you got no taste, sure.

You picked Chelsea and Palermo

Voluntarily

Pls

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Best thing I have seen recently is Rick and Morty, took an episode to get into it but its great animation.

You're a bad person if you haven't watched Archer.

Don't be a bad person.

Ok i will start watching it :) I dont want to be a bad person anymore.

The series heavily uses meta-humor and pop culture references, often parodying film and television clichés and tropes.

Saw that on wikipedia about community. That makes me have 0% interest in it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have been wondering, there are like 40 local "Learn to drive" people in my area, most of them offer first lesson free, I wonder if there is any way to get around all of them and learn to drive for relatively nothing, all i have to say is "Oh yeah i had a lesson or two a few years ago". It sounds too good to be true.

Danchi

I have been wondering, there are like 40 local "Learn to drive" people in my area, most of them offer first lesson free, I wonder if there is any way to get around all of them and learn to drive for relatively nothing, all i have to say is "Oh yeah i had a lesson or two a few years ago". It sounds too good to be true.

I have my first lesson next week and it's £16! £18 after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom