• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Wilshere will "Suffer a breakdown in training" which will cause a "small setback".

Or in Arsenal world.

Out for 3 months.

He's actually been fit for a bit, we just didn't risk him to avoid aggravating the injury against Palace. I thought our injury problems were a lot worse than they actually are, but looking at it, only 2 key players have long term injuries Ramsey (a month) and Walcott (his season is over). Diaby, Kallstrom, Sanogo were going to do fuck all for our season.

Lightning

Banned
So pumped for Anfield glad Wilshere is back for that game.

My team for that game:

-------------Giroud
Cazorla----Ozil------Ox
----Wilshere--Arteta
Monreal---BFG---Kosc---Sagna
I wouldn't risk Ox. We have United a few days later so that team won't work for me. Either Gnabry or Rosciky on that wing, not the Ox.

sohois

I wouldn't risk Ox. We have United a few days later so that team won't work for me. Either Gnabry or Rosciky on that wing, not the Ox.

Risk him? Against what, Cissokho? That guy wouldn't tackle a training cone. Ox would be free to jog up and down the left all game with no fear of injury.

Barzul

Surely Anfield away is the more important game? Liverpool have been far more dangerous and we'll need goals where we can get them. I'm more worried about L'Pool than I am of United.

Lightning

Banned
Ox is going to start. Book it.
Then Wilshere shouldn't start. Typical Arsenal though, player has a great game in midfield so move them to the wing when another midfielder comes in. We done it with Ramsey when Arteta/Flamini played, done it with Wilshere when Flamini/Ramsey played and now Ox's turn.

Problem with this is breakdown and quality of performance from midfield to wing. Ramsey and Wilshere didn't make the transition well, so we'll see about Ox. We know what we'll get from Rosciky there though so I prefer that option.

Turok_TTZ

I had a big wall of text describing my absolute hate for Carlo Ancelotti. but I decided I will keep it short.

You can gift Carlo Ancelloti either Heynckes treble winning bayern team or Guardiola's farsa, and Carlo will find a way to have said team play like AVB's tottenham or stoke. Absolute clueless, fraud of a coach. Still pissed he is still our coach. Still pissed how his old habits never die. Complacent fuck.

what triggered this angry post? Carlo Ancelotti's postgame conference from last game.
what he says tells me he saw a completely different game from what I saw and didn't understand what went wrong or even right. this fucking guy. this bloody fraud.
I eagerly await the day he gets the sack.

I had a big wall of text describing my absolute hate for Carlo Ancelotti. but I decided I will keep it short.

You can gift Carlo Ancelloti either Heynckes treble winning bayern team or Guardiola's farsa, and Carlo will find a way to have said team play like AVB's tottenham or stoke. Absolute clueless, fraud of a coach. Still pissed he is still our coach. Still pissed how his old habits never die. Complacent fuck.

what triggered this angry post? Carlo Ancelotti's postgame conference from last game.
what he says tells me he saw a completely different game from what I saw and didn't understand what went wrong or even right. this fucking guy. this bloody fraud.

Champion in Italy, double winner in his first season in England. Champion in France. Two time champions league winner from three finals. A midfield general on one of the greateat European teams ever.

Those are Ancelotti credentials, what are yours?

3Sixty

It's ok you're taking Pochettino at the end of the season :(

Draconian

Didn't Ancelotti just lead Madrid to a club record in consecutive clean sheets? And yet we have someone here eagerly awaiting him to get the sack. Is Turok being serious or is pulga really the sanest member of Madrid GAF?

sohois

Didn't Ancelotti just lead Madrid to a club record in consecutive clean sheets? And yet we have someone here eagerly awaiting him to get the sack. Is Turok being serious or is pulga really the sanest member of Madrid GAF?

Well, given his complaint is mostly related to a boring, defensive style of play I'm sure clean sheets doesn't really concern him.

Furthermore, why would you ever expect sanity a club like Real Madrid?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WHICH REMINDS ME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST PLAYER IN THE MOTHER EARTH

guZBVND.jpg

turns 29 today

gosh hes getting old ;_;

Tevez and Neymar too!
is pulga really the sanest member of Madrid GAF?
pretty much.

Carlo won't criticize his team in public, but he'll give them an earful behind the scenes.

wedward

Then Wilshere shouldn't start. Typical Arsenal though, player has a great game in midfield so move them to the wing when another midfielder comes in. We done it with Ramsey when Arteta/Flamini played, done it with Wilshere when Flamini/Ramsey played and now Ox's turn.

Problem with this is breakdown and quality of performance from midfield to wing. Ramsey and Wilshere didn't make the transition well, so we'll see about Ox. We know what we'll get from Rosciky there though so I prefer that option.

Ox is far superior on the wing compared to Wilshere or Ramsey.

what he says tells me he saw a completely different game from what I saw and didn't understand what went wrong or even right.
this fucking guy. this bloody fraud.

Have you at all considered the possibility that he saw the game correctly and you didn't?

pulga

Banned
Well, given his complaint is mostly related to a boring, defensive style of play I'm sure clean sheets doesn't really concern him.

Furthermore, why would you ever expect sanity a club like Real Madrid?

queu ignorant FootyGAF post about Madrid #469

more balanced set up =/= boring, defensive style of play

Is Madrid sitting at the back with a bus? No.
Is Madrid Stoking it up? Nope.

Madrid is attempting a more possession based play so A) we don't look like headless chickens when a counter of ours goes wrong and B) have a viable strategy when teams sit deep at the back and we have no way of countering them, thus we must do something else

Furthermore, why should I expect an intelligent and reasoned post about RMadrid from the average FootyGAF member?

I hate these Arsenal Balotelli links. I detest Balotelli, overrated hack.

I really don't know how the reports make me feel. His goal scoring rexord for Milan has ben overrated. It feels like half of those goals are penalties.

Is he a better player and finisher than Giroud? Eithout question.

Will he work in our system where he is expectes to be a provider as well as a scorer? I don't know. My biggest fear is that he will disrupt El Shaz progresdion because he is too selfish. If he comes to Arsenal will he continue to hold up play and wait for the foul or will he look for the pass for one of our onrushing midfielders. I haven't watched him that much this year so I don't know if he has changed.

Swansea are dumb.

Fair enough they've not been as good this year but they haven't got the size of squad they need for a full Prem campaign and Europa league.

pulga

Banned
I've always found Balotelli to be incredibly overrated in proportion to all the fuss that's been raised about him. He's good, but nothing more.

dc89

Y'all should remember my birthday. It's tomorrow. So many greats born within two days.

NDSSJ11, CR7, CT32, DC89

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still don't rate Mario, he's too inconsistent to be called WC/great.
Maybe in Brazil ;)

Y'all should remember my birthday. It's tomorrow. So many greats born within two days.

NDSSJ11, CR7, CT32, DC89

Oh please

It's Carl1t0s Tevez now.

15+ years ago ay?

Pretty odd coincidence this happened just over 15 years ago.

still don't know how and why we lost that final. Look at that lineup haha! The curse of Jupp Heynckes.

Blablurn

I still don't rate Mario, he's too inconsistent to be called WC/great.
Maybe in Brazil ;)

Oh please

It's Carl1t0s Tevez now.

still don't know how and why we lost that final. Look at that lineup haha! The curse of Jupp Heynckes.

It's not like Jupp won every CL final...

;_;

Fuck Chelsea

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
4 German refs.

1 team with a German coach and another German player.

1 team without any Germans.

Do the maths Yurt, do the maths.

Nah, we were just arrogant fucks.

Madrid was in crisis
Jupp a dead man walking
our third consecutive final
a chance to redeem ourselves after losing to BVB in 97 (LOOOOOL)
Double Serie A champions
and we had Zidane

SURELY WE'RE GONNA WALK THIS

but it's fine, I'm sure we'll win our next final. It's only fair, right?

WRONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom