• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy are incredibly still undefeated vs Germany!

The greatest trick the Azzurri ever pulled was convincing the Germans that they cannot beat them in a competitive fixture! :lol

Lahm "It has been in every German player’s head that we cannot beat Italy in tournaments.”

the win in 2006 was quite an achievement considering Germany had never previously lost a competitive match in the Westfalenstadion.

Jack cw

please fads are temporary, massiveness is permanent.

we'll see in the CL this year, your hubris will be your downfall
To be honest, I was more afraid of Real the last two years. I'm pretty sure the quarter or semi final will be Real vs. Bayern this year and its going to be a rather one sided stage.
Anyway, WC final will be Germany - Italy. Another star for them :/

pulga

Banned
To be honest, I was more afraid of Real the last two years. I'm pretty sure the quarter or semi final will be Real vs. Bayern this year and its going to be a rather one sided stage.

does anyone think it's incredible how one year of success made Bayern fans bigger douches than Barca fans? sheesh! Pummeling their feeder clubs in the Bundeslolga has twisted their perception of reality lololol

Italy are incredibly still undefeated vs Germany!

The greatest trick the Azzurri ever pulled was convincing the Germans that they cannot beat them in a competitive fixture! :lol

the win in 2006 was quite an achievement considering Germany had never previously lost a competitive match in the Westfalenstadion.

Yep, we have their number. I will always have confidence no matter how ahit we are that we can beat them.

Brazil have our number and Spain beat us to start their amazing run and are the only other team that I fear.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brazil will win it -_-
Brazil have our number and Spain beat us to start their amazing run and are the only other team that I fear.
Spain won't go far without their Eufemiano Fuentes, trust me.

Fuentes "If I would talk, the Spanish football team would be stripped of the 2010 World Cup

TALK

Zabojnik

Fuuuuck, what a show last night. Had an absolute blast throughout the entire day and evening. James Labrie's singing was studio-like, Petrucci & co. were bossing it. Just an amazing show.

Dream Theater <3

Jack cw

does anyone think it's incredible how one year of success made Bayern fans bigger douches than Barca fans? sheesh! Pummeling their feeder clubs in the Bundeslolga has twisted their perception of reality lololol

Well, reality is that Real made it only once against Bayern in CL and was knocked out every other time. Its actually the third year in a row with success and I'm enjoying it. We dont have this strange obession with something so trivial as "la decima" that makes us prositute the whole club to hope that money will get us the title. Its part of the reason why people like Barca more than Madrid.

Mastadon

Banned
Fuuuuck, what a show last night. Had an absolute blast throughout the entire day and evening. James Labrie's singing was studio-like, Petrucci & co. were bossing it. Just an amazing show.

Dream Theater <3

I've never listened to Dream Theater before, can you recommend a couple of songs?

pulga

Banned
They're strong, they're not "light years away" from us. The only reason they haven't won a CL in the past years is because Ronaldo choked.

You're consistently the only rational Bayern fan in here. These others deluded mangos seem to forget the only reason Bayern got to choke against Chelsea is because we choked on penalties. The definition of dumb luck. You didn't outplay us, you didn't take us out 7-0.

Jack cw

You're consistently the only rational Bayern fan in here. These others deluded mangos seem to forget the only reason Bayern got to choke against Chelsea is because we choked on penalties. The definition of dumb luck. You didn't outplay us, you didn't take us out 7-0.

Pulga pls. Take it easy. 2013 Bayern would kill Madrid 10-0. Not sure about Peps Bayern though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It just dawned on me. Osvaldo-Mirko could be a great backup partnership!

Dream Theater <3

OH BABY

glad you had fun Zabster

Jack cw

Shame we'll never know, eh? Now I can only look forward to further exposing another Pep Team.

Haha you wish :p The moment when Real was able to compete with Barca they were long past their prime. I admit I was cheering for the underdog though.

Linius

Nah, we were just arrogant fucks.

Madrid was in crisis
Jupp a dead man walking
our third consecutive final
a chance to redeem ourselves after losing to BVB in 97 (LOOOOOL)
Double Serie A champions
and we had Zidane

SURELY WE'RE GONNA WALK THIS

but it's fine, I'm sure we'll win our next final. It's only fair, right?

WRONG.

Fucking Juve stole our 96 cup on penalties. We should have been the first and so far only club to win two of these in a row :(

Linius

What the fuck is wrong with people on the internet. I'm trying to buy a concert ticket from someone so I reply to his ad online. He replies me with his phone number instead of just mailing me his bank info. Am I supposed to make costs by calling him now :O

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Remember when Barca was fun to watch?
I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2crk8hpwUw&noredirect=1
For about a week, sure. I fully expect Osvaldo to have a fight with somebody within a month, lol.
He's going to choke Lichtsteiner to death, isn't he?

and did you hear this?
When Osvaldo first joined Roma & went house hunting & then finally found a home, the owner of that place wanted to get Pablo to sign a multiple year contract but Osvaldo said "No, only 1 year, people will realize how good I am & I'll move to a great squad like Juve."

Linius

Yurt, your new avatar is too confusing. I read all your posts as if you're a Liverpool fan now. My mind can't comprehend.

Zabojnik

He's going to choke Lichtsteiner to death, isn't he?

and did you hear this?

The ego on this guy, loool. He *can* be pretty good when he wants though. He's one of those players that need 'perfect conditions' to perform to the max of their abilities. A lesser Berbasex, if you will.

Yurt, your new avatar is too confusing. I read all your posts as if you're a Liverpool fan now. My mind can't comprehend.

He is. We all are.

Linius

Lol, I called this guy. And then he said the price is okay, I'll email you my bank info and take care of business. It was like a thirty second phone call :lol

Blablurn

Shame we'll never know, eh? Now I can only look forward to further exposing another Pep Team.

And still not winning anything

ijxqvUtgziWDj.gif

pulga

Banned
if we beat barca 7:0 we would beat you guys 14:0. you lack the class of barca.

you had your chance, it went down to penalties lol. it's nice to dream, eh?

only-dreams-now.gif

pls keep thinking your all-dat because you consistently destroy your bundeslolga feeder clubs. i suspect even arsenal is about to give you a harsh dose of reality.

Blablurn

you had your chance, it went down to penalties lol. it's nice to dream, eh?

only-dreams-now.gif

pls keep thinking your all-dat because you consistently destroy your bundeslolga feeder clubs. i suspect even arsenal is about to give you a harsh dose of reality.

when you are so good and so, why didnt you beat us before the penalty shootout?

pulga

Banned
when you are so good and so, why didnt you beat us before the penalty shootout?

?? same could be said to you. it went down to dumb luck because both teams were evenly matched

how is this hard to understand

furthermore, im positive we wouldn't have bottled it against Roberto di Matteo

Blablurn

?? same could be said to you. it went down to dumb luck because both teams were evenly matched

You lost against the worst penalty team in the CL as you could see in the final. You must be even worse. lol ramos.

pulga

Banned
You lost against the worst penalty team in the CL as you could see in the final. You must be even worse. lol ramos.

why is this even a madrid vs bayern thing

its not my fault germany consistently shit the bed against italy

i was just stating a fact, don't get your knickers in a twist lolol

People seem to forget how easy BM have it.

All they have to do is beat Dortmund/ the yearly title contender and they then can just relax against everyone else. Also I would love it if Arsenal/Serie A only had a 34 game season.

German clubs have the easiest of all the schedules from the 4 major leagues.

dc89

Manchester City have reached an informal agreement to sign the Porto midfielder Fernando in June, when they will seek to bolster the midfield which was exposed for its lack of depth in the home defeat to Chelsea that kept the title race wide open.

City’s attempts to do business with the Portuguese club may prove challenging, given that the selling club’s president Pinto da Costa is understood to be furious about their approach for the £15m player in the last 48 hours of the January transfer window. Clubs hate unanticipated eleventh-hour approaches for their players and days before the City move Porto thought they had finally tied Fernando to a lucrative new contract to protect their financial interest this summer. The Independent understands that an indignant Da Costa has told Porto coach Paulo Fonseca that Fernando should be excluded from the side until he leaves for City in the simmer, though Fonseca’s need for the player is likely to prevail.

City’s own need of Fernando, a holding midfielder in the same mould of Javi Garcia, was laid bare in Monday night’s 1-0 defeat to Jose Mourinho’s side - when the training ground groin injury sustained by Brazilian Fernandinho, 24 hours earlier, forced manager Manuel Pellegrini to turn to 33-year-old Martin Demichelis, who broadly failed to cope with Chelsea’s level of pace and invention. Porto refused to sell Fernando last Friday because they had already lost key midfielder, Lucho Gonzalez, to Qatari side Al Rayyan.

It emerged on Tuesday that Fernandinho may be back for City within two weeks, in time for Barcelona’s visit in the Champions League last 16 home leg on February 18. But City still need reinforcements in that area of the pitch, with Garcia lacking the calibre and Jack Rodwell not demonstrating the long-term fitness to provide the anchor.

The new contract Porto have spent two years trying to tie Fernando – which remained unsigned because of the prospective City move - it is likely to be concluded now, though the Portuguese club may now be unwilling to buy out the 26-year-old’s third party ownership. Doing so would make the transfer of the player more smooth this summer.

It was the same complex ownership structure which is understood to have made City’s attempt to sign Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala at the same time as Fernando difficult, late last week. The player is 56 per cent owned by Porto and 44 per cent by a company connected to the agent Jorge Mendes, making it difficult for City to know how high and with whom to bid when they tried to conclude a last-minute bid for the French defender.

Though City are expected to go back in for the 22-year-old again this summer, they may find difficulty as Mangala is understood to favour a move to Paris Saint Germain in his native France. Mangala joined the Mendes stable of players two months ago and there are suggestions in Portugal that the player may already have reached a preliminary agreement to move to the French capital this summer. He wanted to stay in Porto for the remainder of the season because he feared he would not be a first choice centre half at City in the second half of this season - and would so struggle to make France’s summer World Cup squad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-porto-midfielder-in-the-summer-9107842.html

People seem to forget how easy BM have it.

All they have to do is beat Dortmund/ the yearly title contender and they then can just relax against everyone else. Also I would love it if Arsenal/Serie A only had a 34 game season.

German clubs have the easiest of all the schedules from the 4 major leagues.

That's not even true. In their current form of killing everyone, they don't even need to beat us.

Kiraly

Tonight the Madrid derbi is gonna be one fucking hell of a cracker

Uefalona ofcourse already practically in the final because of a favouring draw, typical of those money laundering cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom