• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIFA give World Cup water breaks

FIFA have accepted Cesare Prandelli’s proposal to introduce ‘water breaks’ in exceptionally hot weather at the World Cup.

The Italy Coach had pushed for this safeguard to be put in place, particularly when playing in the Amazonian areas of the country in the afternoon.

“With respect to the high temperatures in some parts of Brazil during the competition, all the decisions we make are based on scientific data,” announced FIFA Chief Medical Officer Prof Jiri Dvorak at a Press conference in Sao Paulo.

“We performed a study this summer in Turkey, when we measured the temperature of players during a game, and published the results in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.

“We don’t think the conditions in Brazil will be as difficult as people are saying. We can introduce extra water breaks and provide players with cold towels where necessary, but that’s a medical decision that will be judged on a case by case basis, before each game, by our team of health professionals.

“We’re very well prepared and will do everything we can to preserve players’ health.”

It is believed these breaks will be for three or four minutes every half-hour of football.

There will also be a standardised medical kit in every stadium, including an automated external defibrillator.

Marc

Us and Man Utd will be fighting over the same leftback in summer, I fear

Shaw?

Will be difficult to replace Cissokho.

media_preview.php

Wilbur

Banned
Just a top 3?

1. Sword in the Stone
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. Robin Hood

Aladdin deserves a mention though as Jasmine transcends animation into fap territory.

Where's that Lion King love?

1. The Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. The Fox and the Hound

But really equally love for The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan, Snow White etc. etc.

I really love Hunchback of Notre Dame as well. Robin Hood's a great shout. Hercules is criminally underrated.

W2TOFFw.gif

Hopefully one of us gets it mate :)

Tbh, not too fussed with applications at the moment. Main aim is to make sure I get a good grade at the end of the course. Thankfully, coursework's are going well. Need to start revising properly for the exams though. Got 5 in May ;_;

Hopefully! Best of luck.

Fuck, five exams? I only have one and its for a course I failed last year lol. The rest is coursework. quelle sexual

K1LLER7

Hopefully! Best of luck.

Fuck, five exams? I only have one and its for a course I failed last year lol. The rest is coursework. quelle sexual
Should have checked the modules thoroughly before choosing them. Never crossed my mind to check how many exams i'd have to take lol ;_;

Moyes will win the Champions League.

Linius

I have the same top 3. I like you, very, very much.

Well I didn't expect someone to have The Hound and the Fox in there too. Most people even never heard of it :(
I actually know the film by it's Dutch name because I watched it over and over as a kid. They're named Frank and Frey in Dutch :p

Wilbur

Banned
Well I didn't expect someone to have The Hound and the Fox in there too. Most people even never heard of it :(
I actually know the film by it's Dutch name because I watched it over and over as a kid. They're named Frank and Frey in Dutch :p

I used to cry at that film all the time when i was a mere boy

Marc

I really love Hunchback of Notre Dame as well. Robin Hood's a great shout. Hercules is criminally underrated.

Hopefully! Best of luck.

I remember Hunchback being quite fucked up when you sat down and thought things through, same as Beauty and the Beast. You're like 'wait, wait, wait... this guy is an angry dick like 90% of the time... and the film is the definition of stockholm syndrome'.

Found a new appreciation of Disney films since having a daughter, probably because I have to watch them 500 times in a row. Hercules was always a bit too 'safe' for me, a by the numbers production, good and everything but never really goes mental like say Dumbo on acid.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember Hunchback being quite fucked up when you sat down and thought things through, same as Beauty and the Beast. You're like 'wait, wait, wait... this guy is an angry dick like 90% of the time... and the film is the definition of stockholm syndrome'.

Found a new appreciation of Disney films since having a daughter, probably because I have to watch them 500 times in a row. Hercules was always a bit too 'safe' for me, a by the numbers production, good and everything but never really goes mental like say Dumbo on acid.

Great songs, great villain, hot lady

wot iz not 2 luv

Linius

I used to cry at that film all the time when i was a mere boy

That's only natural.

Anyone every tryed to get the sword from the sword and the stone at Disney Land in Paris? There must be a picture of me as a little boy at that sword somewhere in the house :p

Marc

Great songs, great villain, hot lady

wot iz not 2 luv

Doesn't Danny Devito sing?

I guess films that made Hades a villain always bothered me. Plus all the other inaccurate usage of the myth, one of them being the name itself.

Jarnet87

Moyes could be using Buttner in the remaining games to see whether he deserves a place in the side for next year or if he should be shipped out. Instead he will start Evra for every single game. Then Evra will not sign the extension and peace out to France.

Wilbur

Banned
Moyes could be using Buttner in the remaining games to see whether he deserves a place in the side for next year or if he should be shipped out. Instead he will start Evra for every single game. Then Evra will not sign the extension and peace out to France.

There isn't any question that Buttner does not deserve a place. He's fucking useless.

my favourite disney film is star wars empire tstrikes back

adrianonandoswfr16.png

Piss off evra you're shit

Had a lot of Mandy last night and was grinding my teeth like crazy and biting my lower bottom lip, now I've got two fucking ulcers in my mouth.

Elchele

So he suffers from the Perisic syndrome? Got all it takes to be a great player but lacks the basic tactical and football intelligence.

:(
did someone make the gif you were asking for, earlier today?

LOOOOL at the Bayern match, everyone got so excited when HSV conceded the third goal hahahahhaha

Messi

sTTmVgF.jpg

I knew I wasnt crazy. He moved his crotch to the post first, smiled at the camera and then kissed the post.

Messi

He sure is. 17 goals and 12 assists this season so far.

Funny to think a year ago I was calling for his head and to sell him whatever the cost. He really clicked this season. Pedro is doing well this year also. The team did well adapting while Messi was out and showed they could score goals and win tight games.

MOYES PLSSSSSSSS

I can't imagine Barca wanting to sell him now. The most likely winger to leave is Tello or Afellay.

FootballFan

Funny to think a year ago I was calling for his head and to sell him whatever the cost. He really clicked this season. Pedro is doing well this year also. The team did well adapting while Messi was out and showed they could score goals and win tight games.

I think most barca fans wanted to sell him last season. Lol he so bad. Real sosobad.

Kikarian

I think when Moyes said there's going to be more signings in the future, did he he mean signing contracts of aged players that are useless now?

Clegg

I like how they clearly removed the drinks in front of them so they could take the picture. The mats are still in shot.

arkon

Every player gets rushed back from injury, especially if they are any good. Don't see Messi coming back shit because he rushed back. I don't think that is a valid excuse. In fact, Rooney always seemed to have a little purple patch when coming back from injuries. Might be wrong on that but always seemed to remember him coming back to score.

He was individually shit though, I don't disagree on the entire team being awful, but he was misplacing 5 yard passes, had the touch of a rapist covered in spikes... just terrible. Under no real pressure either. As for leaving everyone out, well, like I said.. I would. Clearly weren't up for it. Is anyone really expecting Gerrard to show up in his twilight, in sodding CM and boss it for England in humidity/heat? Terry has usually been very good for us, and Rio... but obviously not going to happen and shouldn't anyway IMO.

Sturridge is wasted out wide, and Welbeck is a waste of a position... no way should he be getting in the team unless there is some kind of plague. Although I like him to be fair, I just don't think he rises to pressure. Great in friendlies and shit games, not so much when it matters perhaps. Although he is young so that can change. Rooney deserved to have the team built around him, and did, and we played like shit. Chance missed. Management certainly played their part but fuck me has he been terrible regardless.

Messi came back shit last year. They rushed him back for the CL ties against Bayern and he was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom