• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

wh- when did he say Dzeko is better than RVP

goodness me

voyeurj7j6n.gif

I've pointed this out before but no one ever takes notice. I don't see how the hell you can look at this picture and not think Arsenal's physio is Gale from Breaking Bad/Thomas from the Wire season 5.

Elchele

ahahahahahahhahahaha

aahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

[IMfG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldhy6gn74F1qa0krjo1_400.gif[/IMG]

i cant breathe

[IMGf]http://i.imgur.com/XXPoU.gif[/IMG]

I like it when you don't have anything to dispute what someone is saying, you just post gif and stupidity like always. Grow up, tool.

pulga

Banned
guys guys

Fernando Torres is better than Henry because he won a cl, el, world cup, and eurocup in the last 5 years

let that sink in

I like it when you don't have anything to dispute what someone is saying, you just post gif and stupidity like always. Grow up, tool.

why would i properly respond to such a dumb, borderline mentally deficient statement hahahahahhahaa

halp me pls i cant i cant

Jack cw

You looked better in the second half because you were against 10 men. It's easy to dominate a dog that's already got its tail between its legs.
This must have been the first time Bayern played well against 10. To be honest, the game went more and more towards Arsenals goal after 20 minutes were played. The goal was inevitable but Scezny had something against it. Arsenals plan was clear as water. Quick first goal with high pressing, waiting for a chance to overrun Bayerns defence and then playing counter. Pep knew this was coming but Martinez stood to high, lahm made it better in the second half. I think that even with 11 players on the pitch, the outcome and domination would have been the same.

Thanks Arsenal GAF

Only third behind Gerrard and Rooney in the League.

He got a short rest because of a shoulder injury over the holidays, but other than that it's been full steam for a player who didn't even get a pre-season with us. Wenger's notorious for doing this. I fully believe that Ramsey's injury was completely avoidable if he hadn't played every game until that point.

Ozil has put in a number of sub-par performances recently, undeniably, but it has become somewhat of a meme in this thread. Even when he's played well, the same people turn up saying that same thing. And he has played well this season, at times. Really well.

I will never forgive Moyes for not even attempting to buy him. Instead we got fucking Fellani

faridmon

Fernando Torres is a legend.

I would take him at Arsenal.

Aye, I would really sell most of our renewed players such as Baines, Coleman, Barkely to finance a move to Everton.

And Podolski, while not as good as some may thing, is component goalscorer who proved himself in Bundesliga and previously with Germany. I don't know where the hate comes from (Especially from Jupp) Yes, he flopped in Bayern, but many did and they are still as impressive as many of those overrated players out there.

LTWheels

All of Arsenal's problems could be solved if we bought someone who could score goals.

Makes me weep looking at the lack of quality we have in that area compared to say, even Liverpool.

Liverpool.

I find this tone from a lot of Arsenal fans quite bewildering that it is unimaginable how Liverpool is able to manage to cultivate strikers. Like we have no right to have good forwards.

It should be no surprise, our history is full of top strikers. It's everywhere else that's the problem.

Elchele

Aye, I would really sell most of our renewed players such as Baines, Coleman, Barkely to finance a move to Everton.

And Podolski, while not as good as some may thing, is component goalscorer who proved himself in Bundesliga and previously with Germany. I don't know where the hate comes from (Especially from Jupp) Yes, he flopped in Bayern, but many did and they are still as impressive as many of those overrated players out there.

Podolski is a great player for a small club, but I don't think he will ever be good enough for a top club. That's all

faridmon

I find this tone from a lot of Arsenal fans quite bewildering that it is unimaginable how Liverpool is able to manage to cultivate strikers. Like we have no right to have good forwards.

It should be no surprise, our history is full of top strikers. It's everywhere else that's the problem.

I think you are misunderstanding his intention. Is not like he is belittling Liverpool when it comes to having good strikers, its more like if Liverpool can have ability to actually attract strikers, why can't Arsenal try at least to be in the same ballpark in terms of attacking threat?

I think Arsenal fans are lamenting the fact that, considering Arsenal and top 4 bla bla bla, they can't get a decent strikers at all.

faridmon

Podolski is a great player for a small club, but I don't think he will ever be good enough for a top club. That's all

While Boatang can be?

I really do disagree with you. I think its a matter of system for him rather than how big a club is.

GorillaJu

This must have been the first time Bayern played well against 10. To be honest, the game went more and more towards Arsenals goal after 20 minutes were played. The goal was inevitable but Scezny had something against it. Arsenals plan was clear as water. Quick first goal with high pressing, waiting for a chance to overrun Bayerns defence and then playing counter. Pep knew this was coming but Martinez stood to high, lahm made it better in the second half. I think that even with 11 players on the pitch, the outcome and domination would have been the same.

I'm not so sure. Bayern are the better team and deserve their win, no doubt, but Arsenal missed a few really good opportunities to score, including winning a penalty. After missing it, Ozil's head went, Arsenal started to feel bad for themselves and their lack of mental constitution really became apparent. I think if Ozil hadn't taken the penalty so badly, they would have stayed in the game, mentally, and the final result would have ended closer 2-2 or maybe even 2-1 in Arsenal's favor.

For all of Bayern's possession, they created very few opportunities to score. Kroos's shots from outside the box were the most threatening point of their attack, until of course they were up against a team down a man.

I'm not sure how you can legitimately claim that Bayern play worse against ten men, though. Even if the slightly different shape or more defensive tactics are difficult to play against, you have the ball in your possession and the opposition never will. So long as you control the ball, you'll win, because they'll be fucking knackered by the end of the match anyway and then you can pounce, which is exactly what they did.

Elchele

Thanks. It has been clear since day one that he would renew, he's been playing hard ball because he obviously is not happy about players like Gotze getting so much money without proving themselves at Bayern first.

Kroos has been amazing since he got the 'bench treatment', no doubt we will end up paying him what he wants. He's been our most promising player for years now, and he improves every season.

Pep wanting to extend was a joke, RIGHT?! :-(

Elchele

While Boatang can be?

I really do disagree with you. I think its a matter of system for him rather than how big a club is.

Don't know where the Boateng hate comes from, he has been our best CB since Lucio

That too, but you think a top club would build a team around Podolski?

Salvadora

It isn't that Liverpool don't have the right to have good forwards.

You don't compete in Europe and suffer from financial constraints, yet you've cultivated forwards that would make Real Madrid (and most others) blush. Obviously they didn't come to you with that status, but the point still stands.

faridmon

Don't know where the Boateng hate comes from, he has been our best CB since Lucio

That too, but you think a top club would built a team around Podolski?

He have been out of position in so many games I have watched for Germany and punished for it, to a point that it doubted me how good he is. In fact, it made me wonder that the system at Bayern protected him whenever he makes a mistake here and there.

I do not think about the problem with Podolski is whether the team is built around him or not. Again, its a system and he is one player who isn't as flexible as (say) Lahm. He is fucking useless as a winger, for instance.

Fergie

Banned
Afro has been out for long. Really want to see him partner Carrick.

Glad to see Fletcher got a call-up, what a ride it has been for him. <3

Marc

Even recent history, how many trophies have you won in their barren period? Arse fans amaze me.

GorillaJu

It isn't that Liverpool don't have the right to have good forwards.

You don't compete in Europe and suffer from financial constraints, yet you've cultivated forwards that would make Real Madrid (and most others) blush. Obviously they didn't come to you with that status, but the point still stands.

To be fair, we've only really signed one top class striker while out of the CL, and that's Suarez. I don't think other top clubs were interested in him so much at the time, just us and Spurs, who balked at the asking price.

Sturridge wanted, and deserves to be, the leading man at a top club. He was playing really well for AVB until his firing, and at that point when RDM wasn't picking him he probably made up his mind about moving on, but it was never going to be upward. I posted a thread on the RAWK transfer forum when we were linked loosely the summer before he joined us, and I was derided for pages because no one believed the link and didn't want to, because they thought Sturridge would be a mediocre signing. When we signed him, there were still a lot of skeptics.

Liverpool took up the opportunity where maybe some other clubs were afraid to do so, but it's not as if we pulled off a coup to convince him to come. Maybe he wouldn't have gone to City because of his history with them, had they shown interest, but Arsenal or United could have signed him, no question. He wanted to leave.

Sturridge + Suarez together cost about 35m. Money well spent.

Salvadora

Very well said, Odd.

It's more of a "look how well Liverpool have done with less" thing. Sturridge is positively Henry-esque at times.

faridmon

Afro has been out for long. Really want to see him partner Carrick.

Glad to see Fletcher got a call-up, what a ride it has been for him. <3

Well he had a back problems for so long as well as a wrist injury where he carried it for very long, even back at Everton. So I hope he takes his time to come back because it was really sad to see him playing in pain for so long.

Elchele

He have been out of position in so many games I have watched for Germany and punished for it, to a point that it doubted me how good he is. In fact, it made me wonder that the system at Bayern protected him whenever he makes a mistake here and there.

Even Hummels looks like shit with Loew tactics. All our defensive line was "protected" last season thanks to Heynckes' tactics but this season with Pep the defensive line is very well exposed and Boateng has been immense so far.

We have been having a hard time in CL matches because Pep has got the tactics wrong in two matches already (vs City and vs Arsenal).

Walshy

Even recent history, how many trophies have you won in their barren period? Arse fans amaze me.
Well considering we haven't won the league in twenty four years (if you consider that our barren period) we have won in that time: 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup, 2 UEFA Super Cups and 2 Charity Shields.

We've also been in another Champions League final, 2 FA Cup finals, 1 league cup final and finished second in the league a few times.

We still need a league title, I feel Gerrard deserves one before he retires. Would be a shame if he couldn't get one.

GorillaJu

Very well said, Odd.

It's more of a "look how well Liverpool have done with less" thing. Sturridge is positively Henry-esque at times.

I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for both Suarez's and Sturridge's rises. He makes tactical gaffes more often than I'd like, but how often do you see difficult to manage players like the ones we have united so well? He's got to be one of the best around at man-management.

Fergie

Banned
Well he had a back problems for so long as well as a wrist injury where he carried it for very long, even back at Everton. So I hope he takes his time to come back because it was really sad to see him playing in pain for so long.
Of course, him being free of any on-going injuries would be great. Hope he comes back soon.

bud

I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for both Suarez's and Sturridge's rises. He makes tactical gaffes more often than I'd like, but how often do you see difficult to manage players like the ones we have united so well? He's got to be one of the best around at man-management.

suarez and sturridge don't seem like difficult-to-manage players at all. suarez loses his mind on the pitch, but i doubt he's like balotelli off of it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
suarez and sturridge don't seem like difficult-to-manage players at all. suarez loses his mind on the pitch, but i doubt he's like balotelli off of it.

Sturridge is definitely difficult to manage, he has a big ego and can sometimes get too wound up. It was only a few weeks ago that he was arguing with his manager on the touchline when he was subbed for missing that penalty.

Rodgers has done well to keep him in line and working hard.

GorillaJu

I think Sterling is also a bit tricky, but obviously I don't see the players every day, so I don't know for sure.

You don't think Suarez's overtures toward Real Madrid and his attempt to move to Arsenal make him difficult to manage?

He's no Balotelli though, that's for sure.

Yen

Sturridge is definitely difficult to manage, he has a big ego and can sometimes get too wound up. It was only a few weeks ago that he was arguing with his manager on the touchline when he was subbed for missing that penalty.

C'mon now, he wasn't exactly arguing on the touchline, then he spent the postmatch interview talking about how great Rodgers is and how there was really no problem.

bud

that doesn't mean he's difficult to manage, though. players get upset all the time.

I think Sterling is also a bit tricky, but obviously I don't see the players every day, so I don't know for sure.

You don't think Suarez's overtures toward Real Madrid and his attempt to move to Arsenal make him difficult to manage?

He's no Balotelli though, that's for sure.

i realise that's a bit of a tricky situation when a player wants to leave, but other than that, he doesn't seem so bad. off the pitch, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom